NewfieFan's trip of a lifetime ~ Sept. 16 -26!

Ok, so I'm a little anxious to tell you all about my trip... honestly, I'm not ready to write the TR yet b/c I don't have my pics loaded yet (my computer is in another town) but I just had to check in with you all and let you know that everything was amazing! We only got back late last night and we're all tired! I have lots of pics to share and a few good stories to tell. I hope you like long TRs b/c this one has the potential to be loooong! So stayed tuned... I promise to get the TR up and running as soon as possible!

NewfieFan

Original Poster
Well, I have my pictures all loaded but I'd like to get my the pics from my mom's camera as well - she has a few pics I didn't get! I promise the TR will be coming very soon. So while you're all waiting I thought I would give you the background story on our trip... get all the boring stuff out of the way first!

Well, I started planning this trip after my last trip in June '07. The trip seemed so far away back then and I never thought it would come! Originally it was supposed to be just my own family going (myself, hubby, and two children) but I convinced my brother early on to come with us. Then in April when they came out with the free dining my parents joined in and before we knew it we had a big 'ole family vacation in the works! So, our party consisted of;
- Myself (the planner extraordnaire)
- Hubby (Pete)
- Son (Aidan 5 years old)
- Daughter (Anna 2 years old)
- My brother (aka Uncle Matt)
- Mom & Dad (aka Nanny & Poppy)

This was a pretty big deal for us b/c we haven't traveled together like this since... I don't remember when! My brother also lives very far away and we never get to see him - so it was exciting just to see him as well! My parents and my brother had not been to WDW in over 15 years and they never stayed on property before... heck, they never ate in a WDW restaurant before! I couldn't wait to show them the "World" and for them to have the real Disney experience that I've come to love!

Did I mention I did all the planning for this trip!?! It was a lot of work and stress but it was fun too! And yes, we had all our ADRs in place long before the trip... and we got everything we wanted!

Before I end this I'll leave you with a pic of our "countdown wall" - we had a lot of fun planning and anticipating this trip...

2n1hoqg.jpg

2nt8bxc.jpg

NewfieFan

Original Poster
I don't have the pics from my mom's camera but what the heck I can't wait to start this, so here I go...

(Oh, I've also ordered my PhotoPass CD but I don't have that yet so I may add some good pics at the end of this TR!)

Sept. 16th (Day 1)

We left our home in Newfoundland at the wonderful hour of 4am :snore: and headed for the airport. My parents stayed at our house the night before and they were traveling with us. Our first flight took us to Toronto and that's where we met my brother (who traveled from Alberta the day before) and then we were all together for our second flight to Orlando! Both flights were pretty uneventful (except for one disfunctional family:hammer:), the kids were great (they sleep a bit on both flights), and before we knew it we landed in Orlando at 1:12pm (local time). We retrieved our own luggage and headed straight for ME! The bus was ready and waiting and within minutes we were on our way...

2qjin4j.jpg

My mom and I
2it6edx.jpg

A very excited little boy
a3js4g.jpg

And the rest of the family is excited too
2r59fmu.jpg

Ahhhhhh, what a beautiful sight
296k9j4.jpg

We arrived around 3pm and checked in at All Star Music - that was also quick and painless! My family was in Calpyso but my parents and my bro were in Jazz (they didn't mind). When we left the lobby and headed towards our rooms everybody was quite impressed with the pool and surrounding area! We checked out our rooms, unpacked, and got ready to head out to Epcot! I was just a wee bit excited at this point!!!

The gang waiting for a bus (minus me - I'm always the one taking the pictures)
2yv18ac.jpg

Doesn't she look beautiful!?!
wkfqd3.jpg

We stopped for a couple quick PhotoPass pics in front of SSE (I'll have to post those later) and we headed straight to the Land for supper. But we had to make a detour into MouseGear for some candy - my son remembered this place from our last trip! Everybody enjoyed Sunshine Seasons - it was a very good choice (mmmmmm)!
Our first ride of the trip turned out to be Test Track with hardly any wait. My husband (who doesn't like rides at all) and the kids didn't ride. So it was just like "old times", my parents, my bro, and I riding together! We loved it and the ride photo was too funny (again, I'll post it later). After that we walked to WS just in time to see Illuminations starting - my parents and my bro were in awe of the show! Instead of exiting with the mob we decided to take a leisurely stroll around WS and enjoy the sights and sounds of Epcot in the dark! It was a beautiful walk around the lagoon and we paused to watch the fountain show on our way out - it was the perfect way to start our vacation! We headed back to the resort - it had been quite a long day for us and we were starting to feel it.

Up next; a tired family, an empty MK, a lost hat, and heat exhaustion!
Stay tuned...

NewfieFan

Original Poster
Great start ... looking forward to more!

Thanks... there will be more... lots more!:wave:

yay:sohappy:for long TRs...I love them! Can't wait for more (also, your brother is hot...did I just say that?!)

Yeah, I like reading long TRs too so I have the potential to write a long one!:eek:

My brother would appreciate the comment! Btw ladies, he's single and lookin' for a wife - yep, that's right he's lookin' to settle down!

NewfieFan

Original Poster
:lol: I though the same thing! Alberta, eh? ;)

Yeah, he lives in Alberta but he's Newfoundland home grown!;)

Great report so far--I love the countdown calendar!

Thanks for the comment. I know you started a thread a while back about countdown calendars. I'm going to see if I can dig it up and post on it - I would love to see what others do to anticipate their trip!

Great report. I look forward to seeing more.

Thank you!:wave:

Great report! I love the countdown calendar too - I think I will try that myself!

Thanks! The calendar was a lot of fun to do. The castle I bought at a dollar store in the party section - it was called scene setters or something like that! After every "sleep" my kids would take turns taking the numbers off the wall... it was so fun to watch the numbers disappear and to see my kids get more excited everyday. I will definitely be doing it for future trips (I enjoyed it as much as the kids:lookaroun)!

Ok guys, I promise there's more coming. I'm actually still trying to unpack and get my son back into homeschooling. When I get a few minutes to myself I will be writing some more...

Thanks for reading!:wave:

NewfieFan

Original Poster
Sept. 17th (Day 2) - First full day!

The plan for today was for all of us to go together to the MK and watch the opening ceremonies together and then spend the morning together as well. Well, the plan... didn't go as planned! I called my parents around 7:45 to tell them we'd meet them at the bus around 8 and guess who answers the phone in that "sleepy voice"? Yep, they had slept in (lazy bums)! I was a little disappointed as I had the perfect first day planned out in my head but I sucked it up and moved on.
We arrived in front of the MK with a few minutes to spare before the opening. It was a beautiful morning and they had hula hoops on the ground for the children to play with - which was so cute...

mudet.jpg

Waiting for the opening
jfwwo4.jpg

2ivz993.jpg

(Yes, that's a Mickey waffle in my daughter's hand - she took her breakfast to go!)

The opening ceremonies was the darn cutest thing ever! It was my first time seeing it and I loved it - what a way to start your day at the MK! My children had to pause to pick up streamers and confetti before we headed in with the crowd.

An early morning castle
2rr9h1h.jpg

Our first ride of the day was...
tar3m9.jpg

My kids both love this movie (it's their favorite) so we figured it would be a good ride to start them out. Anna was a little unsure but she was ok, until... the ride broke down... in the rain scene (which is a little dark)! She sat there saying "I want to go home now" over and over! Anyways, the ride was stuck for quite some time before it started moving again. I thought for sure the kids were ruined now and wouldn't go on anymore rides for the rest of the trip. When we exited the ride some CMs were blowing bubbles for the kids - thank goodness, the kids needed some "bubble therapy" after that!

2czqbnb.jpg

Surprisingly they both agreed to move on and try another ride...

2hppp4j.jpg

They both recently just saw the Peter Pan movie so they really enjoyed the ride - which was a relief! (Oh, notice the wait time of 5 mins. in the picture - this would be the trend for almost our whole vacation... NO waiting!)

Next up was...
2hs3wua.jpg

Anna continued to sing it for the rest of day... but it sounds cute coming out of a 2 year old!

After three rides we figured the kids needed a break so we headed over to my son's favorite spot...
df98ba.jpg

They both loved this place and had so much fun! Then we met the "lazy bums" (aka my parents) at around 10 and enjoyed an ice cream break too! After we all headed over to...

23sdowx.jpg

My parents thought the show was very well done but my kids... not so much. Aidan did much better than he did last year (he was afraid of everything last year) but he still didn't like the whirlpool part. And I lost my daughter when the corks blew in her face. Bad mom, bad mom! I guess 3D was a little too much for her. She didn't cry... just curled up in my arms. But other than that they enjoyed it!!!

I will continue Day 2 in another post (at this rate it'll be Christmas before I get his done)...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom