New WDW Today Loop (Information Channel)

Luigi

I know this isn't "E-Ticket Attraction" Level News, but it is still news. For those of you who like to listen to the relaxing Disney Instrumental Music when you are in your Disney Resort Room, you may be interested to know that the WDW Today Channel (The channel that tells park hours and events - Channel 2) has completely different graphics and music now. The music is much more orchestral than before, and it is actually really nice. The graphics are HD, and they have some nice animations happening in the background. I made a capture of this channel when I was staying at a resort on Monday, and I've uploaded it to YouTube.

The music contains some great symphonic arrangements of many Disney Classics, and it even includes a pretty nice version of "For the First Time in Forever" from Frozen. There are also some nice arrangements of music from Fantasia as well as one of the songs from Impressions de France.

Awesome. Also, I guess for the time being, the Tower of Terror is the unofficial symbol of DHS right now.

nelsonj3

Original Poster
Awesome. Also, I guess for the time being, the Tower of Terror is the unofficial symbol of DHS right now.
Yeah. That is kind of strange. I didn't think about that when I watched it. I guess they're still not allowed to use the Chinese Theater as the symbol of the park due to licensing issues? Is that true?

Cmdr_Crimson

Yeah. That is kind of strange. I didn't think about that when I watched it. I guess they're still not allowed to use the Chinese Theater as the symbol of the park due to licensing issues? Is that true?

What's interesting is as it pans to the right you can see Earfile Tower like it's quickly saying..."OhheythereIwasarealworkingstudioandnowIlostandidenttityofwhoIreallyam"...Aw.....

SoupBone

I know this isn't "E-Ticket Attraction" Level News, but it is still news. For those of you who like to listen to the relaxing Disney Instrumental Music when you are in your Disney Resort Room, you may be interested to know that the WDW Today Channel (The channel that tells park hours and events - Channel 2) has completely different graphics and music now. The music is much more orchestral than before, and it is actually really nice. The graphics are HD, and they have some nice animations happening in the background. I made a capture of this channel when I was staying at a resort on Monday, and I've uploaded it to YouTube.

The music contains some great symphonic arrangements of many Disney Classics, and it even includes a pretty nice version of "For the First Time in Forever" from Frozen. There are also some nice arrangements of music from Fantasia as well as one of the songs from Impressions de France.

That's pretty awesome and a good hour of music to add to my collection. Sometimes, I like to just set it to something mellow and not skip around. This is perfect for that. Thanks.

FerretAfros

The cynic in me can't help but notice that the Nutcracker Suite (along with other Fantasia music and Sleeping Beauty) is in public domain, so Disney wouldn't need to pay royalties each time it plays on the endless loop. The remainder of the music is largely from newer films (post-Peggy Lee lawsuit), where Disney would have been more likely to include clauses for yet-to-be-determined into the original contracts. Coincidence?

nelsonj3

Original Poster
Here is another one for you... This is actually a new one to me. I had never seen it before Monday. The Vacation Club Preview Channel is new, and they're using a live host and a muppet-like character named Rob. It's actually pretty good. What do you think?

Cmdr_Crimson

Here is another one for you... This is actually a new one to me. I had never seen it before Monday. The Vacation Club Preview Channel is new, and they're using a live host and a muppet-like character named Rob. It's actually pretty good. What do you think?
It's an anything Muppet no doubt...

Cmdr_Crimson

Okay... I feel dumb, but what's an "anything muppet?"

An anything muppet or also known as a What-Not is a puppet that is a basic muppet that can be used in any skit from changing it's appearance with teeth, wigs, fur, eyes..Etc. Best example is classic Sesame Street..They also had a shop at FAO Schwartz where you could create your own ala Build a bear...At one point there were hopes that it would be coming to Stage 1 by Muppet*Vision but, it never happend..
muppet-design-whatnot-workshop-new-york-USA.jpg

Captain Chaos

Was at WDW last week when I noticed this change. I love it actually. Instead of falling asleep to the Must Do's, I fell asleep to this. Ahhh wish I was back already. December cannot get here quick enough.

Club34

That would be this one... :)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! that's it! you're brilliant!!! thanks so much. i'll be putting it on in the morning as i get ready for the day. unfortunately, i won't be walking out to catch a disney bus. :( its still a pick me up and helps me get through until november when i return home. so am i to understand the smooth jazz is gone at the resorts? that's a bummer. i always had it on. sometimes even when not getting ready for the day. :oops: when i was home last november, i think my travel party was ready to stab me in the head because of it. i got pretty militant about it.

edit: oh, so you recently posted this. i think the last time i looked for it was back at the end of winter when i was still have post-disney depression. there was only a crappy version of it. i'll keep an eye on your vids. thanks again, so much. really really cool. um, you know you're in charge of archiving these things now. just saying. :D

edit: sounds awesome on my phone. i'll have to rip it and get it as a ringtone.

Last edited:

nelsonj3

Original Poster
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! that's it! you're brilliant!!! thanks so much. i'll be putting it on in the morning as i get ready for the day. unfortunately, i won't be walking out to catch a disney bus. :( its still a pick me up and helps me get through until november when i return home. so am i to understand the smooth jazz is gone at the resorts? that's a bummer. i always had it on. sometimes even when not getting ready for the day. :oops: when i was home last november, i think my travel party was ready to stab me in the head because of it. i got pretty militant about it.

edit: oh, so you recently posted this. i think the last time i looked for it was back at the end of winter when i was still have post-disney depression. there was only a crappy version of it. i'll keep an eye on your vids. thanks again, so much. really really cool. um, you know you're in charge of archiving these things now. just saying. :D

edit: sounds awesome on my phone. i'll have to rip it and get it as a ringtone.

Actually, the good news is that this channel with the smooth Jazz is still there. The one I posted replaced the WDW Information Channel that was for the entire WDW Resort. The one you like with the smooth Jazz is the Your Disney Resort Channel, and it's still there. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom