Not So Scarey Haloween Party

Disney4Lif

I absolutely recommend it. I took my three kids last year, and we had a blast!!! You can see the whole park in far less time. It's a wonderful experience that should at least be seen once.:p

magic minnie

What, generally, is the timing of this? We are definitely planning to go to Illuminations that night too, but when does the MNSSHP parade usually start, and when do the Hallowishes fireworks start? I want to see if it's worth it to do this too. Thanks!

MissM

magic minnie said:
What, generally, is the timing of this? We are definitely planning to go to Illuminations that night too, but when does the MNSSHP parade usually start, and when do the Hallowishes fireworks start? I want to see if it's worth it to do this too. Thanks!
Last year the Boo To You parade was at 8pm and 10pm. Happy HalloWishes was at 9:15pm. They also showed Cinderellabration at 7:25pm and 8:40pm.

(I have my park map from Halloween night last year in case you're wondering. No, I didn't remember those exact times off the top of my head. :lol: )
-m

danpam1024

we were able to get in @ 4p last year. You get a wristband, so @ 6:30 -7p when everyone's leaving, you get hearded to Frontierland until the "party" starts. Worth every penny. Hallowishes is truly amazing!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
magic minnie said:

There isn't any way to do both things on the same night, Illuminations is at 9:00. Miss M provided you with the MNSSHP parade and fireworks times.

phillyfan77

Thanks for all the great info everyone!
We already have our hard tickets for MNSSHP for our trip in September, however, we're just starting to shop for our costumes. The Halloween stores at the malls are not open yet, so we'll have to look online to see what we can find.

MissM

... however, we're just starting to shop for our costumes. The Halloween stores at the malls are not open yet, so we'll have to look online to see what we can find.
I was just in a couple party stores locally yesterday and they all had their halloween costumes out already and some accessories. The amazing thing? Most were around $10-15. Pre-season sale. Might be a place to check locally.
-m

phillyfan77

I was just in a couple party stores locally yesterday and they all had their halloween costumes out already and some accessories. The amazing thing? Most were around $10-15. Pre-season sale. Might be a place to check locally.
-m

Thanks, I'll start checking around tomorrow!
I guess it is time for the stores to start putting out the Halloween stuff. Then September we'll see the Thanksgiving stuff, and October the Xmas stuff!:xmas:

JEDIsney

As of now, we're in the process of deciding if we want to get tickets for this year's Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

I was just wondering, is it highly recommended that we dress up in costumes? It will be me, another 17 year old, and her two parents.

We really don't feel like dressing up, but I don't want to stand out too much in a negative way. Will I be frowned upon if I don't wear a costume?

Scooter

As of now, we're in the process of deciding if we want to get tickets for this year's Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

I was just wondering, is it highly recommended that we dress up in costumes? It will be me, another 17 year old, and her two parents.

We really don't feel like dressing up, but I don't want to stand out too much in a negative way. Will I be frowned upon if I don't wear a costume?

No...costumes are optional.
When I went to my first MNSSHP I didn't wear a costume bu I did feel kind of out of place because so many people did wear costumes.
So the second time I went, I just bought a T-shirt at my local Target that was orange and had a pumpkin on it. It made me feel a little better about fitting in with the crowds and I got some nice comments on it.
I hope this helps.

JEDIsney

No...costumes are optional.
When I went to my first MNSSHP I didn't wear a costume bu I did feel kind of out of place because so many people did wear costumes.
So the second time I went, I just bought a T-shirt at my local Target that was orange and had a pumpkin on it. It made me feel a little better about fitting in with the crowds and I got some nice comments on it.
I hope this helps.
I knew costumes were optional, but I didn't know if I should probably wear one or not anyway.
I assumed that I would feel left out. Since we're making t-shirts for every day we're there, I'll probably just make another one with a Halloween theme to it, maybe with the villains or something. Maybe something with the Maleficent, or something from the Adventures of Ichabod (and Mr. Toad), preferably the Headless Horseman. That might draw some nice comments.
Thanks for the feedback, it did help! :wave:

AMartin767

Hi JEDIsney. My wife and I will be going to MNSSHP on Halloween along with some friends (both couples are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversaries together with a Disney trip) this year and we are planning on making T-shirts also! I would be very interested to see the design ideas that you have if your willing to share them? We felt this would be a great alternative to actually fussing with a costume.:)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Thanks for all the great info everyone!
We already have our hard tickets for MNSSHP for our trip in September, however, we're just starting to shop for our costumes. The Halloween stores at the malls are not open yet, so we'll have to look online to see what we can find.

One word of caution....think cool.
Last time we were there in early October and it was 80 and humid in the evening. A family got on the monorail and looked adorable...mom was a comfortable Minnie, the one child was tigger and the baby was eeyore. Dad was a great big Pooh. Well, that poor guy was pouring sweat just getting on the monorail from GF...he had to be very uncomfortable in the park.

So I would suggest a fairly light costume so that you can remain comfortable. If you are looking for standard fare, Party City should have some stuff out already.

Edit: If I were to put money on it, I would say there will be a whole bunch of pirates this season. Earring, bandana, plastic sword and you're set (oh, probably a bit of mascara)
Remember the two rules are that you are not supposed to look too much like a character in the parks (there is leeway there) but you definitely can't wear a mask covering your face.

JEDIsney

Hi JEDIsney. My wife and I will be going to MNSSHP on Halloween along with some friends (both couples are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversaries together with a Disney trip) this year and we are planning on making T-shirts also! I would be very interested to see the design ideas that you have if your willing to share them? We felt this would be a great alternative to actually fussing with a costume.:)
I'd love to share my t-shirt ideas with you!
I have a few pictures of the ones I made for my past trip in June. I'll just upload them and stick them here in a post. I'm still thinking of something clever for a Halloween t-shirt, so I'll let you know about that when I come up with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom