NFL 2015 Offseason Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Apparently the Dolphins are closing in on a deal with Ndamukung Suh that would eclipse $110 million with $58 million guaranteed.

It would make him the highest paid defensive player in NFL history.

PUSH

Original Poster
Brandon Flowers is returning to San Diego, and Mark Ingram returns to New Orleans.

PUSH

Original Poster
Some more news...

- Patrick Willis plans to retire tomorrow.
- Devin McCourty to resign with Patriots
- Jeremy Maclin plans to join Chiefs
- Byron Maxwell and Frank Gore say they're going to Philly

NYwdwfan

From NFLmobile:

The Saints and Seahawks are finalizing details on a blockbuster trade just before the start of free agency.

New Orleans is working out the logistics of sending tight end Jimmy Graham and a fourth-round pick to Seattle for center Max Unger and a first-round pick, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Network.

PUSH

Original Poster
Wow, two huge trades! I just logged in to report the Bradford/Foles news, but hadn't heard the Jimmy Graham one.

PUSH

Original Poster
In other news, Haloti Ngata has been traded from the Ravens to the Lions for a 4th and 5th round pick.

PUSH

Original Poster
I was surprised by both...expecting my phone to start blowing up in the next half an hour.
I don't know what to think about the Bradford/Foles trade. Both have question marks. I think Bradford could be a top tier QB if he could stay healthy. And Foles doesn't have a big enough sample size to see.

The Seahawks needed a playmaker at receiver, and Graham is just that. But is he worth the money? Receivers are a dime a dozen in this league.

PUSH

Original Poster
Some other news:

- Jake Locker retires
- Julius Thomas to Jaguars
- Mike Iupati to Cardinals
- Byron Maxwell to Eagles
- Torrey Smith to 49ers
- Bryan Bulaga stays with Packers
- Trent Colt to Colts
- Davon House to Jaguars
- Stephen Paea to Redskins

flynnibus

Premium Member
You missed ngata to the lions

The Ravens let all their big money due free agents walk... And our punter is due a ton of money yet too. Wonder what scraps they'll decide need second chances

NYwdwfan

From NFLmobile:

Revis' deal with the Jets is a whopper. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports it's a five-year, $70 million deal with $39 million fully guaranteed, per a source involved.

jw24

Man, a lot moves and deals. Bottom line, Indy is going all in with the win now or never with Frank Gore and maybe Andre Johnson. Philly is probably thinking Mariota or bust. The 49ers could be the worst of the NFC West this season. And I'm not drafting Julius Thomas next season in 2015 Fantasy Football because I don't think he'll thrive with Bortles.

As for my favorite team, the NY Giants got Shane Vereen. An interesting signing. I do like the fact that he can catch and run the football and I do think he'll compliment Jennings and Williams. Maybe Andre Williams can learn a thing from Vereen on how to add the receiving element to his game. Beason restructured his deal, signed JT Thomas and the Giants got Dwayne Harris from the Cowboys. I've always believed the Giants lacked an impact KR and I would argue they haven't had one since Willie Ponder!

PUSH

Original Poster
As for what the Packers have done, I love it! Resign the core players, and take the first week of free agency off. Rarely will you get a good deal in the beginning of free agency. Often times they are older players that a team doesn't want anymore for a certain reason, or they're overpriced. I love Ted Thompson's philosophy. It's won a lot of games for the Packers.

PUSH

Original Poster
Another surprise retirement from yesterday: Jason Worilds, formerly of the Pittsburgh Steelers, announced via his agent that he's stepping away from football to pursue other things. He's only 27.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom