Nintendo World - IoA

Powerline

I've had the unfortunate honor of playing "New" Super Mario Brothers U. You're right that it caters to a casual market that's full of money, but I can't look NSMBU with the same look I gave Super Mario World.

Oh well, off to my gaming forums to continue the subject.

cheezbat

While the Nintendo games seem to do well, it's really only a handful of titles. It saddens me -a former Nintendo lover to see them get beat so badly by Playstation and Xbox...especially since they were number one for quite awhile. For the most part they survive because of nostalgia...kind of like some other company I know... ;)

TheMackMachine

I'm not sold on the whole "based on literature" bit.

Incidental, if you ask me, seeing as how Jurassic Park is clearly based on the Spielberg film, The Popeye area is based more on the Fleischer cartoon version than the Segar original, and Potter takes all its art direction from the movies, specifically Mike Newell's. Also, with respect to the Lost Continent, having read the Oresteia, the Iliad, and the Odyssey (and the Aeneid, for that matter), I'd love to know which work of classical mythology "Darkanon" appears in.

What we are left with is referring to The Cat in the Hat and The Amazing Spider-Man as "literature".
And that's pitiful.

Actually, the Jurassic Park area is based on the novel. Everything in IOA is based on some book or drawing.

Toon Lagoon lives forever!

WED99

Actually, the Jurassic Park area is based on the novel. Everything in IOA is based on some book or drawing.

Toon Lagoon lives forever!
That's what Uni might say but I highly doubt the books are the only thing they look at for inspiration. In JP area, the vehicles, discovery centre and River Ride sets look identical to the movie. Even Harry Potter looks identical to the films.

BryceM

That's what Uni might say but I highly doubt the books are the only thing they look at for inspiration. In JP area, the vehicles, discovery centre and River Ride sets look identical to the movie. Even Harry Potter looks identical to the films.
Can you imagine the anger from fans if they decided what Hogwarts and Hogsmeade looked like? Or Jurassic Park? It would be catastrophic. They have no choice but to stay true to the film's adaptation because that's what everyone knows and loves. And they do it very well if you ask me.

WED99

Can you imagine the anger from fans if they decided what Hogwarts and Hogsmeade looked like? Or Jurassic Park? It would be catastrophic. They have no choice but to stay true to the film's adaptation because that's what everyone knows and loves. And they do it very well if you ask me.
Agreed!

JT3000

Jurassic Park's aesthetic largely comes from the film adaptation, but it definitely takes its cues from the novel in terms of content. They could've gone with a jeep tour, but instead we have the River Adventure, which is only mentioned in the book.

WED99

Jurassic Park's aesthetic largely comes from the film adaptation, but it definitely takes its cues from the novel in terms of content. They could've gone with a jeep tour, but instead we have the River Adventure, which is only mentioned in the book.
So it gets inspiration from the novel, but is based on the film then.

Suchomimus

Here's my idea for a brand new Nintendo themed land at Islands of Adventure replacing Toon Lagoon. This wouldn't be a kiddy land, yet it won't be a big thrill land either but rather fun for any age attractions. Nintendo World would bring in a range of gamers that could be even bigger than Potterheads.

Attractions:1. Mario Kart - Race through the famous worlds of Super Mario in this Autopia/dark-ride attraction. (D-Ticket)
2. Pokémon: Gotta Catch 'Em All - Shooter ride (using Spiderman/Buzz Lightyear/Toy Story Mania technology) where all Pokémon are let loose, and it's up to you to shoot them and catch them again! (E-Ticket)
3. The Legend of Zelda - Outdoor family coaster with a thrill level of Big Thunder Mountain. (D-Ticket)

Dining:1. Untitled Kirby Restaurant - Quick-service restaurant themed to Kirby (since Kirby eats a lot)
2. The Seven Stars Restaurant - Restaurant like in Pokemon Diamond

Shopping:
1. PokéStore - Exit shop to Pokémon: Gotta Catch 'Em All selling Pokémon merchandise
2. Untitled Mario Shop - Exit shop to Mario Kart selling Mario merchandise
3. Nintendo Center - Store selling all Nintendo merchandise

Other Experiences:1. Yoshi Island Playzone - Playground for little kids themed to Yoshi, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi
2. Club Nintendo - Come inside and try upcoming and all Nintendo games
NBCUniversal or anybody mustn't put Nintendo in Islands of Adventure. Islands of Adventure's theme is based around movies and tv shows and books; most movies and tv shows are based on books. It would also be insulting to Nintendo to just use one IP when Nintendo has a large number of original IPs and made a game based around their franchises in the form of a theme park.

mvieguy

I think it would be cool as a new land, NOT replacing Toon Lagoon.
I think, they are better off, giving Marvel back to Disney, turning that area into the new Nintendo land. Spiderman can become Pokemon, gotta catch them all. Storm Force can be Super Smash Bros, Doom fearfall can be Donkey Kong. and Hulk can become Metriod

JT3000

attachment.php

I think, they are better off, giving Marvel back to Disney, turning that area into the new Nintendo land. Spiderman can become Pokemon, gotta catch them all. Storm Force can be Super Smash Bros, Doom fearfall can be Donkey Kong. and Hulk can become Metriod

Yeah, since NBC-Universal is a charity instead of a for-profit business, they should definitely just give away their ironclad rights to an insanely hot property and allow their competitor to take full advantage. Because it's the polite and sensible thing to do.

Last edited:

mvieguy

attachment.php

Yeah, since NBC-Universal is a charity instead of a for-profit business, they should definitely just give away their ironclad rights to an insanely hot property and allow their competitor to take full advantage. Because it's the polite and sensible thing to do.

well considering Marvel is a Disney property, they can choose and Cease and Assist on using the brand in the park. Sooner or later, the contract is going to expire. and then they are screwed. plus with Disney already making plans to put Guardians of the Galaxy in Epcot. which is a marvel property. however if you noticed. the marvel properties that are in the Universal parks are the ones that are currently being used by other sutdios. Dooms fearfall and Storm force, both at Fox with the Fantastic Four and X-men franchises. Spider-Man which is a Sony Franchise. and Hulk which Universal has first look rights to. which is why there has not been a stand alone Hulk movie since Disney purchased the rights. But, Disney can use. Thor, Iron man, Avengers (Minus Hulk and spidey) Ant-man, Guardians, Agents of Shield, Hyrda, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Captain America, Dr. Strange. etc etc. So. while yes is would be incredibly stupid for Universal to drop a hot commodity. sooner or later, Disney is going to start using the IPs they can from Marvel.

imperius

well considering Marvel is a Disney property, they can choose and Cease and Assist on using the brand in the park. Sooner or later, the contract is going to expire. and then they are screwed. plus with Disney already making plans to put Guardians of the Galaxy in Epcot. which is a marvel property. however if you noticed. the marvel properties that are in the Universal parks are the ones that are currently being used by other sutdios. Dooms fearfall and Storm force, both at Fox with the Fantastic Four and X-men franchises. Spider-Man which is a Sony Franchise. and Hulk which Universal has first look rights to. which is why there has not been a stand alone Hulk movie since Disney purchased the rights. But, Disney can use. Thor, Iron man, Avengers (Minus Hulk and spidey) Ant-man, Guardians, Agents of Shield, Hyrda, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Captain America, Dr. Strange. etc etc. So. while yes is would be incredibly stupid for Universal to drop a hot commodity. sooner or later, Disney is going to start using the IPs they can from Marvel.

Trying not to be rude here, but this is 100% incorrect. Disney can use none of that in their Florida parks and they can not issue a cease and desist to universal for anything. Universal owns theme park rights of the characters and that contract isn't going to run out any time soon. I would recommend looking up this information before hand.

SCOTLORR

*Cease and Assist :p

Not only is it not going to run out soon, they have rights in perpetuity. It will never expire.

If @mvieguy could just google search the contract, he can read the dozens upon dozens of articles that would educate him to the intricacies of it- no need for us to educate him.

Back to Nintendo World- no need to thread derail.
Perhaps this thread should be re-named? I think nintendo has been all but ruled out to be coming to IOA, and most of the nintendo properties are likely going to be held up for the third gate. Right now it seems the only nintendo title coming to the current parks is Mario/DK which is rumored for the studios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom