Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Mike S

I expect a sizzle reel of sorts just showcasing the thing, it's name, and probably a blink and you miss it game line up. But the real details and info (pricing, exact release date, in depth on the new games) saved for their q2 earnings meeting or later.
No game lineup. Rumors say we'll see the new Zelda running on it and that's it. A crazier rumor says that the trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2 will confirm it for NX after Nintendo's reveal.

Sped2424

Original Poster
No game lineup. Rumors say we'll see the new Zelda running on it and that's it. A crazier rumor says that the trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2 will confirm it for NX after Nintendo's reveal.
That's two games ;P but the rumor is 4 launch titles one being a Mario one. I am just excited to see what the ever loving F*** this thing is lol

JT3000

Call me cynical, but it's telling that I'm more excited for the RDR2 trailer than the reveal of another "new concept" from Nintendo...

Sped2424

Original Poster
Maybe, but I won't need an NX to play it, so that's hardly a selling point and would actually be a really weak thing for them to focus on as part of its reveal.
How would them focusing on launch titles be weak to the console's reveal. If anything that was where they blundered with the Wii u.especially when it came to 3rd party. And don't be so sure about not needing an nx to play it....Bayonetta 2 socked quite a few folk.

JT3000

How would them focusing on launch titles be weak to the console's reveal. If anything that was where they blundered with the Wii u.especially when it came to 3rd party.

Because we're mid-console generation. All serious console gamers already have at least one current gen console, so we aren't going to buy a new one for any reason but exclusive games or unique features. And even if someone were only concerned with sheer horsepower, they'd just wait for Scorpio, because I doubt this thing is beating it.

Yeah, third party support is important, but it's also expected and taken for granted. Nintendo hasn't had it simply because they've been an entire generation behind their competitors. In the end, exclusives are the actual selling point of any new platform.

And don't be so sure about not needing an nx to play it....Bayonetta 2 socked quite a few folk.

Huh? It's already confirmed for Xbox and PS4.

Mike S

How would them focusing on launch titles be weak to the console's reveal. If anything that was where they blundered with the Wii u.especially when it came to 3rd party. And don't be so sure about not needing an nx to play it....Bayonetta 2 socked quite a few folk.
The rumor is that Beyond Good & Evil 2 is a Bayonetta type deal, not RDR2.
Because we're mid-console generation. All serious console gamers already have at least one current gen console, so we aren't going to buy a new one for any reason but exclusive games or unique features. And even if someone were only concerned with sheer horsepower, they'd just wait for Scorpio, because I doubt this thing is beating it.

Yeah, third party support is important, but it's also expected and taken for granted. Nintendo hasn't had it simply because they've been an entire generation behind their competitors. In the end, exclusives are the actual selling point of any new platform.

Huh? It's already confirmed for Xbox and PS4.
There's still millions of PS3/360 owners that haven't upgraded. If Nintendo really does have big third party support (long shot) it could change a few minds. It really doesn't take much, just look at PS4. I think it's also been confirmed for a while that Pro/Scorpio won't have exclusive games and everything will still run on the base systems. The Pro also had some lukewarm reception.

imperius

It's because you can Switch it around and play however you want. Would you have liked it to stay "NX?" I would've too but in the end it's the games that matter.
No I understand why it is called Switch, but it doesn't need a literal name. NX is a much better name for a console.

Jimmy Thick

Totally unimpressed with the new console video, I don't know why Nintendo goes out of its way to try to make a system with a gimmick instead of just make a kick butt gaming machine.

Getting luck with the Wii was a once in a lifetime deal.

Still, so far it looks like nothing more than a more portable Wii U. While I personally feel the Wii U does not get the rep it deserves as a gaming system of which it is amazing, Nintendo needs to do more.

Unless the needle moves, this is going to flop and hopefully Nintendo just becomes a software producer and gets out of hardware completely.

Major disappointment of a first impression.

Jimmy Thick

Hmmm, looks like the majority of launch games will be ports of old Wii U games.

The Switch is being labeled a more realized Wii U.

Yeah, after the initial love fest because of it being new it's already getting mocked pretty hard. I really hope Nintendo has the original titles to back this up.

Voxel

President of Progress City
The Switch will probably be a day one purchase for me, it fits my needs and I can never say no to Mario or Zelda games. (Also the Rumor of a new first person Metroid game in the works). The switch already has one advantage that the Wii U didn't have, 3rd party support. From the partnership point of view they already have triple the number of developers willing to build for it than they did for the Wii U including big names such as EA and even crazier From Software (Dark Souls/Bloodbourne).

Mike S

Hmmm, looks like the majority of launch games will be ports of old Wii U games.

The Switch is being labeled a more realized Wii U.

Yeah, after the initial love fest because of it being new it's already getting mocked pretty hard. I really hope Nintendo has the original titles to back this up.
Just from footage the Mario game is clearly new. The town area at the start hasn't appeared in any previous game. We don't have enough details on Mario Kart or Splatoon yet. They too show some differences from their Wii U counterparts. They could be ports but nothing is confirmed, only that Zelda is a port.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom