1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by wdwmagic, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Obobru

Obobru Member

If I hadn't been there and seen it I wouldn't be commenting on it. I am not like half the morons here who say they love or hate something when they haven't seen it. The show is dull it has some poor quality singers and is a poor attempt at shoehorning a few characters into a mediocre cruise ship style big band show. I can't comment on the other shows I haven't seen them and I don't see what relivance they are to my comment which was about a specific show not every show TDR have staged.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    Furiated, Ag11gani and SweetDuffy101 like this.
  2. Obobru

Obobru Member

Because you don't agree and most likely haven't seen the show anyway you label someone a troll? Shows what kind of person you are #idiotalert

Furiated and The Empress Lilly like this.
  3. rael ramone

rael ramone Well-Known Member

If they cared about 'capacity' from a ride/attraction standpoint they wouldn't be closing down TGMR and would put the Mickey ride in the Animation area instead...

It is meant to entice people to go. 'Here is a new offering that isn't a thrill ride, but a classy show for the whole family'. It won't drive attendance like SWL will or HP did for Uni. But it is certainly not 'filler'. They aren't going to build something like this on a new piece of land for something that would be classified by them as a 'distraction'. Whether it 'works' is another matter. (Though the more I think of it, it draws more people to Main Street, and more importantly to them, Main Street Plush).

4. DrewmanS

DrewmanS Well-Known Member

Tron will draw more people to an already crowded park. The theatre will provide extra capacity to the park without significantly increasing attendance. So, they are adding a "short" ride that will have a long standby line and a theatre with a shorter wait and longer show. I don't think its just a coincidence that both attractions are being added to the park. They offset each other from a capacity standpoint.

5. jt04

jt04 Well-Known Member

Diamond Horeshoe would help too.

6. EricsBiscuit

EricsBiscuit Well-Known Member

Diamond Horshoe is a hidden gem right now. They are a table service restaurant that serves family style like Garden Grille or Liberty Tree Tavern. I love the food there so much that we eat there several times annually.

7. Biff215

Biff215 Well-Known Member

Hope you're using DDP. The times I've checked it I was shocked at the price. I assume this exists primarily for free dining so there's an easier reservation to go drop a credit at.

Not sure this theater actually helps Main Street shopping unless they add some to the bypass. This is all about capacity which I'm fine with as long as the shows are good.

8. Next Big Thing

Next Big Thing Well-Known Member

As much as we want these things as fans, we have to take into account that park ops also needs these areas in order to do their jobs.

The East bypass they are able to theme up a bit and use frequently because they have so much extra backstage space behind that walkway... on the West side, they have very little space beyond the parking lot that you walk through. If you were to run hog wild, you'd end up in the Jungle cruise fairly quickly bc of how close it is.

9. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

That was Disneyland. Orlando was completed as planned.

10. BigDave

BigDave Member

This make sense. When we went to DLR and California Adv, the Aladdin Musical in Hyperion Theater was the last thing I wanted to do. But I was out voted and we went to it. What a great (and funny) experience. The theater was huge and so beautiful inside. Great way to escape the heat and could hold tons of guests (2,000/ show). This (and Tron) will help spread out the guests and hopefully reduce lines across the MK.

11. brb1006

brb1006 Well-Known Member

I disagree, I've seen worse shows.

12. Horizons83

Horizons83 Well-Known Member

Actually they do, they lead to TL. I've used this area frequently.

Communicore likes this.
  13. SpectroBro

SpectroBro Active Member

I use it everyday. To get behind COP and BUZZ you have to exit behind Starbucks and then walk through the parking lot.

14. Horizons83

Horizons83 Well-Known Member

I thought we were talking about the tunnels? The MO7 elevators or stairwell behind the cone shop drop you down to the tunnel that leads you to TL. Not sure exactly what your talking about.

15. peter11435

peter11435 Well-Known Member

The tunnel does run under the parking lot there, there is just no access from ground level in that area.

16. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

This section of utilidor was added in 1972-3.

17. Animaniac93-98

Animaniac93-98 Well-Known Member

While I'm glad it's back to being open every day, it really needs some kind of live entertainment. A band, singers, dancers, a comedy or magic act, at least one of those things.

For what they're charging, having diners stare at an empty stage is unacceptable.

18. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

Is there a show at the Golden Horseshoe at Disneyland? If there is I wasn't lucky enough to catch it while I ate there.

19. brb1006

brb1006 Well-Known Member

They brought back the Golden Horseshoe Revue in 2013 as part of "Limited Time Magic" at Disneyland but is still going.

It's still running at Tokyo Disneyland though but a bit different.

20. mikenatcity1

mikenatcity1 Well-Known Member

My map from 1963 has those areas included! I was shocked to see them when I bought the map (of course, Pirates and Mansion are also on there...years before the opened)