Olaf meet 'n greet at MVMCP

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
But really... When frozen eventually dies down a bit (because they always do) all the themed locations will be rethemed. I feel like all this effort is only good for a few years. I don't really think the Frozen craze will last forever. I mean look back at the 90's Hunchback's stage show closed, and Pocahontas's show also left. I know the films didn't make as much money as frozen but...

Pocahontas and Hunchback were not nearly as successful as Frozen. At all. And definitely not in popularity when they came out either. They're not even on the same scale.

Hunchback of Notre Dame grossed $100 million in the US. Pocahontas grossed 141 million dollars in the US.

Frozen made $15.2 million just on opening day. Frozen earned $400 MILLION dollars at the box office in the US. A better comparison is The Lion King, which also earned a rank in the $400 million dollar box office setting in the US.

Worldwide total..

Hunchback -- $325,338,851
Pocahontas -- $346,079,773

Lion King -- $987,483,777
Frozen -- $1,274,219,009

Now.. I don't know about anyone else here.. But I really think your comparisons should have been researched a little bit more. Compare Frozen more along the lines of The Lion King. Now.. The Lion King has been a huge popular praise since it first came out. Now obviously it's not AS popular anymore, but you can tell there's still a huge, HUGE fan base for Lion King. Which is probably why Disney put an effort into re-locating the show in AK instead of just closing it. It's a high-demand movie, and it's definitely not dying down for a while.

The exact same goes to Frozen. Disney was caught off guard by it's popularity, but it's definitely just as popular as when The Lion King came out.. If not, maybe a little bit more. Especially on kid's standards.

Frozen is definitely... Most definitely.. Not.. Dying.. Out. For YEARS. We'll have to find a way to live with it.

And relating to your re-theme part of your post.... Explain to me: Stitch's Great Escape, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Indiana Jones, Dinosaur, It's Tough to be a Bug.. Heck, classic movies have new rides now.. Snow White, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast got a restaurant..

2 things for that: 1) It doesn't matter how relevant the movie is, if it's a great attraction, it's most likely going to stay open (Splash Mountain, Dinosaur, ect..) 2) It won't even matter how good the attraction is, it'll stay there for years. (Stitch's Great Escape, 3 Cabelleros, ect..)

Last edited:

DopeyFan418

Gonna parade this one out again

gWXqv42.jpg

Here's to hoping Disney's Olaf costume resembles, ya know, a snowman.

I think Kristoff said it best, "You're creepy!"

I mean seriously, somebody's gotta tell him.

iheartdisney91

Pocahontas and Hunchback were not nearly as successful as Frozen. At all. And definitely not in popularity when they came out either. They're not even on the same scale.

Hunchback of Notre Dame grossed $100 million in the US. Pocahontas grossed 141 million dollars in the US.

Frozen made $15.2 million just on opening day. Frozen earned $400 MILLION dollars at the box office in the US. A better comparison is The Lion King, which also earned a rank in the $400 million dollar box office setting in the US.

Worldwide total..

Hunchback -- $325,338,851
Pocahontas -- $346,079,773

Lion King -- $987,483,777
Frozen -- $1,274,219,009

Now.. I don't know about anyone else here.. But I really think your comparisons should have been researched a little bit more. Compare Frozen more along the lines of The Lion King. Now.. The Lion King has been a huge popular praise since it first came out. Now obviously it's not AS popular anymore, but you can tell there's still a huge, HUGE fan base for Lion King. Which is probably why Disney put an effort into re-locating the show in AK instead of just closing it. It's a high-demand movie, and it's definitely not dying down for a while.

The exact same goes to Frozen. Disney was caught off guard by it's popularity, but it's definitely just as popular as when The Lion King came out.. If not, maybe a little bit more. Especially on kid's standards.

Frozen is definitely... Most definitely.. Not.. Dying.. Out. For YEARS. We'll have to find a way to live with it.

And relating to your re-theme part of your post.... Explain to me: Stitch's Great Escape, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Indiana Jones, Dinosaur, It's Tough to be a Bug.. Heck, classic movies have new rides now.. Snow White, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast got a restaurant..

2 things for that: 1) It doesn't matter how relevant the movie is, if it's a great attraction, it's most likely going to stay open (Splash Mountain, Dinosaur, ect..) 2) It won't even matter how good the attraction is, it'll stay there for years. (Stitch's Great Escape, 3 Cabelleros, ect..)

The idea wasn't exactly to compare them ... I was just trying to say that disney has fans of the classics, and there's more to disney than the recent block buster. Everything lately is "Frozen" I'm aware that those films didn't make nearly as much as frozen, which I stated already. And due to that fact the films are sadly overlooked. With posting the gross rates and telling me to do more research, that just shows you were investing way to much time into my post.

I for one would be ecstatic if disney opened a ride showcasing classic 90's films.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The idea wasn't exactly to compare them ... I was just trying to say that disney has fans of the classics, and there's more to disney than the recent block buster. Everything lately is "Frozen" I'm aware that those films didn't make nearly as much as frozen, which I stated already. And due to that fact the films are sadly overlooked. With posting the gross rates and telling me to do more research, that just shows you were investing way to much time into my post.

I for one would be ecstatic if disney opened a ride showcasing classic 90's films.

I actually didn't mean for it to be all that long. I got bored and wanted to do research, didn't particularly mean to try and start an argument on that. I apologize xP

Ausdaddy

@drew81 So, does the rumor that Olaf will be part of a "premium" event at the castle have any truth to it? Not sure I can stomach $99/person, but it wouldn't surprise me.

drew81

Original Poster
Olaf will be in parade and Castle lighting only(as of now). Certain people have decided that he is not allowed to take any photos or do meet and greets with anyone(guest or cast members alike). :banghead:

Once he appears in the park people are going to want to meet him. What is the purpose of having a character brought to life if there is no chance of having him meet? This same rule applies to Kristoff.

Hopefully this will change and Disney will get these popular characters out.

mm52200

Olaf will be in parade and Castle lighting only(as of now). Certain people have decided that he is not allowed to take any photos or do meet and greets with anyone(guest or cast members alike). :banghead:

Once he appears in the park people are going to want to meet him. What is the purpose of having a character brought to life if there is no chance of having him meet? This same rule applies to Kristoff.

Who even makes these kinds of decisions and decides that they are good ideas?

Piebald

Maybe he is something best to be seen from far? I'm not sure but that seems like a tricky costume to pull off.

GiveMeTheMusic

That's been my experience...
Is DL getting him for Christmas Fantasy?

Seriously. How do you have people running a department called Entertainment that have never even seen, let alone directed, produced or starred in, a musical or play? They know nothing about entertainment AT ALL, they just happened to land there in the corporate structure. The result are decisions that baffle even the most casual observers.

To answer your question, I haven't heard. We'll find out this week - parade opens on Friday.

Phil12

I think they want to be careful not to oversaturate the market with Olaf. Since Christmas season has already started there are going to be a lot of snowmen and snowgirls out there vying for attention over the next two months. Olaf's manager needs to be careful of overexposure just as Colonel Tom Parker did with Elvis. Fame can easily be very fleeting for a young star such as Olaf.

Look what happened to poor Lewis from Meet the Robinsons. And to this day I understand that Clarabelle Cow is still bitter about the inept career management she received. Poor guys burned out way too early. Let's hope that protections are now in place to help Olaf avoid those career pitfalls. :)

GiveMeTheMusic

I think they want to be careful not to oversaturate the market with Olaf. Since Christmas season has already started there are going to be a lot of snowmen and snowgirls out there vying for attention over the next two months. Olaf's manager needs to be careful of overexposure just as Colonel Tom Parker did with Elvis. Fame can easily be very fleeting for a young star such as Olaf.

Look what happened to poor Lewis from Meet the Robinsons. And to this day I understand that Clarabelle Cow is still bitter about the inept career management she received. Poor guys burned out way too early. Let's hope that protections are now in place to help Olaf avoid those career pitfalls. :)

This post is giving me the vapors.

Mr Anderson

I, for one, am super excited that the Olaf M&G is happening during MVMCP.

This means my wife and I will get easier access to everything else at the party (and enjoy even shorter lines) while all the Frozen fans wait in line for Olaf!

For once, I'm thankful for that stupid little snowman!!

GiveMeTheMusic

I, for one, am super excited that the Olaf M&G is happening during MVMCP.

This means my wife and I will get easier access to everything else at the party (and enjoy even shorter lines) while all the Frozen fans wait in line for Olaf!

For once, I'm thankful for that stupid little snowman!!

There isn't going to be a M&G. Sorry to burst your capacity bubble.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom