New WDWMAGIC 'Ride Counter' iPhone and iPod Touch app available now FREE on iTunes

WDWmazprty

With your iPhone plugged in, go into iTunes, then on the left hand side, goto DEVICES, click on your iPhone, then on the right side of the screen, under VERSION, click Check for Update. That should get you updated to iOS4.

Ok, should I register the phone first? Seems like I never did that when I bought.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sounds great, Steve. Any hope for us Android users? :cool:

We'd love to offer our apps on all platforms, but unfortunately the time and resources that go into making these is just so great that we can't do it. With the iPhone having the most active app user-base, we chose that as our primary platform. I'm not saying it won't happen, but at the the moment with the resources we have, it will be iPhone only for our first 3 apps.

You can run our mobile version of WDWMAGIC on Android, from http://mobile.wdwmagic.com

Buried20KLeague

We'd love to offer our apps on all platforms, but unfortunately the time and resources that go into making these is just so great that we can't do it. With the iPhone having the most active app user-base, we chose that as our primary platform. I'm not saying it won't happen, but at the the moment with the resources we have, it will be iPhone only for our first 3 apps.

You can run our mobile version of WDWMAGIC on Android, from http://mobile.wdwmagic.com

Hmmm... THREE???

Care to share what the third one will be about? :cool:

Buried20KLeague

So... When accessing this site through the link on the app, the screen doesn't rotate when you flip the phone on its side... Like any normal website does when you rotate the phone.

Is that a bug, or intentional?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So... When accessing this site through the link on the app, the screen doesn't rotate when you flip the phone on its side... Like any normal website does when you rotate the phone.

Is that a bug, or intentional?

Yes it is intentional. Orientation based apps take even more time to develop, so we decided on making it fixed. Because of that, everything in the app is portrait. The mobile version of the site that you see inside the app is designed for portrait viewing, so shouldn't cause much of a problem.

If you want the mobile site to flip, you can use http://mobile.wdwmagic.com in the browser.

bhg469

Mobile friendly version of the site that runs on Android, iPhone, Windows Mobile etc is available at http://mobile.wdwmagic.com

I meant for the application, the mobile friendly site works great. Web apps can be mobile friendly too sir. That way no one feels left out and if the current growth of alternatives to iphone goes the way it has been the, iphone is going to be #2 very soon. Windows mobile 7 hasn't even dropped yet and people are chomping at the bit for that.

sc123tx

Or maybe you should just buy a better phone instead of giving attitude to someone who is giving us something free of charge. If you want to count your rides buy an iPhone. And apps made for iPhone is not limited to iPhone but all ios. Reports say that android will catch apple in four years. That is a long time and iPhone will not be AT&T exclusive. Plus ios outside of the u.s. Dominates android because of there not being much exclusivity, so a lot of people that visit wdw will be able to use it.

bhg469

Or maybe you should just buy a better phone instead of giving attitude to someone who is giving us something free of charge. If you want to count your rides buy an iPhone. And apps made for iPhone is not limited to iPhone but all ios. Reports say that android will catch apple in four years. That is a long time and iPhone will not be AT&T exclusive. Plus ios outside of the u.s. Dominates android because of there not being much exclusivity, so a lot of people that visit wdw will be able to use it.

...right first off there was not intended attitude. An at the current rate maybe it will take for years but the rate of people activating android handsets is increasing.. And there are better phones than mine, but fortunately none of them run IOS... You can take that to the bank. There is nothing faster, or more customizable and more powerul with an apple logo on it.

A lot of companies take the approach of coding a site for everyone rather than an app for a few.

Lokheed

Starting Count

One suggestion: add a feature to "prime the pump" with an existing count.

This app is going to be extremely handy for counting my son's rides on SWSA (he is currently up to 3,104), but to use this app I have to sit here and manually click the Count button that many times to get it up to current.

Very nice job on the app!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
One suggestion: add a feature to "prime the pump" with an existing count.

This app is going to be extremely handy for counting my son's rides on SWSA (he is currently up to 3,104), but to use this app I have to sit here and manually click the Count button that many times to get it up to current.

Very nice job on the app!

Thanks, and thanks for the suggestion!

I did manage to add 7000 rides in an evening during testing, it really doesn't take that long LOL

bhg469

I thought I had the best phone... Then what's better than an iPhone?
Lol I don't know if youre serious or not but the htc evo, and incredible both better and faster. Motorola Droid x Droid 2 and Droid running android 2.2.. new Samsung are also better. New Windows 7 phones all looking better and more versatile than I phone. Really anything that has come out in the past few months. IPhone is just a hype machine now. It did its job by making other companies wake up. I use to have a 3gs it is a relic compared to the new stuff coming out even the iphone4 is a joke the screen is nice but not as bright as apple tells you it is. Ios is the reason I'm no longer using one too. Great hardware on a locked down walled in platform. Jobs is ruining iphones potential because he thinks his opinion is everyone else's.:drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom