News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

ToTBellHop

Imagine if they gutted the building only to put a spiritual successor to both Cranium Command and Body Wars in, related to Inside Out. But it would be silly to rip something out at Epcot only to replace it with basically the same thing.

I am shocked that this isn’t already the plan, like some of you mention. Inside Out is a tentpole and the IP actually makes sense here. So, naturally, Inside Out will go to DAK.

Brer Panther

I've said this before, but apparently Iger really wants to put Inside Out in the Imagination Pavilion, despite the fact that having it in Wonders of Life would make more sense.

Dragonman

I've said this before, but apparently Iger really wants to put Inside Out in the Imagination Pavilion, despite the fact that having it in Wonders of Life would make more sense.
Yeah Iger and D’Amaro were spotted taking a backstage tour of Imagination a while back but no concrete details about what it was for. Personally I’m in the camp of keeping Figment but revamping the ride to more of the original spirit, imo Figment is too big of an IP to be replaced.

Epcot82Guy

If they could only remove Joy from M&G's from imagination we could then stop this debate..

They removed most of the Joy from Imagination already... Why stop now?

Seriously, though - given the reception of other things at Epcot, a modern version of the original would seem to be a slam dunk. Leaving out the story aspect, the new Zootopia ride shows they can make fun dark rides with some decent sets and experiences. (Not saying it has to use the Rise ride system.). I feel like any "new" version they try to make is going to fall flat. It was an attraction that was closed too early. So, "remastering" (as best they can) would be huge for a much larger portion of the fanbase than people may think.

Swap the carousel out for a pre-show, have people board in the Dreamport and go from there. Add in an updated Imageworks hosted by Imagineering, and you have my new favorite pavilion.

Bocabear

They removed most of the Joy from Imagination already... Why stop now?

Seriously, though - given the reception of other things at Epcot, a modern version of the original would seem to be a slam dunk. Leaving out the story aspect, the new Zootopia ride shows they can make fun dark rides with some decent sets and experiences. (Not saying it has to use the Rise ride system.). I feel like any "new" version they try to make is going to fall flat. It was an attraction that was closed too early. So, "remastering" (as best they can) would be huge for a much larger portion of the fanbase than people may think.

Swap the carousel out for a pre-show, have people board in the Dreamport and go from there. Add in an updated Imageworks hosted by Imagineering, and you have my new favorite pavilion.
Isn't that essentially what they did that created the terrible mess they have now? Well no Dreamport, Imagination Institute instead, but the reduced footprint without the carousel is kind of where we are now... They need to not only keep Figment, but bring back Dreamfinder as well....and the Dreamport.... There is so much they could do with this pavilion....Imagination could really be expanded into it's own Land....

Epcot82Guy

Isn't that essentially what they did that created the terrible mess they have now? Well no Dreamport, Imagination Institute instead, but the reduced footprint without the carousel is kind of where we are now... They need to not only keep Figment, but bring back Dreamfinder as well....and the Dreamport.... There is so much they could do with this pavilion....Imagination could really be expanded into it's own Land....

Yes - that was my point. They removed the carousel, and it was a maintenance issue. I was saying if you replaced the carousel with a physical pre-show version of the Dreamfinder scene (with several similar rooms, ala Test Track). Then, you board the vehicle in the Dreamport scene. Then you go through a new version of the original attraction. That way, you could use the now-shortened track to recreate the original (though I think an expansion would be nice).

And I agree the rest of the Pavilion should be expanded and redone. They also should build some type of transition between IMAG and The Land, since you are literally going from World Celebration to World Nature.

Bocabear

I think they probably now have the technology to make the carousel work better....though the many times I rode it, I never saw a problem... It is sort of funny and sad that the once leader of creative and imaginative entertainment now cannot even update their own "Imagination" pavilion.
I would love to see them go back to the original design with newer technology and effects, and the full length attraction restored.

doctornick

As I’ve seen other’s suggest, you could probably do a trackless version and manage the carousel situation but just sending vehicles to different rooms and avoid that technical issue

Last edited:

Brer Panther

I've said this before, but if they're really so insistent on putting Inside Out in the Imagination pavilion, can't they just put it in the Magic Eye Theater? I think a show might fit the IP better than a dark ride anyway - unless they want to make it a book report, if they did a dark ride it'd just be scene after scene of the five emotions scattered around the control panel. That would make for a very boring dark ride.

OSUPhantom

Obviously this probably won’t constrain any actual ideas from WDI but given that WOL is now part of the “World Discovery” section I would imagine whatever goes there would be tech or innovation focused. I always wanted a weather pavilion but that seems like it would go in World Nature now.

ToTBellHop

I've said this before, but if they're really so insistent on putting Inside Out in the Imagination pavilion, can't they just put it in the Magic Eye Theater? I think a show might fit the IP better than a dark ride anyway - unless they want to make it a book report, if they did a dark ride it'd just be scene after scene of the five emotions scattered around the control panel. That would make for a very boring dark ride.
If they won’t change out the Pixar shorts, then I’d prefer what you suggest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom