New WDW Today Loop (Information Channel)

nelsonj3

Original Poster
I know this isn't "E-Ticket Attraction" Level News, but it is still news. For those of you who like to listen to the relaxing Disney Instrumental Music when you are in your Disney Resort Room, you may be interested to know that the WDW Today Channel (The channel that tells park hours and events - Channel 2) has completely different graphics and music now. The music is much more orchestral than before, and it is actually really nice. The graphics are HD, and they have some nice animations happening in the background. I made a capture of this channel when I was staying at a resort on Monday, and I've uploaded it to YouTube.

The music contains some great symphonic arrangements of many Disney Classics, and it even includes a pretty nice version of "For the First Time in Forever" from Frozen. There are also some nice arrangements of music from Fantasia as well as one of the songs from Impressions de France.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I know this isn't "E-Ticket Attraction" Level News, but it is still news. For those of you who like to listen to the relaxing Disney Instrumental Music when you are in your Disney Resort Room, you may be interested to know that the WDW Today Channel (The channel that tells park hours and events - Channel 2) has completely different graphics and music now. The music is much more orchestral than before, and it is actually really nice. The graphics are HD, and they have some nice animations happening in the background. I made a capture of this channel when I was staying at a resort on Monday, and I've uploaded it to YouTube. (Sorry that it starts in the middle of a song now... Youtube is still finalizing the edits I made).

The music contains some great symphonic arrangements of many Disney Classics, and it even includes a pretty nice version of "For the First Time in Forever" from Frozen. There are also some nice arrangements of music from Fantasia as well as one of the songs from Impressions de France.

I obviously have not watched the whole hour +, but the first three minutes looked and sounded great. Thanks for sharing.

nelsonj3

Original Poster
Beautiful graphics, layout and presentation (and some Beethoven never hurts). Looks like it's meant to be consistent with the MM+ graphics style on the apps and website.

I have to admit that one of my favorite aspects of MM+ was the new, consistent graphics for everything. Very clean and contemporary.
I agree. At least there are a few positive aspects of MM+. :) I really like the little details in this graphics (like the Mickey-Shaped steam coming out of the ship in the Typhoon Lagoon Pic).

cspencer96

This is beautiful. I've always thought of these channels as a weak spot, albeit one that not many notice. When Marriott and other large hospitality companies have refined their information offerings in-room, and all of the other guest materials look amazing at Disney Resorts now, the TV presence should look great too. Hopefully this will spread to the resort information channels, as well.

nelsonj3

Original Poster
On a full screen on a laptop, it looks like a screensaver - would be good if Disney could create one like this.

I thought the same thing. It really looks cool if I play it on my Apple TV connected to my big living room TV.
By the way, here is the most current "Must Do Disney" Show that I just recorded Monday if anyone is interested. There are a couple other versions of this year's show on YouTube, but they're all recorded with a camera and not directly captured.

Cmdr_Crimson

I thought the same thing. It really looks cool if I play it on my Apple TV connected to my big living room TV.
By the way, here is the most current "Must Do Disney" Show that I just recorded Monday if anyone is interested. There are a couple other versions of this year's show on YouTube, but they're all recorded with a camera and not directly captured.

Ohhhh Myyyy Stacy......
CATiCFSW4AAG3yZ.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom