Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

matt78

prLD7XY.jpg
I like it except I would call the park Universal/Nintendo's Mushroom Kingdom to continue with the Magic Kingdom knockoff theme and just have the castle be Peach's Castle.

epeterson

I like it except I would call the park Universal/Nintendo's Mushroom Kingdom to continue with the Magic Kingdom knockoff theme and just have the castle be Peach's Castle.

With Disney's incessant cutting of staff/services/experiences etc. and lack of meaningful improvements in WDW for 15+ years now, if Universal builds an almost replica of Magic Kingdom (but Nintendo themed) in time for WDW 50th anniversary, I would love to see the obsessive mouse fans justify Disney's actions.

Cesar R M

Are people going to WANT stories about adult Harry?

Harry Potter and the Tax Filing of Fate
Harry Potter and the Visit to the In-Laws of Despair
Harry Potter and the Prostate Exam of Pythagoras
ohh man, those names! specially the last one.. reminds me of the dirty joke variants of the book series.. XD

or the russian spoof of Harry Potter lol.

but seriously, Harry would pretty much be a renowned Auror, Hermione would pretty much replace McGonahall at the castle.. and Ron would be pretty rich businessman with his part of Weasel Weezies thing.

hopemax

Also, there were *no* video game arcades in the 90's either, I've never been to one except Chuckie Cheese.

I know other people have taken issue with this, but in the Pacific Northwest there was a chain of arcades called Bears. My husband jokes about how much of the money from his paper route went to Bears while in high school. That was 1989-1993. We also had one in our mall, named Tilt, which is apparently a national chain still operating http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Tilt .

I just sent him your comment and I got this back:

"If there were no arcades in the 90s I want all the money I poured into Street Fighter back" (apparently, the game more specifically was Street Fighter II: Champions Edition, but he said all the signage back then was Street Fighter 3)

bhg469

I know other people have taken issue with this, but in the Pacific Northwest there was a chain of arcades called Bears. My husband jokes about how much of the money from his paper route went to Bears while in high school. That was 1989-1993. We also had one in our mall, named Tilt, which is apparently a national chain still operating http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Tilt .

"If there were no arcades in the 90s I want all the money I poured into Street Fighter back" (apparently, the game more specifically was Street Fighter II: Champions Edition, but he said all the signage back then was Street Fighter 3)
Seriously, the 90s was loaded with them. There were 2 free standing arcades in my local mall. Both of which probably stayed open on my tmnt addiction.

Mike S

Seriously, the 90s was loaded with them. There were 2 free standing arcades in my local mall. Both of which probably stayed open on my tmnt addiction.
My summer camp had some games and TMNT was one of them. I wouldn't call myself a fan of the franchise but I played that thing to death :inlove:

Siren

I don't know where you live but around where I live we still have arcades. All the major malls near where I live still have an arcade. There is also a place that rents out machines to businesses such our bowling alley and the movie theater. The are also places like Chucky Cheese and Dave & Busters.
I have never been to a stand alone brick and mortar arcade like on Wreck It Ralph. But, like I said I was a bit young to be checking for arcades in the 90's, so I totally misspoke but that's because I don't remember hearing anyone talking about them either, they just were never on my radar.

We did go to Chuck E Cheese and we also have a little arcade section at the movie theater. We also have a Dave & Buster's, it was just okay -- I prefer Chuck E Cheese to this place, lol.

I do remember a place called Laser Tag sometime around 1999, and they had arcade games and bumper cars, too! It was fun for what it was, but not really my cup of tea.

I'm such a big kid sometimes, but I *love* Chuck E Cheese. I just feel like going there now -- their is pizza is so hot and good. When I was a kid, we would go in the morning when it first opened, so we were the only ones there with a few people trickling in later -- by the time the crowds arrived we were done. LOL.

LOL, this so funny. I have never heard of Bears Arcade but I wish we had one.

I'm so embarrassed though, I can't believe you sent your husband that! Tell him I'm sorry, I was too young to even notice arcades in the early to mid 90's, so I shouldn't have said that.

I don't remember Street Fighter, but I did play a fighting game called Soul Caliber, I was always Ivy -- with the "chains" and all of that. And, I played some Mortal Kombat -- I always used Jade and sometime Sindel with the hair. But, again not at an arcade.

I don't know if you own a Wii U, but Super Smash Brothers on the Wii U is the best fighting game I have ever played. If you don't own it already, get it because your husband would love it. On second thought, just wait for the next Nintendo console. It's supposed to come out soon.

As an aside, I think Zero Suit Samus from Super Smash Brothers Wii U borrowed moves from Soul Caliber's Ivy.

I really want Universal to build all of this, but I will take The Mushroom Kingdom, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Animal Crossing Village (awww, too cute!), The Toad Treasure Tracker ride, and Yoshi. In that order.

Also, Princess Peach always bakes the most delicious cakes for Mario -- that's why Bowser keeps stealing her away and Mario has to rescue her. So, maybe an Official Princess Peach Bakery with tiny individual cakes and other treats, should be in order, too!

Cesar R M

Heres hoping the new TMNT game delivers!

I think it was this one.
View attachment 131335

love this game so much!
My father once had a small ice cream business, I kept myself entertained with this arcade AND the Michael Jackson's 3/4 view Moonwalker version.

matt78

Let us not forget the Simpsons arcade game where you could whack someone with a skateboard, saxophone, bowling ball, or vacuum cleaner.

Even towards the end of my "arcade" run in the 90s (I'm 32)- I remember NFL Blitz was a big player- that was 1997.

And while not an arcade game- I played Adams family pinball like it was going out of style. In fact, owned one a few years ago before I sold it (and now wish I didn't).

ETA: My arcade was "Tilt" at the mall in Plano, TX

I forgot about these. There was also Cruisin USA/World and San Francisco Rush. I also used to play this a lot because it used to give out free baseball cards.
$_1.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom