New water-side restaurant 'Spice Road Table' coming to Epcot's Morocco Pavilion?

hpyhnt 1000

Press Release said:
Menu items will include zesty harissa chicken drumettes; a Mediterranean omelet with sausage, potatoes and caramelized onion; mussels with preserved lemons and tomato sauce baked in an earthenware tagine pot; Moroccan merguez sausage with a fresh tomato salad; garlicky jumbo shrimp in a spicy chile pepper sauce.

Curious to see what the "sausage" in the omelet will be - better not have pig in it. Moroccan Merquez Sausage is made from beef and/or lamb and is actually quite tasty.

Overall, sounds good and the building is coming along nicely, though I still have my doubts about crowd flow through the pavilion once this is complete.

hpyhnt 1000

We were there in Oct with construction walls up and it wasn't narrower then. It just took up the space of the old shop area and where the waterwheel feature was. It should be about the same width and the walkway shouldn't be narrowed.

Also, they have built a new stage for Morrocan across the walkway and it's back a bit so it won't be anymore restrictive than in the past.

Agreed that the new stage location is much better and less restrictive to traffic flow. I still think that the area by the new building is too narrow. On the other hand though, the narrowness and crowds will make the area feel more "Moroccan." ;)

dreamfinder

One would think it will be up by xmas, no?

I'd say yes and no. While they would love to get the profit from being open during the busiest time of the year, I'd hate to be a front line CM in a restaurant that has only been open for a week facing that crush. The things that can go wrong during opening would just be magnified. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't open til Jan 6th or later, give the crowds time to cool down.

Matt_Black

Curious to see what the "sausage" in the omelet will be - better not have pig in it. Moroccan Merquez Sausage is made from beef and/or lamb and is actually quite tasty.

Considering that in the past there has been a good amount of attention to detail in regards to accurately depicting Moroccan traditions (such as having mosaics instead of portraits and other art depicting people), I'd imagine that they'd have a non-pork sausage.

Rob562

The Merguez Sausage sold in the Morocco booth at the Food & Wine Festival is a beef & lamb mix. I wouldn't see any reason to change it.

-Rob

BoardwalkGlenn

image.jpg
The sign is up on the side of the building. Took this today. It wasn't there on Saturday unless I missed it.

Looked like some VIPs were checking out the work as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom