NFL 2014 Discussion Thread

acishere

Ravens Defense is having a great game, but I really need their offense to use their run game. Forsett's lack of production is going to land me in my league's Sakko bowl. Jordy Nelson too.

After being excited for the Giants to play a team without a QB, RGIII comes back to rack up points for your bench or waiver wire.

Also it appears Johnny Football was injured before their game and Johnny JamBoogie was given the start in his place.

PUSH

Original Poster
Just for the record, the game wasn't entirely Rodgers' fault. Jordy Nelson dropped what would have been a huge TD pass, which would have eliminated one INT that was the fault of Andrew Quarless. There were many more dropped passes in this game, and every time we did get a big play, it was called back because of a penalty. The Bills defense is right up there with the top of the league. Green Bay's offense had an off day, no doubt, but to put the blame entirely on Rodgers is majorly unfair. He had a few over throws, and one INT was his fault (actually the only INT he's had this year that wasn't off of a tipped pass by a receiver), but I'd put more blame on dropped passes and the inability to establish a rhythm because of them.

jw24

Beckham Jr got me 30 points for my fantasy team! And Baltimore, 22 points for defense! But I'm still worried because even though as of 4:27 pm, I'm up by 32 points, my opponent still has LeSean McCoy, Demarco Murray and Jason Witten. Rodgers laid an egg. (My opponent started Andrew Luck who fortunately didn't light up Houston as much as I thought.) I have CJ Anderson and Julius Thomas starting as my remaining players left. They'd better pull through! Last time I had Rodgers on my fantasy team, I lost the semifinals but took the consolation game to finish 3rd overall. History may repeat itself is what I fear.

But anyway, Washington simply imploded. I was livid when I thought RG3 scored on the TD run but my emotions switched quickly when it was overturned. But Santana Moss just melted down. You're a 15 year vet, you should know better to keep your emotions in check! And another week, Washington took a chance on 4th down and they blew it. And Breeland is probably the scapegoat of the week with his 4 penalties. But anyway, Beckham Jr was spectacular...except for that fumble in the end! Really?! You just had to keep the 30 game turnover streak going! :arghh::banghead:

PUSH

Original Poster
In other news... not only are extra points too easy now, but apparently FGs are too. The NFL is looking into narrowing the width of the goal posts for the Pro Bowl in order to experiment for the future. Too much change at one time.

Also, the FG width has not been changed since 1920.

jw24

Just for the record, the game wasn't entirely Rodgers' fault. Jordy Nelson dropped what would have been a huge TD pass, which would have eliminated one INT that was the fault of Andrew Quarless. There were many more dropped passes in this game, and every time we did get a big play, it was called back because of a penalty. The Bills defense is right up there with the top of the league. Green Bay's offense had an off day, no doubt, but to put the blame entirely on Rodgers is majorly unfair. He had a few over throws, and one INT was his fault (actually the only INT he's had this year that wasn't off of a tipped pass by a receiver), but I'd put more blame on dropped passes and the inability to establish a rhythm because of them.

Green Bay is a definitely different team on the road compared to the home. 23 TD and no picks at home compared to 12 TDs and 5 picks on the road for Aaron Rodgers this season. But to be fair, three of the four losses were against the top 5 defenses in the league in terms of total yards and points per game. (Seattle, Detroit and Buffalo.) But still, they've played tight contests on the road even when they have won. They've got Tampa next week, a team who hasn't won a single home game all year. But they've played tight contests in spite of their 2-12 record. I think Green Bay clearly needs the home-field advantage more than the other NFC teams.

PUSH

Original Poster
Green Bay is a definitely different team on the road compared to the home. 23 TD and no picks at home compared to 12 TDs and 5 picks on the road for Aaron Rodgers this season. But to be fair, three of the four losses were against the top 5 defenses in the league in terms of total yards and points per game. (Seattle, Detroit and Buffalo.) But still, they've played tight contests on the road even when they have won. They've got Tampa next week, a team who hasn't won a single home game all year. But they've played tight contests in spite of their 2-12 record. I think Green Bay clearly needs the home-field advantage more than the other NFC teams.
I agree. Lambeau Field has been the best home field advantage in the NFL this season. But Green Bay hasn't really played a slouch team on the road this year, either. I don't think anybody was going to go into Seattle week 1 and beat them. And Miami is a tough team, and playing in the heat down there isn't an easy task, either. Then in New Orleans we played them right as they were getting hot, although it was for a short time they were hot. Buffalo also just came off a performance where they limited Peyton Manning and the Broncos to minimal success. Then the Lions are obviously a good team, and the Packers and Vikings always play each other tough, year in and year out. And then the game in Chicago was just... an easy win.

I'm not making excuses, the Packers definitely need to step up if they want to make a deep playoff run, and there is nothing more I want than for us to get the #1 seed to ensure that we get to play at home. But I also don't think it's fair to overact to one game. This game only proves where the Packers stand right now, just like the win against NE. There's a new storyline and new problem every week. The truth lies somewhere in between, and the truth is always revealed in the post season, unless of course you've been eliminated.

PUSH

Original Poster
10845951_837639356282754_4126419533048660681_n.jpg

PUSH

Original Poster
Because I'm bored again, here's some updated predictions and rankings for me...

Playoffs...

NFC
1. Seahawks
2. Packers
3. Eagles
4. Saints
5. Cardinals
6. Lions

AFC
1. Patriots
2. Broncos
3. Colts
4. Steelers
5. Ravens
6. Chargers

MVP Race
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. JJ Watt
3. Tom Brady
4. Andrew Luck
5. Demarco Murray

Top 10 QBs for 2014
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Andrew Luck
4. Philip Rivers
5. Peyton Manning
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Drew Brees
8. Tony Romo
9. Russell Wilson
10. Joe Flacco

Honorable Mention: Matt Ryan

Also, I didn't put much thought into my top 10 QBs... I was just bored, so I put together a list.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom