Next 'land' for Hollywood Studios

Cmdr_Crimson

IMO When Star Wars land opens..I'm Really hoping they remove Launch Bay and can retheme it to Mickey's Movieland...
movielandconceptart.jpg

And bring the mini 360 hub to it like at DCA..
5139112791_6b2d5dac91_b.jpg

Robbiem

Plus one for Indy. Classic movie franchise which sits perfect with the old Hollywood theme of the boulevards / echo lake. I'd love to see a boat ride like others have described and the Indiana jones adventure needs to come to Florida With good theming it could be lost river delta in Tokyo and become the studios adventureland

ppete1975

Theres really no telling what the landscape might look like by then. Remember after announcing avatar land (2011)..... Disney purchased lucasfilms (2012), and it was only 2009 that they purchased marvel and 2004 the muppets.... 2006 pixar
So who knows what might happen or who they might work with ala avatarland.
So in the last 13 years they added... the muppets, Pixar, marvel.. and lucasfilms

Personally id rather get some true Disney... wall-e wreck it ralph bambi or even tron or a Donald duck ride!! What I think would be cool is a ride based on the new mickey cartoons where everything you see is in that type of animation
d96ed8bfe3cbd975db82f412a3a93ff0.jpg

EasyRover

Indy Land for sure!

A Last Crusade dark ride, a Temple of Doom mine roller coaster, a Raiders of The Lost Ark simulated ride, Club Obi Wan eatery, Marion's Tavern drinks, and keep the Stunt Spectacular.

Kamikaze

So post Star Wars and Toy Story, what do you think will be the next added land to Hollywood Studios? Will we finally get an Indiana Jones themed mini-land with a Raging Spirits style coaster or EMV Adventure ride?.....or will we get a Treasure Cove clone from Shanghai with the new Pirates ride? I have no clue if either of these are in the works, it is just what I would like to see. What about you?

The next (major) addition to the DHS park after SWL will be to add the third SWL attraction. Bank on it.

If something like the 'Great Mickey Ride' happens thats not really an addition, so that might happen in the meantime.
But I really believe that they are going to have to rush build attraction #3 (especially in FL) because the crowds are going to be insane. DL has a lot of space to spread the crowds for SWL. DHS (or whatever its called then) will not.

Who knows, maybe Disney and Universal will work out a deal for the Marvel rights sometime in the next 2-3 years. Even then, I think SWL#3 will be next.

Last edited:

FettFan

I think the park needs more Lucas(indiana jones), pixar ( monsters inc., cars), some disney live action ( into the woods, pirates of the caribbean, tron, alice in wonderland), muppets ( some kind of coaster and muppet movie ride) and after that they could add whatever they want like idk marvel, tim burton, maybe even ghibli

Now that Frozen is in Epcot and the Three Caballeros have invaded Mexico, perhaps they should just put a Totoro ride at the Japan pavilion.
giphy.gif

Would make sense....after all, Totoro had a cameo in Toy Story 3.
totoro3.jpg

OliveMcFly

I would love Indy-Land. But please can we keep the stunt show, just updated and refreshed? It's my sentimental favourite, after they took away Backlot tours and SOA. And now GMR, not to mention OMD (sigh).
Would you be willing to say goodbye to the stunt show if the ride took its place?

ppete1975

Would you be willing to say goodbye to the stunt show if the ride took its place?
I would, its a big space and once you've seen it, its not something you just reride all the time. It is a people eater when its showtime so that's a plus.. but I fell asleep last time... just felt long and dated. I think as an overly stimulated culture we might have moved past these stunt shows and the former studio backlot and lights motors action.

OliveMcFly

I would, its a big space and once you've seen it, its not something you just reride all the time. It is a people eater when its showtime so that's a plus.. but I fell asleep last time... just felt long and dated. I think as an overly stimulated culture we might have moved past these stunt shows and the former studio backlot and lights motors action.
I agree, I enjoy watching it but sometimes sleep takes over lol. Maybe updates would keep it fresh but if we could get the ride I'd be just fine.

Disneyfamily4

My guess would be something Marvel. I know they don't hold the rights to several characters, but they do have the rights to some of their characters. They can do a Guardians of the galaxy land, and have different phases of the land look like the different places in the movies they all went to. Planet Ego, Planet Nowhere, Etc.

nickys

Premium Member

Good question! I guess so. I'm not a real thrill rider, really don't like being on tracks above the ground (as in I can do BTRR, 7dmt but not Space or even Barnstormer or Primeval Whirl). So no if it's a Paris clone (absolutely will NOT do a loop, EVER). Because I'm from the UK we come every 3 years or so (since buying DVC anyway), so I do watch the show each time and love it. I'd definitely shed more than a few tears. But if it was to create a really great mini Land, with memorabilia and details then.... OK!

slappy magoo

I say make the next land the Oldies Extravaganza with an actual park completed dedicated to old rides brought back to life....gawd I miss Horizons and Journey Into Imagination with Dreamfinder. :(
I was actually thinking this would be a great use of the tech used in Cyber Space Mountain. Use original video or photo-realistic video to replicate the experience of certain old rides, and only have a virtual Fastpass queue (no waiting on line) where you would choose at least a week in advance the vintage attraction you'd like to recreate.
The reason I say the queue needs to be virtual is because every attraction differs in length. You're in front of a bunch of people who only want to experience Mr Toad's Wild Ride or The Adventures of Snow White, the queue would move pretty fast, but if everyone starts choosing Horizons or other 20 minute rides, even a line of 50 people or more could take a couple of hours. Better to decide that stuff in advance, get a time window and go then.

JIMINYCR

I'm actually sad to see DHS move away from the Hollywood theming of yesteryear. Sure I'm excited about SW and CarsLand but the entire old style Hollywood is disappearing. Next tear down the buildings along Hollywood blvd and Sunset blvd because they no longer fit in. Brown Derby, 50s Prime Time, Sci-Fi, Hollywood & Vine... nope, no longer fit the mold. The park was meant to honor the Hollywood of Walts time. Sadly even Walts no longer welcome.

nickys

Premium Member
I'm actually sad to see DHS move away from the Hollywood theming of yesteryear. Sure I'm excited about SW and CarsLand but the entire old style Hollywood is disappearing. Next tear down the buildings along Hollywood blvd and Sunset blvd because they no longer fit in. Brown Derby, 50s Prime Time, Sci-Fi, Hollywood & Vine... nope, no longer fit the mold. The park was meant to honor the Hollywood of Walts time. Sadly even Walts no longer welcome.

Totally with you on this. 1000 "likes" to you! Apparently though many visitors disagree and found it dated. I even saw someone say it went out of fashion in the 90s. Oh well, guess we're stuck in the 80s then lol!

ppete1975

My guess would be something Marvel. I know they don't hold the rights to several characters, but they do have the rights to some of their characters. They can do a Guardians of the galaxy land, and have different phases of the land look like the different places in the movies they all went to. Planet Ego, Planet Nowhere, Etc.

That could totally change by the time all of this happens. Disney has money so they might be able to make deals. Look at Spider-Man he is in the new marvel movies (NEVER THOUGHT THAT WOULD HAPPEN), fantastic four is almost worthless at this point due to movies that didn't work but they have to either keep making them or lose the rights, so many things could change.. I could see Disney by the time all of this is said and done being able to have more than just guardians of the galaxy in florida. Of course if guardians takes over epcot......

Last edited:

Disneyfamily4

That could totally change by the time all of this happens. Disney has money so they might be able to make deals. Look at Spider-Man he is in the new marvel movies, fantastic four is almost worthless at this point due to movies that didn't work. I could see Disney by the time all of this is said and done being able to have at least a few marvel characters if not all in the parks of florida.

Disney will never get the rights to Spiderman or Fantastic 4 or even any of the Avengers in their parks. Universal Studios owns them and will never sell it. Disney actually would not even be allowed to have the Name Marvel in any of the parks, but with Guardians and Dr. Strange, it would have to be called "super hero land" or something like that.

As I am reading about it now, it appears only Disney Land would be able to have the super heros. Marvel in any way shape or form is not allowed in Disney world.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom