Not Good News for WDW

jt04

You know what, I used to like visiting these boards to read news, rumors and gossip. But now it's just depressing. I don't speak much in these conversations. I just spectate. But these past couple of months have depressed me. All I hear is doom and gloom. And sometimes even Armageddon. :(

Really, if the current posts keep going this direction I'm gonna stop coming here. Cause it's just depressing me and making me feel like I don't love Disney or want to go to WDW anymore. And I don't want to hate Disney. You may say that you all only speak the truth and tell what is happening whether you like it or not... but ignorance is bliss...

"Illegitimi non carborundum"

My advice, just pick your threads carefully. There is plenty of great news out there.:D

CaptainMichael

I won't go through the list, try reading a thread not heavily written in by 74 and enigma to get the un-cynical stuff.

You mean American Idol, finishing an incomplete SSE rehab that started 2 years ago, and a Space Mountain refurb with a super slashed budget? Let's celebrate:sohappy:

RedDeath

Can anyone name anything really really good that has actually been confirmed and we know will happen? :confused:

Cookie for anyone who can... :D

CaptainMichael

Can anyone name anything really really good that has actually been confirmed and we know will happen? :confused:

Cookie for anyone who can... :D

I'll up that wager to 10 cookies.

Edit: Since you didn't specify where...
Universal:
Rip It Ride It Rockit
Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Disney's California Adventure:
1 Billion Dollar Refurb/Expansion

jt04

You mean American Idol, finishing an incomplete SSE rehab that started 2 years ago, and a Space Mountain refurb with a super slashed budget? Let's celebrate:sohappy:

AI is strong in reviews despite the false claims of Yee and others, SM is getting a refurb far beyond what the cynics were claiming, work contiues on MI, new show for Stitch in TL (and the implications that has for SGE). The closing of CMM continues (and the implications of that).

Imagineering has it's hands full with DCA and the new park, which the cynics claimed was a "train wreck", but rather is on the way.

WDW will get it's upgrades and additions soon enough.:sohappy:

RedDeath

I'll up that wager to 10 cookies.

Edit: Since you didn't specify where...
Universal:
Rip It Ride It Rockit
Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Disney's California Adventure:
1 Billion Dollar Refurb/Expansion

I'll be honest. Universal is looking better each minute for my next Pilgrimage to Florida.

CaptainMichael

AI is strong in reviews despite the false claims of Yee and others, SM is getting a refurb far beyond what the cynics were claiming, work contiues on MI, new show for Stitch in TL (and the implications that has for SGE). The closing of CMM continues (and the implications of that).

Imagineering has it's hands full with DCA and the new park, which the cynics claimed was a "train wreck", but rather is on the way.

WDW will get it's upgrades and additions soon enough.:sohappy:

It's been the same song and dance since Everest opened 3 years ago. I guess I got spoiled with how amazing things were when I first joined in 2003. Everest had just been announced, then the HCoE and what that brought with it), and lastly 20K Lagoon had just been closed and Bald Mountain rumors were intriguing...now, all we have is hope that things will be better, and some of us are losing that.

Out of everything you said, the only thing that may be remotely good news is CMM closing, but that may turn out just to be budget cuts in the end...

My optimism with Disney died on September 27, 2008.

jt04

It's been the same song and dance since Everest opened 3 years ago. I guess I got spoiled with how amazing things were when I first joined in 2003. Everest had just been announced, then the HCoE and what that brought with it), and lastly 20K Lagoon had just been closed and Bald Mountain rumors were intriguing...now, all we have is hope that things will be better, and some of us are losing that.

Out of everything you said, the only thing that may be remotely good news is CMM closing, but that may turn out just to be budget cuts in the end...

My optimism with Disney died on September 27, 2008.

Yeah, I never would have guessed the cynacism on this board is related to the AC closing. Never would have guessed :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would have used more sarcasm faces but we are limited.

lightboy

Wow, reading great posts.

Now my famous FOOD FOR THOUGHT:

Imagine if Disney still had ride tickets? Hmmm. Now before you back off shooting this down. Consider that BACK THEN, rides were a very, very important thing...because they were DIRECT revenue.

Now that rides are included with park admission...over a very SLOW span of time...rides have become less and less important. They break down more, they aren't rehab'ed as much, etc. Why? Because they don't generate direct revenue. So Disney almost pretends as if the rides are a BONUS for you for paying to get into their park.

No longer does a certain ride's category become recognized and funded by the amount of tickets sold to get on it.

Same with Entertainment. Indirect revenue. But a different ballgame.

So what you're really doing is paying $70+ to get a chance to EXPERIENCE the same merchandise over and over, the same crappy, generic hamburger, DVC huts all over, and the same $7/hr cast members faking a smile. With rides as a bonus, and something low on the totem pole.

Think about it.

Disneyson 1

Excuse me! Is this the Slash and Burn thread? All these WDW74/Enigma contributions look alike. Kinda like Walmarts :lookaroun

WIN. :sohappy:
As in you WIN the last leftover "Dream Ears".:eek:
Which is NOT WIN.:cry:
Although your post is WIN nonetheless.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom