Olaf meet 'n greet at MVMCP

FerretAfros

I wouldn't be surprised if the Olaf costume had some restrictions to it that make it difficult to wear, similar to Perry the Platypus. Because of the hard body shell, he has very limited mobility, and his appearances were very tightly controlled. From what I can tell, he did 1 day of M&G in WDW, and showed up at a few Halloween parties at DL, but was restricted to special appearances (non-M&G) beyond that. I wouldn't be surprised if Olaf had a similar construction, which would also make it difficult for him to do much movement and/or interaction; why meet Olaf if he can't actually give you a warm hug?

When Perry was being 'regularly' used there was only one performer who was signed off for the costume, making it even more difficult to have anything resembling a high-capacity meet & greet. Since Olaf is a somewhat late addition, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have enough performers and/or costumes to do a proper M&G

agp301391LARGE.jpg

asianway

I wouldn't be surprised if the Olaf costume had some restrictions to it that make it difficult to wear, similar to Perry the Platypus. Because of the hard body shell, he has very limited mobility, and his appearances were very tightly controlled. From what I can tell, he did 1 day of M&G in WDW, and showed up at a few Halloween parties at DL, but was restricted to special appearances (non-M&G) beyond that. I wouldn't be surprised if Olaf had a similar construction, which would also make it difficult for him to do much movement and/or interaction; why meet Olaf if he can't actually give you a warm hug?

When Perry was being 'regularly' used there was only one performer who was signed off for the costume, making it even more difficult to have anything resembling a high-capacity meet & greet. Since Olaf is a somewhat late addition, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have enough performers and/or costumes to do a proper M&G

agp301391LARGE.jpg
DL has had Perry at every HP for 4 years now

wdrive

Are you sure that there was only one performer signed off for Perry? As long as they have a character performer who is the right height they will usually approve them for that character if they need them. As long as Olaf isn't some odd height they will have plenty of performers who could portray him.

Phil12

Are you sure that there was only one performer signed off for Perry? As long as they have a character performer who is the right height they will usually approve them for that character if they need them. As long as Olaf isn't some odd height they will have plenty of performers who could portray him.
I think you're right.
o-OLAF-900.jpg

o-OLAF-DISNEY-900.jpg

Last edited:

Sped2424

I have a theory. No olaf meet and greet. But a dessert party soiree premium before or after the lighting show with elsa, anna, kristoff and olaf for an 99 extra fee is totally plausible.

asianway

I have a theory. No olaf meet and greet. But a dessert party soiree premium before or after the lighting show with elsa, anna, kristoff and olaf for an 99 extra fee is totally plausible.
And since they do the lighting nightly, it doesn't need to be tied to the party. Good one

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom