'Ohana Character Breakfast

mroman

Original Poster
This past December we were fortunate to get reservations for Chef Mickey's breakfast and my 1 year old loved it. We are planning another trip next month (on short notice) and can't get a reservation for Chef Mickey's (although I keep trying) and wondered if anyone had thoughts about 'Ohana's for breakfast. I read that Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto will be there which is great but how is the food for breakfast? I was hoping that this would be 'the next best' to Chef Mickey's so anyone who's been to both...what are your thoughts.

Thanks, Mark

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The menu at Ohanna's is no where near as large as CM but it is good basic breakfast food. IMHO the next best thing food wise would be 1900 park fare at GF.

The food is fairm at Ohana. The character interaction is great. There is a parade a couple tiems an hour that the kids get to participate in with the characters. My kids loved it.

KristieLC

Ohana was one of our favorite Character breakfasts! Like stated above, the food itself is basic breakfast food for the most part. The fresh fruit was really good and the assorted breads are very good too. I also really liked the juice - some pineapple passion fruit type of juice. The character interaction was wonderful and the restaurant itself was comfortable. I loved the big chairs and we had a nice view of the grounds. Thinking about it now, while it was a character breakfast and comes with some "noise", it wasn't nearly as loud as some of the other character meals we have been to.

HollyBelle

Love Ohana. Like others have mentioned, you get the standard fare, but I actually prefer it over the other buffets because they bring the food to you and it's served family style so you don't have to go get it. And because of this, it seems a little more fresh (or maybe that just fools me)!

And as KristieLC mentioned, they have guava juice... oh so good. I don't know if you can even get that stuff anywhere else on property, but I love it!!

I would definitely recommend trying it, rather than calling endlessly for a Chef Mickey's ADR. But, I guess I should mention that I'm just not a Chef Mickey's fan, so that skews my viewpoint.

materbuddy

It is not a buffet, but is all you can eat. The food is great. It is not a wide variety of food though. Our 2 year old nephew loved the food and the characters. As soon as we went to our table he wanted to participate in the parade they had. We had a blast. 'Ohana is a great restaurant for breakfast with characters or dinner without characters.

lighteningqueen

If you really want a great breakfast and the Mickey Characters then try Tuskers. It was the bes of the 5 we have tried and great interaction and time at your table and might I say we had the best wait staff there of all the 9 days at the world this past Dec. Give it a try. The juice they give you is to die for......It is a buffet and their eggs are the best by far. Best flavor of all

lighteningqueen

Oh might I add our best to the least liked as far as food

Tusker
Crystal palace
1900 Park faire
Chef Mickeys

Not character but Captains Grille at the yacht club was very good buffet at 15.00 per person. In case no one knew which we did not last year. All th3 juice milk coffee tea etc is included in the price and they will bring you as much as you want.

DizneyPryncess

Ohana is great & is one of the most popular character breakfasts. It's basic food, but it's very good. The experience is different & so much fun too. Especially for kids. Chef Mickey's is one of a kind too, with a much larger variety of food - but I love the experience of Ohana. For me, they're on par with each other. :)

drew81

I like Ohana. The food is basic breakfast food. The characters do a parade with guests.

Also, Pluto can be a lot of fun at Ohana. ;)

Tiggerfanatic

Never did Ohana's, but had a really good time @ Tusker's on our last visit. Feed was good and great character interaction. We did Chef Mickey's for dinner this last time, and I actually preferred that to breakfast. Might be something you want to consider.

mickkey

One nice thing about Ohana's is that they bring the food to you.
It's all you can eat and served in a skillet ...basic fair of eggs, bacon, saugage, hash browns and waffles.
Charcaters are great and don't seem rushed. ( this year we say Mickey, Stitch and Pluto I think Lilo was there too but we went for the food not the Characters) It was my sons fav breakfast ...but he realized that now that he's 13 he's not the interested in the Characters anymore:drevil: (not cool moooommmm)

With older kids along for the trip, we don't do as many character meals as we used to, but we still make time for the Ohana breakfast! Even my 14-year-old, 6'1" son had some nostalgic fun (if you can feel nostalgic at 14...) and my daughter--a much more sophisticated 12--enjoyed it too. The food is very good and fresh, but not a lot of variety. The character interaction is EXCELLENT! They really take their time with the kids.

mousebymarriage

We ate breakfast at O'hanas a couple of years ago and the food was pretty good. The food is served family style but, the wait staff is really good about bringing you seconds or even thirds of anything that you want. The character interaction was great for both kids and adults. The only problem I had was that the scrambled eggs were really wet when they came to the table and that really, really grosses me out:hurl::hurl::hurl:! When I mentioned it to our waiter he was so sweet and brought us a new batch of eggs that were perfect. I woould definately recommend O'hanas for breakfast or dinner (dinners are character free but, still alot of fun).

lebeau

We've done three character breakfasts: Chef Mickeys, O'Hana and Hollywood and Vine. I'd rate O'Hana as the best. The options were more limited than the buffets, but the family-style service was superior. The food was better. Of the buffets, Chef Mickey's was much better than Hollywood & Vine. H&V was okay. But it left something to be desired compared to other character meals we've had.

toystory 3

Ok, so we leave in 12days and I called to get a breakfast reservation and it was booked. I was wondering if you can show up and get it or is it by reservation only.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ok, so we leave in 12days and I called to get a breakfast reservation and it was booked. I was wondering if you can show up and get it or is it by reservation only.
You can show up but you will more than likely be given some impossible wait time or be told that there is no availability especially if they are telling you that they are fully booked for every breakfast reservation. Sometimes you can get in if you show up before they open but that is a long shot.

toystory 3

You can show up but you will more than likely be given some impossible wait time or be told that there is no availability especially if they are telling you that they are fully booked for every breakfast reservation. Sometimes you can get in if you show up before they open but that is a long shot.

That's no good... Maybe we'll roll the dice! I'll let you all know.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
If you want to be in the MK area for a Character breakfast, I always recommend the crystal palace. It's buffet is small and noisy, but I've always loved the food there. Of course, I'm a "fresh fruit for breakfast" kind of guy so I'm easy to please.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom