Non park dining must do's?

LeighM

Any opinions on Raglan Road at Disney Springs?

We ate at Raglan Road in October and really enjoyed it. We had a 5PM reservation so were able to get a table front and center of the stage where they have the Irish music and dancing. It was a fantastic experience. My husband enjoyed his fish and chips and I loved my chicken pot pie which was made fresh. Not the best choice when it felt like 100 degrees outside but it was still tasty LOL. The bread and butter bread pudding was an interesting twist to the traditional bread pudding. We would definitely go there again!

DABIGCHEEZ

For dinner buffets, I am going to say my best meal over the years was at Boma. For sit-down dinner for the whole family, I'll say either Whispering Canyon, Ohana or Olivia's.

For breakfast options...
Buffet- Cape May Cafe and for sit-down I'd go with Kona Cafe

But of course that was before we knew about the Golden Corral and Olive Garden out on 192... o_O

Last edited:

Otterhead

Any of the places at Animal Kingdom Lodge are excellent (Boma for buffet, Jiko for table service African cuisine, Sanaa for African/Indian food). Another vote for 'Ohana at Polynesian. Cítricos for Mediterranean-style American. Whispering Canyon for a raucous breakfast the kids would love.

Figgy1

Premium Member
For dinner buffets, I am going to say my best meal over the years was at Boma. For sit-down dinner for the whole family, I'll say either Whispering Canyon, Ohana or Olivia's.

For breakfast options...
Buffet- Cape May Cafe and for sit-down I'd go with Kona Cafe

But of course that was before we knew about the Golden Corral and Olive Garden out on 192... o_O
You had me right up until GC and OG:cautious:

NiarrNDisney

My must do list for out of Park dining:

__Disney Springs__

Homecoming Florida Kitchen
Morimoto Asia
Raglan Road

__Resorts__

Artist Point (WL)
California Grill (CR)
blueZoo (Dophin)
Flying Fish (BWR)
Kimonos (Swan)
Sanaa (AKL-KV)
Trattoria al Forno (BWR)
Wave (CR)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We went in October, the food was great and if don't mind waiting for the main dining room, the dancers and band are fantastic!

Bread pudding...I dream about the bread pudding. :hungry:

The wild mushroom risotto is very good. And so is the Not Bleedin' Chowder. Pair either with a customized beer flight, that bread pudding and I could die happy! While listening to some great Celtic music. :D

horizons82

Some non-park "must-dos" for me would include:

Sanaa (Favorite non-signature dining restaurant)
California Grill (Favorite overall "experience" with good food and fireworks viewing)
Boma (Favorite non-park buffet)
Morimoto Asia (Favorite Disney Springs restaurant)
Bluezoo (Favorite combo of food and atmosphere)

drwadadli

Any opinions on Raglan Road at Disney Springs?
My wife and I TOTALLY love Raglan Road even if we are in Orlando but not doing Disney. Like in a couple of weeks, we will be in Orlando for a week long conference and already plan to eat at Raglan Road at least once but would love to get in two. If not, we will do Boma another night.

But back to your question....It is one of the best Irish restaurants outside of Ireland. The music is great, the dancers are wonderful, the food is delicious, and then there is Guinness (nothing to say about that). We enjoyed 90% of the ideas on the menu through out the years and have NEVER been disappointment. Also, there is ONLY ONE dessert...............THE BREAD PUDDING (Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding)!!!!

larandtra

It really depends on what you are looking for as far as meals. Sit down, Quick Service, Buffet, lounge and breakfast lunch or dinner?
Ill use general family concensus here:
Breakfast: 1. Boma, 2. 1900 Park Fair..Reality is outside of the parks those are the only two I would go near and both are good.
Lunch/Dinner: Casual Sit down 1. Kona Cafe, 2. Beaches and Cream 3. Blaze, 4. DLuxe 5. Earl of Sandwich
Lunch/Dinner: More Upscale Sit down: 1. Sanaa, 2. Ragland Road, 3. Splitsville, 4. Narcoosees 5. Flying Fish
Also Lunch/Dinner Buffet..1. Boma, 2. Boma, 3. Boma See the trend.. Just kidding..Also Trails End has a good buffet and is rarely crowded.
Lounge: 1. Trader Sams, 2. Jock Lindseys 3. River Roost ( Just to see Bob), 4. Abracadabar, 5. Cookes of Dublin

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My wife and I TOTALLY love Raglan Road even if we are in Orlando but not doing Disney. Like in a couple of weeks, we will be in Orlando for a week long conference and already plan to eat at Raglan Road at least once but would love to get in two. If not, we will do Boma another night.

But back to your question....It is one of the best Irish restaurants outside of Ireland. The music is great, the dancers are wonderful, the food is delicious, and then there is Guinness (nothing to say about that). We enjoyed 90% of the ideas on the menu through out the years and have NEVER been disappointment. Also, there is ONLY ONE dessert...............THE BREAD PUDDING (Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding)!!!!

Not sure I'd call it one of the best outside of Ireland, but this is one reason why I go....

20170131_150322.png

ml123_9

Original Poster
I second this.
Or
Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Both are a lot of fun for kids, and adults!

We went to Whispering Canyon last year and absolutely loved it. I had to do the "teapot dance". We will be going back there in March and I can't wait for the skillet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom