News on the Haunted Mansion themed resort rooms?

Soarin' Over Pgh

Damn it.......yet more HM stuff I cant afford to buy yet SOMEHOW manage to. We didn't REALLY need to eat this week, did we? :D

I think if a group of us HM fans get together, buy a house, we can collectively afford to deck it out in HM garb everywhere. I'm an artist, I can make/sew/paint/stitch/sculpt/build just about anything.

So, what do you think? :D

Disneyfanatic247

The best parts would include the lack of housekeeping to keep with the theme (economical, sensible, really FP+ material) and your bed suddenly falling thirteen stories in the middle of the night.
if they did a hotel themed off of The Hollywood Terror and Hotel or whatever the official name of it was, that would be pretty amazing, except they wouldn't keep it dusty, they'd have it was if it was back in the 1920's, as it was in the right. Correct me if I'm wrong?

JimboJones123

What about a Marvel Heroes Resort?

Fantastapool.
Avengers Tower rooms.
X-park, for gifted youngsters.
Friendly Neighborhood Spidersnacks.

Does that break the Universal contract?

Cmdr_Crimson

Fantastapool.
Avengers Tower rooms.

I think the rule is as long as it's not in the parks it's fine (I could be off a little) But, they are having Captain America on the Disney Cruise Line..

ToTBellHop

Fantastapool.
Avengers Tower rooms.

Or just build this once the South Garden Wing of the Contemporary is destroyed:
stark_building01_SJ_080310.jpg

It would go well with the other two towers and I think we can all agree that it would look wonderful from Frontierland.

disney4life2008

It's just such a waste..Your just being sucker punched in the wallet getting it..I see no reason for them..Just give me a bed, a TV (If I watch it), A bathroom and a shower and I'm fine I can take the hotel being themed but the Interior room not so much...I like how Pop Century's are after they redid them and they feel more relaxing to me.

I agree. I am not into room theming. I just need a bed, shower, tv and I am good.

Spike-in-Berlin

I agree. I am not into room theming. I just need a bed, shower, tv and I am good.

Well then you don't have to stay at a Disney resort but there others, quite a lot of others, who love themed hotels and themed rooms because their Disney trip does not end at the parks gate. Those who only need a bed, a bathroom, a shower and a TV can stay at any Comfort Inn.

Spike-in-Berlin

I am really sad they cancelled the idea. Would have loved to spend a few nights in such a room as I am a die hard fan of the HM (bad pun intended). I am sure I wouldn't have been alone and these rooms would have been a success. After all we are only talking about a number of rooms at an existing resort, not an entire new resort. They should have at least tested the idea.

disney4life2008

Well then you don't have to stay at a Disney resort but there others, quite a lot of others, who love themed hotels and themed rooms because their Disney trip does not end at the parks gate. Those who only need a bed, a bathroom, a shower and a TV can stay at any Comfort Inn.

I will never pay more than $70 per night and that is to stay at sports. My only reason to stay at a disney resort is for extra magic hours - everything else I can pass on. I have no problem staying at the super 8 on idrive for $45 have done it plenty of times. Unless I get a free trip I will never stay in a disney resort that is upward $150 or more a night - not my thing and never will be. I can use that money elsewhere on my orlando vacations.

Mike S

It would be amazing if they opened up the "Disney World Hotel" with each floor or section having different type of rooms themed to one of the attractions.
There could be four different wings each themed to one of the four parks. This would actually be pretty cool, I think there's room between Grand Floridian and Magic Kingdom for another deluxe hotel. Though maybe it should be called the "Walt" Disney World Hotel.

steamboatjosh

Oh I would love it if they would include Walt's name in there, but the sad thing is they might not. However those were my thoughts exactly. Have a Magic Kingdom section, Hollywood Studios section, Epcot section, Animal Kingdom section.

Plus think about the potential for a restaurant. It could have a "return to the old World" theme to it. Each park would have it's own themed seating section, with archives and historic pieces from that specific park's opening year so it also even recreates the era that the park opened in.

Also imagine if instead of just opening up a pool, they opened up the first indoor water park attached to the hotel. Imagine Great Wolf Lodge's water park except bigger.

Of course I know none of this will ever happen, but as a writer one my imagination gets going I have to write it out, and if I'm going to write out an idea for Disney World I might post it on here.

dstrawn9889

This particular design is also available commercially from the supplier.It is a pattern from the Victorian era consisting of lillies with leaves with gold details, creating a very elegant and stately design. It comes in rolls measuring 27" wide and 15' long. It is called Lily-Dresser Tradition II (Color Code: LYW-550; Color Scheme: Ashes of Rose). It is available through Bradbury & Bradbury Art Wallpapers - visit their web site for more information or to order the wallpaper, and create a haunted domicile of your own!
foyer_tile_lightson.jpg
this is the paper in the rest of the mansion, BTW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom