News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I expect this to be added to the existing DVC. Until DVC decides to remove the restrictions to new resorts they need to expand the old ones and that leaves only the Grand, Poly and Copper Creek due to their length of time left. Reflections will be built but it is going to take time. Personally, I think DVC made a big mistake with the restrictions as have other timeshare companies. Restrictions on resale contracts lower the value of timeshares and the price the timeshare at retail.
Restrictions?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
…If true…that’s just typically more bad chapek.

“Hey…we built some of that DVC stuff…yeah…more of that.”

No where to put them…and then increase the price to go anywhere.

The line out front is gonna look like a Walmart on black Friday soon…with all those people in the dresses from the shop on Main Street.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
People who buy resale contracts at The Riviera can only use those points at The Riviera. However, people who buy resale at any of the other resorts can use them everywhere except The Riviera. There are also restrictions on all resale that mean no blue card and no discounts.
That’s what I thought you meant.

But how does adding anything to existing help? Every room is sold exponentially over again…it’s just more fish into a pond that doesn’t really work anymore.

Still gonna be Saratoga, okw and kidani…more angst.

From that perspective it makes more sense to restrict them.

Though I agree that the riviera restrictions are stupido…really awful idea.

floydbeatle

I like it more than I dislike it even though I agree with the vast majority of the criticism. All of the criticism has been stated nicely as always, so no need for me to dump more onto the trash heap. That being said the only thing that keeps me coming back regularly is DVC. DVC is my Galactic Starcruiser so there's that. I may never go to a park because tickets will be astronomical in a few more years, but at least I will have a room with a kitchen to stay at unencumbered (as of today) with any ridiculous restrictions.

I am resigned to the fact that as much as I dislike the direction of Disney they continue to be successful. Maybe we are all dinosaurs who are out of touch and Chapek is a brilliant CEO and we simply cannot understand his evil genius. ;)

pdude81

So it's slightly better than the first attept at a Poly DVC ...who needs a hotel room with 2 showers in it?

And if you going to build a new DVC?/ Maybe just that the blue Prints from the original DVC, now called Old Key West, and use that as the starting point, and just theme it to look like the original buildings at the Poly
Above edited for time/length.

Any family or couple with 2 or more adults could use two showers. With one of them being a tub, it's a huge help to families, similar to the Riviera studios.

As far as old key west goes, it books up about as quickly as Saratoga (last), and has way less points overall. More or less, nobody wants to stay there because it's spread out and the bus loops are annoying. Now if you want to build that here instead, you're talking about what.... 8 units? Bob wouldn't stir his coffee for 8 units.

Club Cooloholic

I have DVC and yet I will always say that what the DDP is to restaurants DVC is to lodging. Meaning both have caused higher prices with less actual variety and uniqueness. The menus have become much more similar over the years and the prices rose to justify the DDP(value). Similarly we have hotel towers that are starting to look more and more similar (room refurbs are also starting to do this) and the rack room prices keep going up to justify the "value" of buying into DVC(which is also getting more expensive).
I would say DVC has been even detrimental to the park experience. Wdw knows they have a captive audience so they can raise those prices and lower park hours, because what ya gonna do, you already are paying yearly dues to go on vacation at WDW .

Disstevefan1

View attachment 627156

If you saw this image out of context, you would have no idea this was part of the polynesian resort. This looks like all of the new "minimal" designs we see all over WDW.

I presume the "minimal" designs are the cheapest to build and maintain. Bobby C. loves that.

castlecake2.0

You mean it's going to end up with even a more generic design? Oh well, cheaper to build and cheaper to maintain...

Slap a label on it and call it the Poly...
The one image circulating does look very generic but a few pages back someone posted a better resolution which allows you to see some more detailing in the railings and wood work. I still hate it but this made me hate it a tiny bit less lol

ToTBellHop

Above edited for time/length.

Any family or couple with 2 or more adults could use two showers. With one of them being a tub, it's a huge help to families, similar to the Riviera studios.

As far as old key west goes, it books up about as quickly as Saratoga (last), and has way less points overall. More or less, nobody wants to stay there because it's spread out and the bus loops are annoying. Now if you want to build that here instead, you're talking about what.... 8 units? Bob wouldn't stir his coffee for 8 units.
People have indeed been whining about the spread out resorts for years. “I’m HOW FAR from the pool at Caribbean Beach?!?!”

So…towers.

FWIW, I appreciate single-building resorts in the summer at WDW.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The one image circulating does look very generic but a few pages back someone posted a better resolution which allows you to see some more detailing in the railings and wood work. I still hate it but this made me hate it a tiny bit less lol
The bon bini tower is the most generic thing built by Disney…ever…

It looks like it was built to overlook the mall at millennia

mm121

This is terrible. Hate all these oversized dvc building taking over existing resorts.

At this point they might as well just admit they only care about the rich. Just double or triple the ticket prices and let in half as many people so at least the parks would be enjoyable instead of packed wall to wall

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
People have indeed been whining about the spread out resorts for years. “I’m HOW FAR from the pool at Caribbean Beach?!?!”

So…towers.

FWIW, I appreciate single-building resorts in the summer at WDW.
That is correct…the layouts were always too much. Caribbean being the poster child…a logistics nightmare.

But I don’t think that’s the only reason they do this. It’s i’m sure much cheaper this way.

As far as the weather goes…remember the weather is significantly more extreme now than the 70s, 80s, 90s…

Hotter and every rain front is a damn typhoon.

Thanks for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom