New signage and Recycling bins at Epcot

Tiggerfanatic

If I remember correctly, I think there were 2 wastebaskets in our room at the Contemporary with a sign asking you to use one for your recycleable plastics.....

raven

Original Poster
They had 3 designs when I was down in July. I bought one to use as my purse carry on for my breakable purchases since my purse wasn't big enought. It was great. It folded back up easily and is in my suitcase waiting for my next trip.

The Disney Store also has a few designs in reusable bags. I bought the Nightmare before Christmas and Mickey ones.

I got the Mickey one as well. We ran out of them on our first shipment back in the spring because all of the CMs bought them!

raven

Original Poster
Recycling bins are now out in Future World East. The red sticker saying "Give It Back" has now been replaced with a simple, purple recycling sticker.

EPCOT.nut

Also, new retro-looking signs were placed on the central collums in each breezeway this morning marking directions to Future World West and East attractions. Sorry, no pictures though because I didn't have my camera with me.

Are these the signs that are supposed to be new? I kept thinking I hadn't seen them before but I wasn't entirely certain....

:confused::confused::confused:

2896610219_c53a7b8171.jpg

EPCOT.nut

Those are the ones. They've been around now for a week or so.

I think I was there maybe the day or so after they were put up. I walked up to these and ran my finger across the top and they were brand-spanking new clean.

:D

The ones on the other side advertised HISTA, of all things. :lookaroun:lookaroun That was disturbing but whatever. At least there are new signs.

:sohappy:

olmec26

I think I was there maybe the day or so after they were put up. I walked up to these and ran my finger across the top and they were brand-spanking new clean.

:D

The ones on the other side advertised HISTA, of all things. :lookaroun:lookaroun That was disturbing but whatever. At least there are new signs.

:sohappy:

HISTA? Of all the attractions on that side of Future World, they chose HISTA? Seems odd to me...

But something similar happened to me a few years ago...I left MK on a Wednesday night, went back first thing Thursday morning, and found that all the two-finger scanners that were there less than 10 hours ago had been replaced by one-finger scanners. That one took me by surprise!

raven

Original Poster
But something similar happened to me a few years ago...I left MK on a Wednesday night, went back first thing Thursday morning, and found that all the two-finger scanners that were there less than 10 hours ago had been replaced by one-finger scanners. That one took me by surprise!

You'd be surprised to see what they can do overnight!

RobnRachal

We just came back from the Food and Wine Festival and I'm so happy to hear they are being more proactive about recycle bins. When you have people who want to recycle and are not presented with any opportunities, it's very frustrating. We would usually end up hanging on to all our Dasani bottles till we found one....which sometimes took forever :veryconfu or till we got back to our hotel room (which had a bin for bottles) We spoke to a cast member (on Sanitation duty) and he said they had plans in motion to put more recycling cans next to garbage cans in the parks. Excited to hear that was accurate info. :sohappy: You know us Canadians....always happy to be recycling.

ewensell3

We spoke to a cast member (on Sanitation duty) and he said they had plans in motion to put more recycling cans next to garbage cans in the parks. Excited to hear that was accurate info. :sohappy: You know us Canadians....always happy to be recycling.

While I also appreciate recycling bins, if they are already processing all waste to separate out recyclables then all they really need are some signs on or near the trash cans stating such. Or maybe a blurb in the park maps.

Although separate bins tends to cut down on waste processing labor and help provide a cleaner product to the recyclers... If executed properly...

EPCOT.nut

HISTA? Of all the attractions on that side of Future World, they chose HISTA? Seems odd to me...

YEAH! That is why I was wrestling with them being new signs or not...naturally being the EPCOT-geeky-girl I took pictures...:D

But what on earth is up with HISTA? I couldn't stop laughing thinking who made that decision....'lesee...HISTA...YEAH THAT ROCKS!'

:lol:

WDWFigment

Maybe they want to direct more people to HISTA since it's waning in popularity to more properly disperse crowds? Sort of like the rationale for "surprise" FastPasses to Carousel of Progress? :shrug:

olmec26

YEAH! That is why I was wrestling with them being new signs or not...naturally being the EPCOT-geeky-girl I took pictures...:D

But what on earth is up with HISTA? I couldn't stop laughing thinking who made that decision....'lesee...HISTA...YEAH THAT ROCKS!'

:lol:

Haha, I would have taken pictures too!

HMF

Maybe they want to direct more people to HISTA since it's waning in popularity to more properly disperse crowds? Sort of like the rationale for "surprise" FastPasses to Carousel of Progress? :shrug:
What's the point if it's going to be replaced soon?:confused:

olmec26

You know, now that I think about it, it may actually make sense...

I assume they have three signs there like in the other breezeway. One is probably for Soarin' and another is probably for Nemo. It only makes sense to have something pointing to the other pavilion.

But then again, why didn't they just put "Imagination" on the sign?

It's all so very confusing. And only a choice few even care about it to disect the logic as I have. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom