Official Photography Contest 11/30/07 - 12/6/07 Cast Member Appreciation

Courtman

One of the more creepy residents of Phantom Manor in Disneyland Paris, he poked his head out to scare at just the right moment!!

hauntedman.jpg

Gorjus

I love this photo. I'm sure there is a bit of bias and experience in my opinion. It is easy to find entertainment/performing cast members making magic. It is a lot harder to find your average "front line"/out with the guests/doing average work cast members making magic.

Sometimes we are assigned to photograph "The Basics". That would be cast members... 1. staying in character and playing the part. 2. Going above and beyond. 3. Projecting a positive image and energy. 4. Being respectful to all guests including children.

It can often be hard at times to find a cast member smiling let alone doing "the basics". I couldn't find cast members interacting with children until right before the parade. I once parked myself by a park map that had been left on the ground. I waited and waited for a cast member to come and pick it up. It took 30 minutes.

So, to see such a smiling face such as this makes my heart sing.

BSikor

I love this photo. I'm sure there is a bit of bias and experience in my opinion. It is easy to find entertainment/performing cast members making magic. It is a lot harder to find your average "front line"/out with the guests/doing average work cast members making magic.

Sometimes we are assigned to photograph "The Basics". That would be cast members... 1. staying in character and playing the part. 2. Going above and beyond. 3. Projecting a positive image and energy. 4. Being respectful to all guests including children.

It can often be hard at times to find a cast member smiling let alone doing "the basics". I couldn't find cast members interacting with children until right before the parade. I once parked myself by a park map that had been left on the ground. I waited and waited for a cast member to come and pick it up. It took 30 minutes.

So, to see such a smiling face such as this makes my heart sing.

Thank you. I totally agree. She was so nice and she made a really great sundae too! I always try to stop in and see if she's working at Beaches & Cream whenever I'm walking around the Y&B

ZapperZ

This cast member welcomed us to the newly-reopened Haunted Mansion during this past Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. His expression was just PERFECT!

IMG_9054.JPG

Zz.

Gorjus

Where did I also see a photo of a child with a Fantasyland costume on in Disneyland (I think).

That photo above is cool. That's not Shelby is it? It looks like her name tag says Jordan. Shelby is a little girl who loves the Trolley show on Main St. and her grandmother (I think) made her a costume so she would look like the girls in the show and the Family Fun Day Parade. She always comes and walks with the girls in the parade. Where would you get the white material with the Mickey drawings on it. Wow, a lot of effort went into that, right down to the on your hip pin holder and the sack with park maps in it.

Atta83

Where did I also see a photo of a child with a Fantasyland costume on in Disneyland (I think).

That photo above is cool. That's not Shelby is it? It looks like her name tag says Jordan. Shelby is a little girl who loves the Trolley show on Main St. and her grandmother (I think) made her a costume so she would look like the girls in the show and the Family Fun Day Parade. She always comes and walks with the girls in the parade. Where would you get the white material with the Mickey drawings on it. Wow, a lot of effort went into that, right down to the on your hip pin holder and the sack with park maps in it.

That isnt shelby, thats a different little girl. i cant think of her name of the top of her head but its either her brother or cousin that had the same exact outfit made for him and her as well. they also have guest relations costumes as well. I've seen a pic of them with a few guest relation ppl. And actually I know that attendent as well in the photo! I need to call him now! lol Maybe he wil know the story and I can share for him!

joanna71985

I think it was both. In the GMR breakroom there are pictures of them in the outfits, including one of Shelby in the attendant outfit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom