Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahnamahna101

I guess im not being clear....EPCOT can handle crowds a lot better than MK due to size... EPCOT is hurting for something MK is not....
if you bring a frozen land to MK it makes crowds worse not better even if you expand the park
True... Epcot can handle 100,000-120,000 at the max, but the people-eaters there aren't appealing enough to draw in that many guests on a regular basis.

If a high capacity Frozen E-ticket/mini-land were added alongside a B&TB trackless dark ride, new dark ride to replace Princess Fairytale Hall, Wonderland mini-land, upgrades to PP and Pooh and a Bald Mountain/Villains mini-land, I doubt the crowds would be that bad. All of that would be enough to spread crowds out

With 2,500-3,000/hr capacity (if TDO were smart) and 13-15 other attractions in the area, a Frozen E-ticket would be just fine in MK.

Frozenstrom will have huge lines (120 min+) for the same reason the Anna and Elsa M&G, TSMM, Soarin' and the SDMT do - low capacity. Doubling the capacity on any of these would cut the lines considerably.

djkidkaz

Fireworks finale? That's pretty original.
image.jpg

Brad Bishop

You can see here. There is a pretty good gap between Mexico and the new building.

Frozen-Epcot-Norway2.jpg

This saddens me.

A whole (huge) building for a meet and greet. It's taking up space that could otherwise be used for another country pavilion.

I don't doubt that parents and kids will be lined up for the next 2 years while it's still popular. I just lament the idea that they'll built a building for a meet and greet but won't even consider a new country when they haven't had a new country since 1988 or so.

P_Radden

So its called Frozen Ever After. It's still going to be mediocre. It's still a shame to WS.

I gotta get this out...

It is so painful to sit here every day hoping for some exciting news out of WDW. We know they have the talent, creativity, money, IPs, you name it... But, instead of any new major attractions (less Pandora) or even substantial refurbishments to aging attractions (FW, MK), pavilions, parades etc, we get nothing but corporate greed!!! I wonder how it must feel for those who have devoted their entire careers to TDO or TDI, just to have to sit and watch as the current corporate regime destroy the very essence of what built WDW's success. Shotty maintenance is one thing. Letting parks dwindle and rot is another thing. And to add to it, nickel and diming projects like NFL is the only thing to expect for WDW. I fully expect Pandora Avartar Land to be the same. I expect to be disappointed by lackluster attractions even if wow'd by theming. We all know they are not aiming to hit the ball out of the park. Their goal is to make appear as if they did but on a minimal budget. And this is what we are getting with Frozen Ever After. They have other EMPTY attractions/buildings that could have gotten the Frozen treatment, but that would have cost too much. They could have done a completly new attraction for frozen, but that would have cost too much. Its all about the cheap route. Penny Pinching. But u know what the stock hasn't done squat in weeks. It's currently down over 1% today alone...

I'm so frustrated!!!!!! Sometimes I wish P&R would just sell off all of WDW to an organization that would actually care for it and invest in it. Similar to how the OLC operates, contract projects to WDI with decent budgets and make WDW live up to its heritage and potential!

imagineer boy

Holy cow. So many negative Nancy's in here. I enjoyed Maelstrom just like everyone else. I also enjoy change. (WHAT?!?!?) Yes I said it. My daughter is enamored with Frozen and we will ride this just like everyone else. And when I see the exuberant smile on her face when she sees Olaf and begins to sing Let it Go...my world will be complete. And that is all that matters. Can I still get the same food in Norway? Yes. Then I'm doubly happy.

We mostly enjoy change on here except when its sucky change like this.

Rose&Crowner

It's likely that the theatre and maybe the village area will be re-configured to accommodate a larger queue.

And could potentially be a newly reworked load/unload area instead of the two being seperate. That would allow for the old load area to be turned into the scene with Sven and Kristoff, then troll valley or whatever it's called... Maelstrom went immediately up the hill, Frozen needs a spot for a scene first... According to the description from the article...

UofMGuy423

How disappointing, why even refer to it as the Norway Pavilion anymore? With the crowds, increased prices, shuttered attractions and the Magic Band nonsense, I'm not regretting my decision to sticking with Disneyland for a while.

Mike S

I like this....Now bring the Ratatouille ride to the France pavilion. Inside Out for WoL. Some kind of UoE replacement...and Epcot will be in better shape.
That's the only one I would really be ok with since it seems so similar to Cranium Command. Also Nemo having some kind of presence in the Seas but the current ride there is pretty mediocre. Some people have said there are rumors of Good Dinosaur replacing UoE. If so, :banghead: That would be much better replacing Chester & Hester in AK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom