***official Monorail Model Thread***

theTank524

Just started my collection back in August 2005. So far I have Monorail Gold and the Disney Resort sign pack (Includes: Contemporary, G.Floridian, Polynesian, a Disney road sign, and Walt Disney World Main Gate sign)

I Love collecting these things even if I have to buy an extra suitcase:brick:.

Next purchase will either be MK castle, SSE, Contemporary, or another Monorail (if a different color)

jdlilfan

The Gold Monorail toy was just recently retired and WDW guest merchandise services is sold out. Monorail blue is the newest at a cost of $70 @ the parks. Price increased due to the new features. The new features include see thru windows in the three "cabin cars", those cars also open in the top to allow 8 disney characters (which are now included in the set) to be placed inside. All the other features of the monorail toy are still intact (lights and sounds).

Horizons1

jdlilfan said:
The Gold Monorail toy was just recently retired and WDW guest merchandise services is sold out. Monorail blue is the newest at a cost of $70 @ the parks. Price increased due to the new features. The new features include see thru windows in the three "cabin cars", those cars also open in the top to allow 8 disney characters (which are now included in the set) to be placed inside. All the other features of the monorail toy are still intact (lights and sounds).

Sounds like I need to head up soon to get me my Monorail gold.

The new ones sound cool though, I have been waiting for blue forever.

Heading down in Sept (see sig.) Im probably going to pick up either SSe, MK, or the TTC. But now with the new blue monorail, Im not sure.

Speaking of Monorail Blue, how does it look I havent seen any pictures yet. And, does anyone here have one, does it operate well?

Thanks
-iT!

yensidtlaw1969

I just bought the new monorail from World of Disney in NYC a couple weeks ago. It runs just as well as the others (thats a good thing) and it looks nice too. I just took some pictures of it for you. You can see them here:

http://yensidtlaw1969.tripod.com/sitename/id32.html

The windsheild and windows on the nose cars are painted like they always have been, but now they are gray. The 3 "passenger cars" have clear windows with a gray tint to them. Each car has 4 doors; 2 on each side. They open on hinges as you can see in the second picture. Each passenger car also opens up on top so you can place the characters on the little pegs in the seats for them to sit on (as you can see, I took great care to make sure they sat perfectly in the cars :hammer: ).

All in all, I'd say it was worth the price.

Yensid "By the way, the price in $70" tlaw1969

I just bought the new monorail from World of Disney in NYC a couple weeks ago. It runs just as well as the others (thats a good thing) and it looks nice too. I just took some pictures of it for you. You can see them here:

http://yensidtlaw1969.tripod.com/sitename/id32.html

The windsheild and windows on the nose cars are painted like they always have been, but now they are gray. The 3 "passenger cars" have clear windows with a gray tint to them. Each car has 4 doors; 2 on each side. They open on hinges as you can see in the second picture. Each passenger car also opens up on top so you can place the characters on the little pegs in the seats for them to sit on (as you can see, I took great care to make sure they sat perfectly in the cars :hammer: ).

All in all, I'd say it was worth the price.

Yensid "By the way, the price in $70" tlaw1969

Some more pictures of the new Blue Monorail:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4675/dsc028806ko.jpg

Also, I thought these were really cool: Die Cast replicas of Walt Disney World Buses. It includes the standard Disney Transport Bus, Disney Cruise Line Bus, and Disney's Magical Express Bus.

http://www.laughingplacestore.com/Product-8707.asp

Thanks Guys, MRBlue looks really nice. So do the buses.

~iT!~

corlando52

Monorail on the way...Dumbo here!

I just got my Dumbo ride from ebay and I am really happy with it. What a beauty. I can't believe they stopped making it! Now I just need the Mad Tea Party Ride, the Astro Orbiter and the connections and I'll be all set. I ordered the actual Monorail from WDW and am waiting (patiently??) for it. When I spoke to the rep, she hinted that they are coming out with all new pieces for the Monorail. I hope she's right!
Meanwhile, if anyone knows where I can get the other pieces, I would appreciate it! Just let me know.

Thanks!
Chris
corlando52@att.net

head mouse

Tomorrowlandfan

Does anybody know a site (excluding Ebay) where I could purchase the retired monorail playsets like Space mountain, astro orbiter, dumbo? I wouldn't mind buying them if they are opened just as long as all the contents are there.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
So glad to stumble upon this thread. :sohappy:

I have not set up my monorail since we moved. Looking forward to reading through here to maybe get some ideas on how to set up in my new house.

dismedic

uno rail

If your talking about the motorized versions they come in Blue, Yellow, Black, Red, Purple and Gold.

The dicast come in Green, Yellow, Purple, Red, Yellow , Orange, Silver, Black and Blue

PM me if you would like any dicast I might have extra of

aeromike

I'm going to florida in september, and I am wondering if there is anything new for the monorail set, as I spike to a CM last year and he said they'll be bringing more stuff in 2007, plus is there any shop besides ebay or laughing place where I csn buy discontinued sets like the Grand Floridian and the Poylynesian? I'm gonna get the new monorail, I really want the resorts though

dismedic

Nothing new except monorail blue motorized but that has been out for a while , you may be able to find GF or contemporary in the stores but the GF is far found the contemporary is more prevalent. Ebay is about your only hope for most of the discontinued items such as Haunted mansion, Space Mountain, GF although I have seen poly models in DTD stores our last rip in June.The sign collections and Tree of life are still widely available like wise space ship earth.

CMs have also told me this about new items but the only has been the blue monorail this year. Hoping for more

I know the space mountain is like gold unfortunately I had to ebay for mine in excess of $100 on the bid .

Good luck on your collection

Wbnemo1

I've heard if all goes well, there may soon be an HO 1:87 scale electric monorail set available...who knows :) I recently happened on a stroke of good fortune and found a zz scale(1:300) battery operated train set on ebay, i'm going to make a little Z scale mk6 and MK 1 body for it and a new rail system/layout for it to run on. I'll show pics when it's finished next to a coin of some sort.
Best,
Will
Ps. these monos are cool, But I missinterpided the thread title, thinking it was talking about "model", models, not the toy. Myself and Rich did the patterns for the MK1 Disneyland diecast replica that was released for the 50th anniversary of the park by Disney through Master Replicas.

dismedic

Just ordered the new green strip monorail can not wait to add it to the fleet. guest services was very helpful in obtaining and getting it shipped home Kudos to them

Wbnemo1

Howdy,
well looks like I had to move up a scale to NN3 of the Mk4( WDW's first monorail(ran between 71-89) which is N scale narrow gauge I understand...meanning N scale running on Z scale track..hoping to have all details encoperated into this miniature...Tocpe(I believe a member here) did the 3d model for this build and Bob Gurr, designer of original mk1-mk4 said it was perfect...kudos to Tcope. I hope to show ya pics when I'm further along...about Monday or so....
Best,
Will

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom