Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

Magenta Panther

Its been pretty clear for a while that the inside of the ride would be all Frozen.

Disney has imo done a GREAT job so far... After what I heard about the ride it will be pretty neat too. The new buildings are great replicas from Norwegian architecture, inside the cabin really looks Norwegian too.

I used to be strongly against and a big skeptic. I was even on the news in Norway arguing against this change to the pavilion, but Disney has proved they still really know how to do their stuff.

Well, they certainly proved that in Shanghai with the amazing Pirates ride and the delightful Peter Pan's Flight remake. It's nice to know that Disney still CAN build remarkable things when it wants to. I thought we'd seen the last of that with the Tower. I'm glad to be proven wrong. Now come on, Disney, bring more of that kind of magic stateside...

Daveeeeed

Crush was flawed when WDI bought the single load as opposed to duel load.

FEA is just flawed.
Very true, I think they chose Maurer Söhne instead of other companies which could have made multi cart vehicles that spin, because the current ones resemble a Turtle Shell very well. The Maurer Söhne vehicles paired with not having a duel loading station was just a setup for disastrous capacity. Crush's Coaster is great though, so I just hope Frozen Ever After will try its best to be a decent-enough d-ticket ride even though it is cursed to small spaces and a terrible capacity.

Soarin' Over Pgh

We checked out the M&G this afternoon. It was cute. What surprised me though is the air conditioned portion of the queue only holds about 15 minutes worth of people. And an additional 5 mins worth can fit in the partially shaded outdoor portion. If the line gets much longer than 20 mins I'm not sure where people will go.

View attachment 146930

Aww, look at how cute your little girl is. :inlove:

Interesting note about the A/C and line- how long did you guys wait to meet Anna/Elsa?

As far as Anna and Elsa que going outside, I think it will be fine except during peak season for two reasons. 1) No fast pass, 2) It is run just like Mickey in Town Square. Multiple rooms -- three to be exact. Both of these is going to greatly keep the wait time down. Fast pass / stand-by rules during a busy day are 15-25 fast pass guests per 5 stand by. Eliminating FP in addition to running three rooms is going to make that line fly. We waited in the que Friday and although the sign said 25 minutes, it was probably closer to 10, and when we began waiting we were in the shaded area outside. It is an extremely fast moving line. I am, however, worried about the Frozen Ever After que.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
No soft openings either today. Should be interesting tomorrow.
Operationally, they have a lot of experience with basically the same ride system when it was Maelstrom. So I don't see a lack of softs being a huge problem. Of course, that says nothing for show scenes etc. but at least getting guests through the building should not be a huge unknown.

Jeremy Geertsema

As far as Anna and Elsa que going outside, I think it will be fine except during peak season for two reasons. 1) No fast pass, 2) It is run just like Mickey in Town Square. Multiple rooms -- three to be exact. Both of these is going to greatly keep the wait time down. Fast pass / stand-by rules during a busy day are 15-25 fast pass guests per 5 stand by. Eliminating FP in addition to running three rooms is going to make that line fly. We waited in the que Friday and although the sign said 25 minutes, it was probably closer to 10, and when we began waiting we were in the shaded area outside. It is an extremely fast moving line. I am, however, worried about the Frozen Ever After que.
The whole outside queue really bothers me. It looks tacky and annoying. I don't think there has been a need for it yet, so hopefully it stays like that and they can remove it.

Laura

Premium Member
Aww, look at how cute your little girl is. :inlove:

Interesting note about the A/C and line- how long did you guys wait to meet Anna/Elsa?

Thanks!

According to the time stamps on my photos, we waited about 20-25 minutes (posted wait was 20 mins). The queue was nearly full when we entered so I don't think it can hold more than 25-30 mins of people.

We have a FP for the ride tomorrow evening.

clemmo

I'm hearing the Mexico pavilion will now open at 9am along with Norway.
That makes sense. I wonder if the attendance at the Mexico pavilion and ride go up because of FEA. I'd assume so as people with children who may otherwise never go to WS now walk by a ride with Donald in it and get curious

Daveeeeed

It will fill most of the "new courtyard", and then stream down toward Mexico. What I'm curious to see is where the overflow line for FEA will go...
Fea's line is now different with the theater gone so it's going to be interesting. It will probably start outside the pavilion on opening day.

Goofyernmost

I

It's gotta be tiring to be as cool as you...
Nope, I'm quite happy with myself the way I am and I don't care at all if someone else finds it a rewarding experience. Not tired at all. That said, it is a bit of a burden being this cool. Wait, perhaps that was supposed to be a thinly veiled insult. Nah, I am cool so how can that be insulting?

Last edited:

Jeremy Geertsema

It looks like they're testing the ride with some sort of cast members, maybe managers or something. Anyways, I saw this photo and it looks like people are upstairs, you can see in the windows of the yellow building and the church. Maybe they made more queue space upstairs?

ABQ

It looks like they're testing the ride with some sort of cast members, maybe managers or something. Anyways, I saw this photo and it looks like people are upstairs, you can see in the windows of the yellow building and the church. Maybe they made more queue space upstairs?
Not seeing a photo.

FigmentJedi

Saw this on Twitter
tumblr_o92zzyPp271sa3t1go1_540.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom