Trip Report No Sounds Like Summer? We'll JOURNEY Anyway! *COMPLETED*

It was this week last summer that @TrolleyFollower91 and I had an epic girls trip to WDW.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...e-july-journey-completed.917246/#post-7369605

On our first day we rocked to the music of DSB ~ the ultimate Journey tribute band ~ at the America Gardens Theater in Epcot. It was an event we'll always remember. DSB was the final band in the annual "Sounds Like Summer" concert series. The lead singer said the band was looking forward to returning next summer.

IMG_1332.JPG

And here we are.....it's "next summer."

But there has been no "Sounds Like Summer" concert series in 2017. :(
No DSB. :arghh:

Don't. Stop. Believin'.

Em and I refuse to go our Separate Ways. We have too much fun together. We have one last chance to do WDW together before school starts and by golly we're gonna do it....even without DSB.

Want to tag along?

Attempting a full-fledged LIVE trip report is daunting and difficult, so I decided to follow @TheMouseFan's lead and be LIVE-ish. Real time pics and updates to be expanded on after my return home.

Oh, and I will finish my currently-in-progress trip report. :D

Who's ready for Summer #2?
IMG_3160.JPG

We are!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I believe Bass Pro Shop ~ er, the Wilderness Lodge ~ was the first DME drop-off. Many of you many know that WL is my FAVORITE resort to stay in during the holidays. For me the lodge just screams Christmas. I am excitedly anticipating another December stay.

What I didn't expect was falling in love with the resort in July.

Yet I did. Head over heels.

Perhaps it was because the majority of the construction (save for a few cabins) was finally done and the refurbishments completely exceeded my expectations. Perhaps it was because the resort didn't feel busy despite the opening of the new DVC side five days earlier. And our room? Perfection.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Welcome Home, Em!
IMG_9095.JPG

In December floors on the the south wing looked like this:
IMG_0071.JPG

In July....Voila!
IMG_9094.JPG

IMG_9097.JPG

You may recall my elevator rants from December....as in there was only ONE operational elevator for the entire lodge. (Gripes and snark may be found here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/another-jolly-holiday-joy-from-the-world-completed.923963/)

The elevators in the lobby were closed.
IMG_4753.JPG

Not today!
IMG_9096.JPG

Three, count 'em three.....and another one around the corner!

The other bank of elevators is on the lower level by Roaring Fork.
IMG_9100.JPG

In December one of these two elevators sported this lovely sign for our entire stay:
IMG_4759.JPG

Leaving a single elevator in the lodge for guests to use.

Today we had our choice of six elevators! (But no elevator cookies, @MinnieM123 :joyfull:)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I had booked a standard view room. During online check in I had requested near elevator and high floor. Our 5th floor room (WL has 7 floors, the top being club level) was right around the corner from the elevator.

IMG_9101.JPG

I do miss the bed runners.

IMG_9103.JPG

New larger size toiletries
IMG_9111.JPG

It makes me smile to shower with these guys (can you relate @Tony the Tigger?)
IMG_9112.JPG

Methinks this is not a standard view!
IMG_9104.JPG

(It isn't. We'd been upgraded to a courtyard view. WL seems to be the opposite of Southwest: cheap room = better view!)

IMG_9110.JPG

The walking path to the boat dock is on the far right.
IMG_9106.JPG

New outdoor tables for Roaring Fork
IMG_9105.JPG

Em is mesmerized by our view.
IMG_9108.JPG

IMG_9109.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Welcome back @myhappyplace, @Figaro Family, @LSV, @ajrwdwgirl and @PrincessL!

I have been patiently waiting. Glad you finally were able to get back to the trip report. I appreciate the time and effort. I barely have the time to follow a few of these great trip reports that are done here let alone do one myself. So many wonderful people sharing the magic we all love. So I make it a point to follow a few that I know occur on a semi regular basis.
Thanks for your patience! In the middle of planning my son's wedding so life has been pretty hectic.

I was getting worried and about to put out a @Tuvalu APB...
Didn't mean to worry you, @LadyBelle. :cat:

need2go2wdw

I'm so glad your "unabridged" report is underway!! I, like many others, were patiently awaiting the continuation! It's funny reading about the elevator situation now because on your hiatus, I went back to prior reports and I'm in the process of reading your December WL report...complete with elevator cookies and all!!! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom