New Spiels On Walt Disney World Railroad

Castle Cake Apologist

Can you illuminate?

Like... with a description, or audio, or perhaps clarifying if it's been changed already and you've heard it and don't necessarily like it... or if you're just speaking of the inevitable future changes and how you MIGHT not like them?

This is probably the most vague thread of all time.

jjharvpro

Can you illuminate?

Like... with a description, or audio, or perhaps clarifying if it's been changed already and you've heard it and don't necessarily like it... or if you're just speaking of the inevitable future changes and how you MIGHT not like them?

This is probably the most vague thread of all time.

yeah. I agree. a little more?

captainkidd

Have they supposedly "killed" the attraction like the TTA ones? :rolleyes:

For the record, I think narration of an attraction plays a HUGE role. If they changed the WDWRR narration, I'd be very upset. I feel as though they did "kill" the spirit of the TTA with the new narration.

T-1MILLION

For the record, I think narration of an attraction plays a HUGE role. If they changed the WDWRR narration, I'd be very upset. I feel as though they did "kill" the spirit of the TTA with the new narration.

I agree. The narrative is a character in those types of rides. It would be like the nanny named fran hosting haunted mansion...very annoyingly scary but out of the atmosphere of the attraction. So I think these are legit concerns.

That being said, we need to have more information on it.

T-1MILLION

Is it just me or did the TTA turn into a giant commercial for everything in Tomorrowland.....:lookaroun

It has always been in a way, but you nailed it. It is now one without a connecting spirited theme of a sci fi future living city. Now it is listening to someone read park map like descriptions.

Hope that the WDWRR spiel is now not void of character, but I won't say I hate it till I hear the changes.

Pioneer Hall

All they did by changing the Peoplemover spiels was turn it back into the old attraction that it was prior to the Tomorrowland refurb in the mid 90's. This style of narration was exactly what WDW and DL had on their attractions, where it served as just a narrated tour through tomorrowland. So while some might not like it, you can't say they didn't go back to their roots on that one.

T-1MILLION

All they did by changing the Peoplemover spiels was turn it back into the old attraction that it was prior to the Tomorrowland refurb in the mid 90's. This style of narration was exactly what WDW and DL had on their attractions, where it served as just a narrated tour through tomorrowland. So while some might not like it, you can't say they didn't go back to their roots on that one.

They messed up though because the majority of Tomorrowland is still the 94 version. Its a big clash with a bland kind of straight forward narration where they are still going for this future city with a space rangers, a prison transport, a sci fi comedy club and Space Port travel. That 94 narration was fine with that concept as it was a ficitonal transportation that was a relaxing tour of the land in disguise with the theme.

Now as far as the narration goes its just meh. It was a wasted move.

Tom

Beta Return
I too am disappointed, or excited, about something that has happened, or may happen in the future, regarding a ride, show or mode of transportation at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

And I have a strong opinion about this ambiguous and undefined detraction or improvement.

!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom