Notable Maintenance Required Free for All

Monoblanco13

Original Poster
I have just read that the Projectors within the Great Movie Ride have been Upgraded to Digital for the TCM changes coming. Also the Sound has been improved as well, these changes apply to the pre-show and the finale.

mergatroid

I believe security need to start 'tasering' breastfeeding women. Apparently you can't move in the parks for topless women nowadays preparing to feed little Jimmy.

There's an annoying announcement at the entrance to SM and they added the annoying momentum brakes. But yes not the point of thread lol.

Anywho, my last trip the gangster car in Movie Ride didn't come out. Been a few months though.

Adam N

My biggest pet peeve is all the burned out lightbulbs at the Boardwalk on the signs. Like. Ugh. That's the one that really irks me. Hence why I prefer to visit during the day.

raven

Chipped or faded paint I can live with. That doesn't effect attractions special effects.

DAK seems to be putting all of their eggs (aka $$$) into Avatar. I've accepted Everest for what it's become because I know the reason for the Yeti not working and know how much effort and downtime it will take to fix it (and expect that to be done after Avatar opens), but I cannot accept the lost effects on Dinosaur anymore. There are so many that have simply been turned off. There's no replacement for these effects and they simply look out of place now, a light turns on and nothing happens. And while the storyline has changed on the safari, I miss the old effects at the end as well.

Being a theatrical lighting and special effects designer myself, I tend to notice these things a little more than the average guest. I don't want to completely blame it on money but just lack of care or inspection on a daily basis. I persistently watched the status of a single light fixture that was out in the Haunted Mansion's graveyard scene. I'm happy to say that recently the fixture has been fixed after 5 years of being MIA. Not a real noticeable one but I looked for it on every ride. And, by the way, I'm glad the bicycle ghosts are still being seen after a couple of years being in the dark as well.

My worry is that the "B-Mode" for some attractions have now become the "A-Mode." But what happens to attractions that are highly dependent on special effects and they don't work? What will happen if the very important effects in Enchanted Tales with Belle stop working for example?

Cesar R M

I once saw a bit of chipped paint on a trash can. It ruined my vacation.
Kl6TiBM.jpg

Prog

I just joined the site on my first WDW vacation since 2008, but I didn't see anything obviously wrong with it, aside from the vehicles smelling like wet and a significant amount of downtime one morning.

Cesar R M

It seems perfectly fine to me. But others say it's in terrible disrepair...
could have been an on and off thing.
For example, in my trip last september.. the first day was perfect for all the attractions I visited, but once the president's weekend started.. there were failures everywhere. like Mansion going down 3 times in a row while we were waiting to board.

SpaceMountain75

could have been an on and off thing.
For example, in my trip last september.. the first day was perfect for all the attractions I visited, but once the president's weekend started.. there were failures everywhere. like Mansion going down 3 times in a row while we were waiting to board.
Yeah I was there in September too, and everything was great. Maybe it's just being over-worked from all the Spring Break madness of the past few weeks.

raven

Yeah I was there in September too, and everything was great. Maybe it's just being over-worked from all the Spring Break madness of the past few weeks.

That shouldn't make any difference. The parks are open 365 days a year and no matter what crowd capacity they have, all attractions were designed to run 100% all year from open until close. It's most likely just a slack in maintenance once again. $30/hour and nightshift maintenance still sleeps most of the night due to poor leadership.

SpaceMountain75

That shouldn't make any difference. The parks are open 365 days a year and no matter what crowd capacity they have, all attractions were designed to run 100% all year from open until close. It's most likely just a slack in maintenance once again. $30/hour and nightshift maintenance still sleeps most of the night due to poor leadership.
Hmm, bummer. Thanks for the insight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom