Not So Scarey Haloween Party

pixiegal

DisneyJoey said:
I was told the complete opposite. I've never heard of a Disney event where they'll let you into the park w/o having purchased park tickets.

I'm sure others here are more experts. All I know is two years ago the first time we went we bought tickets to MNSSHP and our 7 day passes didn't get used until the following day. We didn't use our park tickets Until Monday and we went to the party on Sunday. This year we plan on being at MK from about 11 or so on into the night so we will be using our trip passes to get into the park earlier than 4-5 pm.

*shrug*

CSUFSteve

Interesting about the early entry. I've always already been in the Park prior to the event start time so haven't witnessed this. I did notice that after Park closing and before event starting, CM's have blocked entrance to the lands but people were allowed to mill on Main St.

I really enjoyed the event but my primary goal was to see MK's infamous "perimeter" fireworks. I wasn't disappointed. And I was impressed with all the decorations. The Haunted River Boat Cruise was a disappoint for me, but I wasn't with kids so maybe it would have been more enjoyable to see a kid's reaction. And the lighting on Mansion was pretty cool that night. The Headless Horseman was different and I was pleasantly surprised by the parade. I LOVED the Haunted Mansion segment.

I understand that this year Wishes will be themed for the MNSSHP nights?? When I was there in '04 it was still Fantasy in the Sky with Halloween tag.

If anyone is on MySpace, I have video up of some of the park deocrations, the Mansion, and the parade. surgeicalprod is my MySpace name. I haven't converted those vids over to my regular website yet.

shoppingnut

The fireworks for the party are Hallowishes and they were great when I saw them last year. We sat right up front by the castle and they did lots of projections onto the castle with halloween lighting and the story is great.

MissM

If you want to go to MK during the day - like from opening until close - then yes, you DO need a regular admission for the day.

HOWEVER, if you are just going to the Party, you can use your party ticket to enter the park after 4pm. They let party guests in a little early to help diffuse the traffic flow and to give party guests a chance to eat and ride a few rides before the party starts.

Either way, you will still pay for parking, FYI.
-m

daverube

Our first night at Disney this year (for our short Honeymooon) is Oct. 31....

I assume that the crowds are more ridiculous on Halloween night....can anyone confirm?? In addition, would it be worth going to the MK party even if the crowds are out of control?

FWIW - Epcot has extra magic hours on Halloween...we usually eat a super late dinner at Chefs de France on the late Epcot night and intend to do the same, unless the MK party is worth attending...

Thanks,

dave

pixiegal

MissM said:
If you want to go to MK during the day - like from opening until close - then yes, you DO need a regular admission for the day.

HOWEVER, if you are just going to the Party, you can use your party ticket to enter the park after 4pm. They let party guests in a little early to help diffuse the traffic flow and to give party guests a chance to eat and ride a few rides before the party starts.

Either way, you will still pay for parking, FYI.
-m

Yes, last year when we went for the early part of the day we had to find a queue that had people punching our MNSSHP tickets and handing out wristbands. As long as you had those on then you weren't ushered out of the park at the official "regular hours" closing time. The year before when we just used our event tickets, we got the wristbands at the entrance and then went to the designated area when they were closing off the park to get our costumes on.

Fun! Fun! Fun! We can't wait!

MissM

It's a set number of people no matter what night you go. Just on sold out nights - like Halloween - you're at the max of the number of tickets. Though I don't find it too many. At least not 2 years ago for MVMCP or Halloween night last year. It's a good size of people but not packed at all. There's more then enough room and time to do and see things and the waits aren't very long at all. (It's not where near a normal sell-out day. You're not looking at New Year's traffic or anything. It's like a good sized day crowd, but definitely on the managable side. You never feel overly squished.)

They gave us wristbands last year when we came in to MNSSHP. One of the turnstyles was dedicated for party guests and they gave them to us there. Around 6pm, they started checking people's tickets and if they had wristbands and moving those who did into Liberty Square and Frontierland. They were quite on top of checking the wristbands. Several CM's asked us to show them our wrists as we made our way in that area.
-m

shoppingnut

Each party has for sale about 25,000 tickets, not all parties sell out thus making it less crowded. On an average day in MK there are about 40,000, when very busy about 60,000 and at max about 80,000. These are approximate numbers since disney doesn't release actual numbers, but should give you a sense.

masterv

Big-Bad-Dave said:
Is this worth $30 a piece for two adults? My wife and I will be there on opening day 9-15 and I am toying with attending it. Is it really just for kids?

Honestly, I believe only YOU can make that judgment call for yourself. I've never been and although I felt the event was quite pricey, I decided to spend the money and go this year just the same. (October 23rd baby!!) I'd like to experience it at least one time in my life. :D

shari71

We have gone in the past and absolutely recommend it. One thing I noticed while looking at hours is that they don't close down now from 6-7. Official hours on the www.disneyworld.com site show they are staying open until 7 with the party opening at 7. I so loved the hour we got to ride rides while they were decorating and ushering everyone out. Guess that is gone this year.

We have tickets for a night in late September. It's the first time for us at this event. We're doing the backstage magic tour that day too (most of the adults in our party) and I'm wondering if it will be too much for one day? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

HokieDevil

I went last year and I loved everyminute of it. From the moment you enter the park it is amazing. They do a great job. The fireworks show, Hallowishes, (which they should sell on a CD) freakin' sweet. Not to be out done the parade is great. I am not a parade person but I will admit this is not one to be missed, plus they hand out candy while you wait. I went with my 2 friends, both older than myself, and we had a blast. BTW they did this last year so hopefully they will this year, make sure you stop by liberty square and get your free picture. All in all I now want all my trips to WDW to coincide with this event. :sohappy:

MMP

The parade itself is more than worth it, one of the best Disney parades I've ever seen. And seeing the characters in their costumes is amazing, Pooh as a bumble bee, Chip'n'Dale in cowboy outfits, I loved the whole thing.

goofyfamily

We went last year with 2 kids but I would say it is for anyone. I would advise not going to any other park that day also. They will let you in after 4 if you aren't all ready in the park and they close the park at 6 and at this time any one who is staying for the MNSSHP wil have a wrist band and they shuffle you to a section of the park we were able to ride a few rides such as Big Thunder Mountain. It rained the night we were there so we missed the Headless Horseman but make sure you get your free picture and enjoy. Hallowishes was the best and I loved the parade the Haunted Mansion Float and dancers are the best.

minnie2000

We also went last year with 2 kids. We made the mistake of spending a few hours in Blizzard Beach, going back to the hotel, and then going to the Halloween party. The kids loved the party, and the dressing up, but were exhausted by 9, so we left just after the fireworks. If I did it again, I would make sure we had a really restful day first!

shari71

goofyfamily said:
They will let you in after 4 if you aren't all ready in the park and they close the park at 6 and at this time any one who is staying for the MNSSHP wil have a wrist band and they shuffle you to a section of the park we were able to ride a few rides such as Big Thunder Mountain.

If you go to www.disneyworld.com and check out the times, they are now not closing at 6 to get ready for the party but now at 7 - when the party begins.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
OhioDisneyLover said:
We have tickets for a night in late September. It's the first time for us at this event. We're doing the backstage magic tour that day too (most of the adults in our party) and I'm wondering if it will be too much for one day? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

You should be fine. Backstage Magic will end mid afternoon, then you have plenty of time to head back to your resort for a break, freshen up then head back to MNSSHP. Backstage Magic is great, and you will have opportunities to ask questions that wouldn't normally be asked of CM's (or answered), so in this case, you might get some inside information on the making of the Halloween party.

Enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom