New Spiels On Walt Disney World Railroad

captainkidd

That's your opinion, though. They think otherwise, as do I. :shrug:

Did you have a specific problem with the old narration? I doubt many did. So why change it?:confused:

It's one thing to replace an old ride or update the effects in an attraction. That's a necessity. I don't see replacing the narration of either of these 2 rides as something that will please more people than displease.

puntagordabob

I have no problem with the new narration.... and for those who do, take heart since it will obviously be having some changes in Febuary when Toontown Fair blinks out of existence.

Tom

Beta Return
I wonder why they would waste the time and money to change it now, when they're just going to have to change it again in a little over a month. :shrug:

aladdin2007

I wonder why they would waste the time and money to change it now, when they're just going to have to change it again in a little over a month. :shrug:

It sounds like it has been created to easily put in changes or additions. I dont think they are finished and wouldnt be surprised to hear a little music brought back into it, hopefully. Some tweaking is to be done most likely.

Did you have a specific problem with the old narration? I doubt many did. So why change it?:confused:

It's one thing to replace an old ride or update the effects in an attraction. That's a necessity. I don't see replacing the narration of either of these 2 rides as something that will please more people than displease.

They were bound to be changed at some point, though. With TTA, it was expected (at least for me) that they would add something to the spiel with the additions of SGE! and MILF. They couldn't have kept the same narration from ten years ago and apply it to Tomorrowland today; sure, it'd be nostalgic to listen to, but I don't think it'd fit.

That's not to say that I actually like the TTA's narration (I loathe it each time my mother wants to ride it), but that's aside the point. It has to change along with the land, whether it sounds lame or not.

As for the Railroad's narration, it's going to change drastically within the next year, and it's inevitable. I'm going to miss Poca and the miscellaneous details from the previous spiel, of course, but for (what I can assume is) a "test" of sorts, the new one isn't terrible, especially when compared to the TTA. I personally look forward to hearing what it'd sound like once they start wiping Toontown off of the map.

But that's just me. :shrug:

Skipper03

wdwtube has provided a great video with good audio quality of the new narration.

OUT WITH POCOHANTAS TIE IN AND IN WITH THE JACK SPARROW SYNERGY!

The big changes as expected were mentioning of the new fantasyland area in the works as well as managing to fit in jack sparrow.

The timing seems to need work yet.

here is a link to the video. http://www.wdwntube.com/2010/12/24/walt-disney-world-railroad-122310/

Overall nothing offensivly different. I have a feeling much of this one is temporary besides just the obvious fantasyland bit.

Personally, I am gonna miss the jungle music and noises when going into Adventureland.

Thanks for making this thread even worth looking at with the link!

SilentWindODoom

It seems all right, although being an infrequent guest I suppose my memory on the Railroad spiel is a bit foggy. I've always loved the attraction, taking a full circuit trip at least once every visit, and the visuals have always been well in my mind, but I can't remember too much of the spiel.

I am thankful to be rid of the Pocahontas moment. I've always found it painfully cheesy.

My only complaint is that the loading platform spiel plays during the Splash Mountain scene. I don't know if that has always been the case, or if anything can be done to rectify it, but this has always been one of my favorite parts of the ride, and being told that we are entering the station and how to disembark kinda ruins the mood of it. I know this is a far-back car the camera-man's sitting in, so it's expected to be a bit behind the curve, but this just seems to clash horribly.

T-1MILLION

running but inferior. for awhile at least they added back in paging mr morrow mr tom morrow (inside space mountain) then they took it away yet again. Makes no sense.

The change to the railroad spiel also makes no sense. Clearly they saw a reason to change it now and I am sure it was a legit convinient time to do for the purpose of promoting the new fantasyland attractions but if you think about it they just have to remove the newly recorded toontown fair information come febuary. The old spiel would of been fine until Feb 12th.

huntzilla

This is totally off topic but because the TTA was brought up. Is there anyway to get the source audio for the old TTA spiel because the only thing I have ever found was really bad quality youtube videos.

SeaCastle

This is totally off topic but because the TTA was brought up. Is there anyway to get the source audio for the old TTA spiel because the only thing I have ever found was really bad quality youtube videos.

To my knowledge, no source audio of the TTA has ever been leaked or released, though the first audio track of the 1994-2010 narration is out there.

There has been talk of getting the audio by using an induction microphone on the pylons to pick up the electromagnetic audio signal (whiich was done at Disneyland when they had a PeopleMover), but I don't think anything has come of that.

Frontierland CM

I've been reading this (pointless) thread, and the only thing I can say is I'd much rather be at WDW riding the train right now than typing this in the freezing cold state of Ohio.

Mad Stitch

I miss the We're Rolling soundtrack. I wish they would bring somthing fun like that back.

I just watched a video from when the WDW Railroad did one way trips between Main Street and Mickey's Starland during the construction of Splash Mountain. Rather unique to see it runnin in reverse to get to Mickey's Starland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom