Trip Report No Sounds Like Summer? We'll JOURNEY Anyway! *COMPLETED*

It was this week last summer that @TrolleyFollower91 and I had an epic girls trip to WDW.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...e-july-journey-completed.917246/#post-7369605

On our first day we rocked to the music of DSB ~ the ultimate Journey tribute band ~ at the America Gardens Theater in Epcot. It was an event we'll always remember. DSB was the final band in the annual "Sounds Like Summer" concert series. The lead singer said the band was looking forward to returning next summer.

IMG_1332.JPG

And here we are.....it's "next summer."

But there has been no "Sounds Like Summer" concert series in 2017. :(
No DSB. :arghh:

Don't. Stop. Believin'.

Em and I refuse to go our Separate Ways. We have too much fun together. We have one last chance to do WDW together before school starts and by golly we're gonna do it....even without DSB.

Want to tag along?

Attempting a full-fledged LIVE trip report is daunting and difficult, so I decided to follow @TheMouseFan's lead and be LIVE-ish. Real time pics and updates to be expanded on after my return home.

Oh, and I will finish my currently-in-progress trip report. :D

Who's ready for Summer #2?
IMG_3160.JPG

We are!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I never thought of it but Bass Pro Shops do look like WL! Like someone else said though - without all of the dead animals. I hate when my son and hubby drag me in those places, it is like a thousand dead accusing eyes staring at me. :( Great report, as always! Can't wait to read the full one.

Buckle-up .... here we go AGAIN!

Just finished reading last report and ready for another.
Hope to get started on the full details unabridged report soon! :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Kona has threatened to attack all the stuffed plush until I fill in the details from this July vacation, so I'd better get started!

IMG_9941.PNG

From the beginning.......the unabridged version. :p

Sunday, July 23

In a very real way, this trip is @Doc Disney's fault. It was early June and I was reading one of her (many ;)) trip reports where she mentioned having upcoming trips in July, August (2!) and November. I texted Em that Doc had four trips planned and this was her reply:

"I only have one more Disney trip to look forward to." (Our June vacation)

Cue the tears. And the tug on Mom's heartstrings.

I immediately logged on to the Passholder site and found an incredible rate for Wilderness Lodge. Doc has great success in scoring deals on resort rooms and I finally got some of her pixie dust! I booked the last week of Em's summer vacation. (Yes we southerners go back to school really early.)

We planned to drive down up until a few days before departure (when Woody decided he couldn't join us.) The weekly email from Southwest had landed in my inbox and on a lark I checked flights. Last minute cheap fares to Orlando? Yes, please!

Woody drove us to the airport at 8:45 am and we picked up wraps and bottled water to take on the plane for lunch. This ended up being a good decision since "due to weather conditions" Southwest did not offer beverage/snack service during our flight. It was sunny in both Atlanta and Orlando and we encountered no turbulence in the air. :cautious:

Coincidence that last minute cheap fare = no service? You decide.

Since Em loved Pandora so much in June it was only appropriate to snap this shot ~
IMG_9085.JPG

Too late to receive DME yellow tags so Em had to retrieve her suitcase from the baggage carousel.

IMG_9086.JPG

Apparently 1 pm on a Sunday is an excellent time to use Magical Express.
IMG_9088.JPG

IMG_9089.JPG

I got texted our room number while on the bus so our vacation was already off to a great start!

Figaro Family

Kona has threatened to attack all the stuffed plush until I fill in the details from this July vacation, so I'd better get started!

View attachment 228272

From the beginning.......the unabridged version. :p

Sunday, July 23

In a very real way, this trip is @Doc Disney's fault. It was early June and I was reading one of her (many ;)) trip reports where she mentioned having upcoming trips in July, August (2!) and November. I texted Em that Doc had four trips planned and this was her reply:

"I only have one more Disney trip to look forward to." (Our June vacation)

Cue the tears. And the tug on Mom's heartstrings.

I immediately logged on to the Passholder site and found an incredible rate for Wilderness Lodge. Doc has great success in scoring deals on resort rooms and I finally got some of her pixie dust! I booked the last week of Em's summer vacation. (Yes we southerners go back to school really early.)

We planned to drive down up until a few days before departure (when Woody decided he couldn't join us.) The weekly email from Southwest had landed in my inbox and on a lark I checked flights. Last minute cheap fares to Orlando? Yes, please!

Woody drove us to the airport at 8:45 am and we picked up wraps and bottled water to take on the plane for lunch. This ended up being a good decision since "due to weather conditions" Southwest did not offer beverage/snack service during our flight. It was sunny in both Atlanta and Orlando and we encountered no turbulence in the air. :cautious:

Coincidence that last minute cheap fare = no service? You decide.

Since Em loved Pandora so much in June it was only appropriate to snap this shot ~
View attachment 228273

Too late to receive DME yellow tags so Em had to retrieve her suitcase from the baggage carousel.

View attachment 228274

Apparently 1 pm on a Sunday is an excellent time to use Magical Express.
View attachment 228281

View attachment 228282

I got texted our room number while on the bus so our vacation was already off to a great start!
Way to go Kona!

Big Hair

I have been patiently waiting. Glad you finally were able to get back to the trip report. I appreciate the time and effort. I barely have the time to follow a few of these great trip reports that are done here let alone do one myself. So many wonderful people sharing the magic we all love. So I make it a point to follow a few that I know occur on a semi regular basis.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom