Official Photography Contest 1/27/06 - 2/2/06 World Showcase Contest

speck76

Original Poster
A quick note: Thank you all for participating in the photo contests over the last year. A recent change in my career has limited my spare time...therefore, this will be the final contest that I am posting. I will leave the calendar up, in case someone else would like to take over.

World Showcase Photo Contest

1/27-2/2 World Showcase contestAny picture of World Showcase at Epcot (any aspect) is valid.

Official Contest Rules

All entries must be posted by Thursday at 11:59pm PACIFIC TIME, submissions after this time will not be included.

1 submission per member, per contest. Once you post your picture, you can not replace it. You can not re-use the same entry in multiple contests.

Pictures can be taken with any type of camera (film or digital)

Pictures can not be altered in any way, except to adjust size, crop, or add your own personal watermark. This is a photography contest, not a photo-editing contest.

Please resize pictures to be no larger than 700x525

Please do not attach the photo to your post. Upload it to the WDWMagic photo album, or your own personal site and link the photo. If you use your own site, you are responsible to ensure the photo is viewable at all times (and not subject to bandwidth limitations).

Pictures can be taken at any time for any contest (if you visited in April of 2002, you can use those pictures for any contest that interests you).

Pictures must be taken by the member submitting the entry, and not by a family member or by a cast member.

Voting will begin within a day or two of the contest's end.

No breaking of park rules or common etiquette to take your pictures. (no accessing restricted areas, no flash photography on attractions which do not allow it....stuff like that)

Tramp

Thank YOU, Speck, for all the time and effort you've put into this fun project. You will be sorely missed! You've been a terrific host and moderator of the contest and will be hard to replace.

I wish you all the best in your career move.

Three cheers for Speck:
yourock.gif

Hip, Hip, Hooray!
Hip, Hip, Hooray!
Hip, Hip, Hooray!

Thanks again!

tigsmom

Tramp said:
Thank YOU, Speck, for all the time and effort you've put into this fun project. You will be sorely missed! You've been a terrific host and moderator of the contest and will be hard to replace.

Three cheers for Speck:
yourock.gif

Hip, Hip, Hooray!
Hip, Hip, Hooray!
Hip, Hip, Hooray!

Thanks again!

I'll second that! Brad you have done a great job, Thanks!! :kiss:

Hip, Hip, Hooray!
Hip, Hip, Hooray!
Hip, Hip, Hooray!

stranger

You have done a great job with the photo contests and thanks for bringing in something fun for us all to enjoy whether by participating or just taking in the wonderful pictures. :)

Computer Magic

I totally agree.

1. The contest has made me want to produce better pictures.
  2. I would go to WDW thinking what I needed for the contest.
  3. I have enjoyed and learned from others posting their pictures.
  4. I have been able to enjoy the parks through others people perceptives.
What you brought was dedication, consistency and fairness to the contest. We knew every week, you had the next photo posted and polls ready.

I hope if someone decides to take over they realize it's not an easy job. They can be be successful if they have the same passion you had.

Good luck with you career, but don't let if drive you too far from life. :wave:

Disnut

Thanks Speck> I really have enjoyed looking and voting for the pictures. I never did enter any but I really did enjoy them. I hope whoever takes over (if anyone does) I hope they will be as good as you where. Thanks and I hope you enjoy your new career change.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Uummmm... Pictures?

I don't have any, but this is the longest I've seen a picture contest go without anyone actually posting a picture for the contest. :hammer: :lol:

While I'm here, I'll mention that I too appreciate the effort in running the contests as well :sohappy:

LouDisney

Tramp said:

Three cheers for Speck:
yourock.gif

Hip, Hip, Hooray!
Hip, Hip, Hooray!
Hip, Hip, Hooray!

Thanks again!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Thanks Speck :)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Thanks Speck for all your work. :wave:

I've really enjoyed the photos and the contests.

Some of the photos here are better than some of the "official" photos.(Definitely more original!)

Thanks again.

speck76

Original Poster
Thanks everybody!

I really enjoyed running the contests, and seeing everybodys pictures. I have had someone PM me, and she will be running the contests.

TheOneVader

Laura22 said:
Thanks for all the hard work, Brad! :)

I'll post an entry.

BTW - what is that "bluish" thing up in the window in my pic?

47374988-L.jpg

It's the Laser Room for IllumiNations. I always look up there when I'm at the American Adventure at 8:00-ish.

nibblesandbits

speck76 said:
Thanks everybody!

I really enjoyed running the contests, and seeing everybodys pictures. I have had someone PM me, and she will be running the contests.
Yeah...just so you know, I am planning on continuing the contests. I think they are wonderful and don't want them to be stopped. I am still working something out, so it might be a week before I can get one up and running, but look for the contests to continue in the future! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom