News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

BigDave

This make sense. When we went to DLR and California Adv, the Aladdin Musical in Hyperion Theater was the last thing I wanted to do. But I was out voted and we went to it. What a great (and funny) experience. The theater was huge and so beautiful inside. Great way to escape the heat and could hold tons of guests (2,000/ show). This (and Tron) will help spread out the guests and hopefully reduce lines across the MK.

brb1006

If I hadn't been there and seen it I wouldn't be commenting on it. I am not like half the morons here who say they love or hate something when they haven't seen it. The show is dull it has some poor quality singers and is a poor attempt at shoehorning a few characters into a mediocre cruise ship style big band show. I can't comment on the other shows I haven't seen them and I don't see what relivance they are to my comment which was about a specific show not every show TDR have staged.
I disagree, I've seen worse shows.

Mike S

While I'm glad it's back to being open every day, it really needs some kind of live entertainment. A band, singers, dancers, a comedy or magic act, at least one of those things.

For what they're charging, having diners stare at an empty stage is unacceptable.
Is there a show at the Golden Horseshoe at Disneyland? If there is I wasn't lucky enough to catch it while I ate there.

peter11435

The utilidor runs diagonally from approx center street to where the cast cafeteria is behind the Terrace. Then it runs under the buildings until it turns north near TL. So there is partial exposure but not very far INTO the parking lot.
Correct the tunnel does not go that far under the parking lot, but it does go far enough under to the site to make tunnel access from the new theater a relatively easy undertaking.

BenJacobs

Although there is space free in the cast member car park, I think they wouldn't do this, as it would feel a bit odd to just walk behind the buildings on Main Street, and I just get the feeling that it wouldn't fit well.

The two other options are relacing the Town Square Theatre(it may be kinda popular still, but they could set up a meet and greet elsewhere, and would they really have two theatres on Main Street?) or Tomorrowland Terrace(which is barely used as it's out of the way, nobody really knows about it).

No Name

Although there is space free in the cast member car park, I think they wouldn't do this, as it would feel a bit odd to just walk behind the buildings on Main Street, and I just get the feeling that it wouldn't fit well.

The two other options are relacing the Town Square Theatre(it may be kinda popular still, but they could set up a meet and greet elsewhere, and would they really have two theatres on Main Street?) or Tomorrowland Terrace(which is barely used as it's out of the way, nobody really knows about it).

People already have to walk behind Main Street when exiting the park on busy days. The new theater will help a ton with crowd flow.

Communicore

I completely agree! It amazes me when I look at the difference between DL and WDW. I am one that always said that Disneyland's productions are leaps and bounds ahead of WDW. I don't know if they just have a bigger talent pool than WDW.
But of course, everything is better at Disneyland, it's been that way ever since EPCOT Center turned to Epcot theme park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom