Once upon a time Possibly To Glow Away!

jrhwdw

If HEA really is heavy on pyro, like last night's testing, OUAT would still be valid IMO. Since 2011, MM&Y/CTM/OUAT has been heavy on projections, Wishes is heavy on pyro. That might be the same here. Plus, we all know MK needs all the help it can get at night after Oct 2016 :(
Also, I think this is a calendar issue. It took them forever to add OUAT to May.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Plus, we all know MK needs all the help it can get at night after Oct 2016 :(

Does it? I mean, isn't the point of all of this work to get the night time offerings at Animal Kingdom up to par with the rest of the property to help alleviate some of the crowds from the Magic Kingdom and spread the night time crowds more evenly among the four parks? I mean, Hollywood Studios now has three night time events (Fantasmic, Star Wars fireworks, and Music of Pixar), Animal Kingdom has Rivers of Light, Tree of Life Awakening, Pandora, and Night Time Safaris. It seems obvious that they are trying to get more people to stay later at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios and the BIG way you could prevent that would be by having multiple night time events (especially new events) at Magic Kingdom.

drizgirl

Does it? I mean, isn't the point of all of this work to get the night time offerings at Animal Kingdom up to par with the rest of the property to help alleviate some of the crowds from the Magic Kingdom and spread the night time crowds more evenly among the four parks? I mean, Hollywood Studios now has three night time events (Fantasmic, Star Wars fireworks, and Music of Pixar), Animal Kingdom has Rivers of Light, Tree of Life Awakening, Pandora, and Night Time Safaris. It seems obvious that they are trying to get more people to stay later at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios and the BIG way you could prevent that would be by having multiple night time events (especially new events) at Magic Kingdom.
The idea is to bring the other parks up, not to bring the MK down. Which is exactly what happened when the night parade went away.

Bacon

Jenn is less-connected than a bus driver.
But her tinker belle thing wasn't false was it?
WAS IT?
WAS IT?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?
200.webp

InsideDisney

The plan was always to remove Ouat when HEA comes, besides Hea will have projections and pyro and other cool effects so no need for Ouat.

doctornick

As of right now it looks like june 3rd will be the last day to see Once upon a time, I'm guessing it might glow away since Hea will have projections and there would be no point in running a projection show if the firework show already has projections.

Was it ever confirmed that this is correct? On the official WDW site, OUAT seems to be listed as a nightly offering until July 8 but then I don't see it listed after that.

jrhwdw

Was it ever confirmed that this is correct? On the official WDW site, OUAT seems to be listed as a nightly offering until July 8 but then I don't see it listed after that.
KNEW IT! They only do OUAT (and everything else if it's not FOF and HEA) Month by Month online . Why OUAT doesn't fall into the same category as FOF and HEA IDK.

Speaking of OUAT, any changes last night since we're now in the HEA era?

ToTBellHop

With Beauty and the Beast not making a single appearance in HEA, I could envision this show sticking around. I'd assume the main reason that movie doesn't appear in HEA is because of how prominent it is in OUAT.
I would assume so, too. My understanding is that the original plan was to retire OuaT. However, that is before they made some final decisions on this show (e.g. no "Let it Go" or BatB, Moana added). The two shows certainly complement each other well.

MTBaymax

This was probably mentioned in the Happily Ever After thread already, but they finally fixed the animation for Mrs. Potts and Chip.

I don't think it's gonna go away.

Disney-Trains

I'm guessing (just a guess) that a slightly beefed up once upon a time would have been the "fireworks show" if MK had ended up with a night parade.

jrhwdw

I'm guessing (just a guess) that a slightly beefed up once upon a time would have been the "fireworks show" if MK had ended up with a night parade.
Either that or a beefed up OUAT, Wishes staying and a night Parade if TDO had the right amount of money. Sounded like on opening night that HEA was in planning long before DL wanted MSEP. Was OUAT rushed after the MSEP announcement? We had CTM, with seasonal tags even!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but it looks like OUAT is sticking around... performance times are listed now through July 8th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom