Ohana Character Breakfast

disneyguru

Now that I am posting this in the right place, let's try again!

I will be in WDW over 4th of july weekend, and I was wondering if anyone has been to the character breakfast at Ohana at the Polynesian. I have been to several of the other character breakfasts and want to see how the Ohana breakfast is.

I have been to both the Breakfast and dinner, and both are good. I would probably prefer them to the castle or chef mickeys, because seems less wellknown, good food, cheap price, nice view. it was good
:p

Upvote 0

stitchlvr

We have a breakfast scheduled for our upcoming trip on June 12...I will have to post an update for you when we come home around the 21st. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this breakfast, that the character interaction is one of the best out there, the food is great (served family style, but still AYCE). We couldn't get into Chef Mickey's so we booked this as an alternative. I'd heard stories about the characters getting all the kids (and some adults) in a conga line and playing musical instruments etc...so I think it will be fun.

Upvote 0

frazierle

It's a good time, we just recently found out they have character breakfast there and have gone 3 times during our last 2 trips. It was alot of fun and yes they do the conga line (kids, adults, staff whomever is around). It could be my imagination but I believe the characters seem to spend a little more time at each table than some of the other character meals. My daughter was being really shy and Mickey was bound and determine to get a good photo shot with her. Came back to the table at least 4 times till she warmed up to him and we took the photo. They do not get the publicity of Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace and the castle, but you should not be disappointed.

Upvote 0

MichRX7

Premium Member
We went, had a good time, food was great and plentiful

Mickey seemed a bit worn out by the time we arrived for our reservation, but goofy, chip/dale were superb and more than made up for Mickey seeming a little worn.

I'd do it again unless they come up with a buzz character breakfast and then I'd get out-voted by the little ones.

I do think the atmosphere/food was better at Cindy's breakfast in the Castle. Well except Pocahontas acted worse than Mickey, lol...

Upvote 0

tikiman

Well here is a first!!!! I love the Polynesian and all about it but we tried the breakfast since we love the 'Ohana dinner and it was not worth ever going back for us. The food was just ok, the server was horrible and even dumped coffee all over our camera and said nothing. There were plenty of characters so I am sure kids would be very happy but I would never go back.

Aloha

Steve

Upvote 0

stitchlvr

We just returned from our trip, so here is my promised review. We arrived right at our PS time and were seated within 5 minutes. Our server was very attentive and we had more than we could possibly eat. It is served "family style": scrambled eggs (a little runny), large sausage links, bacon, biscuits, pineapple bread, a small bowl of fresh fruit, wonderful fried potatoes, Mickey shaped waffles and orange juice. We asked for more bacon and potatoes and they brought us plenty!

We were seated in a corner, which was nice for the outside view, but seemed like we had to wait a bit for any characters, maybe 20 min. But they all came around (Mickey, Chip, Dale and Goofy) shortly after that (Goofy stopped by twice). They didn't seem rushed to leave our table, so we got plenty of good pictures. They called all the kids in for a parade and gave them all marracas and they marched around the room. Not quite the conga line but still fun for the kids. We didn't feel rushed at any point, and we were there around 10:45.

I thought it was very expensive, around $90 with tip for 2 adults, 3 kids (13, 9 and 6) but it was comparable to any character meal, so this was not a surprise.

Overall, it was good experience, but probably not one we'd do again (only because we would rather do something we haven't already done). I would have preferred a buffet but Chef Mickey was already booked up and only had a 7 am PS available when we called. Several friends of mine said they would do Ohana again, over Chef Mickey: same basic characters, all you can eat, but less people and more interaction with characters. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom