New Parts For Potato Heads?

sum41914

New Tater Parts

My trip was awsome, very little to no crowds, but I have read elsewhere that there were some crowds at other parks, i guess we picked the right park for the right day. Well anyways down to business, Potato Head Parts.

Well, what can I say, the parts I got are awsome, I abosolutley love the Tinkerbell pieces and the pin lanyard. I got the majority of them.

I went to diffrent tater stations, I wasn't however able to find one in MGM, EPCOT and AK, I don't know if they don't have one or I wasn't looking hard enough, but when I got to the Magic Kingdom and went into County Bounty I was shocked at what I had seen, almost made me :hurl:. They put the My Little Pony piece in with the Potato Head Parts, I was so angry I looked saw what peices they had and left almost said some :mad: words and left. (Dont Worry about the rambling I give you a list after all this jargin (sp?)). I looked at my Pop Century parts and they only had a few of the new parts. But at last a visit to DTD and I got all the new peice with an exception of few that wouldn't fit :brick: .

So anyway heres a parts list for the parks:

MK
After digging through the My Little Pony Crap (heehee)
I found they had only the
New Goofy Hat
Pink Mickey Balloon

MGM
AK
EPCOT

Couldn't Locate a Tater Station

DTD
I got all my peices here.
Set of eyes with pirate eye patch on one
Mickey Mouse trick or treat decorative pumpkin
Disney pin trading lanyard
Disney Cinderella glass shipper on pillow
Popcorn container
Collectors Mug
Camera
Donald head hat
Donald blue hat
Donald Duck bill mouth/nose
Tink hair
Tink shoes
Tink wings
Little Mermaid Fins
Little Mermaid Hair
Disney Cruise Line Cap
Minnie Hat
My Pal Mickey

PC
Popcorn container
Collectors Mug
Camera
Donald head hat
Donald blue hat
Donald Duck bill mouth/nose
Disney Cruise Line Cap

Then I needed more teeth pieces and arms but for $18 I got alot of tater peices!

Your best bet is to buy your peices from the Once Upon a Toy store in DTD. The selection was awsome, and I guess they changed the find some parts at diffrent stores thing, but deffinately look for them at DTD. Best of all they have two separate stations one for Mr. Tater and the other for My Little Whatever.

Hope you can get all your peices!

~Sum

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Awesome! You rock!
Thank you so so so so much for compiling this list for us!
Were you able to fit all 18 new pieces into one box? I'm thinking I'm going to have to go for two boxes....the tink and ariel pieces look quite large.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to do this, and I hope your trip was excellent!

sum41914

I wasn't able to get the Donald Duck Bill and hat into my box, but my box however looked as if it were going to explode if anyone touched. I had both the tink nd ariel peices in there, I had the Pal Mickey on the little stick that goes into tater head, i found other peices that I could fit into the big peices, if you want to practice trying to stuff a box before you go (I did lol) use the tea cup ride bottom as the ariel bottom and maybe the gooy hat as an equal to the ariel hair, as for tink, the shoes are hollow on the bottom so you can shove some peices in there, the hiair once again is just as big as the goofy hat (the one with the green and the ears and says "Goofy" on it) The wings can bend to contour into the box, actually I think this was the easiest box I stuffed out of 5 since they started the Tater stations. I realy think I got a good deal for all my peices, including all extra eyes, arms and teeth, I figured out it was about .75 a peice for the 18.00 I spent, very good deal.

My suggestion for you is if you have a box from a previous trip use your old peices, such as the tea cup, goofy hat, and practice filling the box, I was actually a spectical in the Once Upon a Toy Store, I had parents and kids watching me as I stuffed my box, I was exceited when I finished, little sad I wasn't able to get the Donald parafaneilia (Sp?) from it tho.

Hope you get all the peices!!!!

~Sum

sum41914

This made me mad, afer looking for new parts on eBay look at what I found Click here for Golden Ears

They NOW have golden ears for the tater.

Since my next trip isn't until, well I don't I guess I will have to wait till I hopefully get my internship at Disney to get my Potato head some head bling.

~Sum

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
HECK YES!
Are you sure those are officially licensed Disney Mr. Potato Items? Or is it maybe something someone made. I mean, it does look offical and everything since it has that small sticker, but something about it just doesn't look right. You would think they would use the same mold as the other MMC ears, and just put gold plastic stuff into it instead of black.
I'm not ripping on you or anything, just speculating. I don't want to get my hopes up, just to be let down when we find out its not real.

But...if it is real....That would be AWESOME!

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Ok, so after a wee bit of searching, it does appear to be a real disney item!

:sohappy: :D :sohappy: :D :sohappy: :D :sohappy:

But, there are only four people selling them on ebay right now, and they all say its from CA.

Can anyone find out/confirm that WDW is selling them?

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Do you mean out as in "for sale" or out as in "sold out".
If you mean as in for sale, you will make me EXTREMELY happy.....I leave in 13 hours and will immediately go to DTD to get them!!!

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Just got back about 6 hours ago :(
Went to Once Upon a Toy, got two boxes full of parts (I had to get them all!). Unfortunately, they were out of the Donald Duck bill, and yes, the gold Mouse ears. Looks like my only choice is to pay 5 bucks for each on Ebay....I'm not a happy duck about that one.
I did get the last goofy head though, and the ponchos were on clearance for 1.99...I wonder if they are discontinued. They also had the original P.Head box on clearance for 3.99, about half off of the regular price!
I also asked around about the gold ears, but not one CM knew what I was talking about. (I hadn't seen your post yet, HebeJebe)
And last, on the Potato Head wall, they have new things, that a CM said came in just the day before I was there ( January 9th ). They are small boxes full of just random parts, and they are 4.00. There are three or four different types, and most were parts that had previously been released, so I already had them, but there was one box that was completly new. It was the "glam pack" and it came with accessories for the misses. It had pink earrings (never been released before) a visor (usually yellow or green) in a pink translucent glitter material, and purse (usually red) in teal, and a few other parts. For 4.00 it really was a great deal!
Also, about half of the postcard computers surrounding the display were out of order (bad show!) And, in order to accomidate the new parts, they scaled back on the NYC parts, they used to have the NYC Statue of Liberty crown and torch, mickey pretzel, subway map, and pizza, but now they just have the pizza, and a few random torches left.
I think that's it for the P. Head update! Lol.....my friends think I'm nuts (and so do all the CM's in the store, I told them all about my obsession!)
Thanks for listening to my ramblings!

sum41914

Glad to hear you had a great time and got all your peices, I too didn't get the Donald Bill, but im also missing the Captains Hat, Goofy head hat, and the Donald Hat, (Couldn't fit em) and have been looking on eBay and you can save on shipping some times if you buy all the parts you need from one seller. Also those prepacked bixes sound like a great deal and for only $4 then if you got like all the diffrent boxes you come out better then stuffing your own box, but only if you needed the parts. sounds like a good deal tho. When I read that the Ponches were on clearence i was like :eek: I paid $5 a peice for em, and everytime I put em on my Potato it ends up raining that day, kind of weird lol, like a Potato Weather Station. The NYC peices I actually picked up at the WoD store in NYC two December's ago, when I went to WDW last Decemeber I saw just a few of the peices.

Did you get a chance to stop by the County Bounty and see the monstrocity that is Build your own Potato/ My little Pony. lol

Oh Well, glad to see you had an awsome time, welcome back!

~Sum

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Yeah, I got the NYC parts in NY too, I love the baseball cap!
I didn't get to go into County Bounty, but I did see the monstrocity in Once Upon a Toy (at least there My Little Pony has it's own setup)
The 4.00 boxes aren't Disney parts, they are just everyday parts. And they don't have enough to fully dress 1 potato (most don't have ears or noses) their mainly accessories. I think they had the birthday box (with the same parts that is in the bag of birthday parts, minus the everyday stuff (eyes ears nose, etc)

So your potato head is the RainMan, eh? Lol...that's too funny.

sum41914

:sohappy: Star Wars/ Potato Head fans rejoice:sohappy: . Coming May 2006, R2D2 meets our friend of the spud kind, in Star Wars: R2-D2 Tater Mr. Potato Head!

Pics:

The Parts:
wizarduniverse_1889_46780412.jpg

The Potato all R2D2ed out:

wizarduniverse_1889_46751495.jpg

Notice the little blue thing, its a "Hologram" of the Princess Leah Tater. Looks like we're going to have some pretty fun, intergalactic unprocessed french fried adventures, in a distant galaxy far far away.

~Sum

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Awesome, Thanks! I guess I better get to watching these movies so I understand my spuds better.
How come the first two had cute names such as "Spud" trooper, and Darth "tater", and this one doesn't? They need to get on that!
This is officially what I want for Graduation! (Perfect timing too, seeing as it comes out in May!)

sum41914

Alright little Star Wars potato head update:

The R2D2 Potato head will be named R2-Potatoo (I think it pronounced Poe-tate-too). I hope they release it for Star Wars weekend, probably won't though. I know the spud trooper was released before December and when I went in December, the Star Tours gift shop had not one Spud Trooper. I will be there from May till January for the CP. Hope they are released.

Any new words on new Disney potato head peices yet? Maybe? Please! :)

~Sum

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
I like the new name! I never saw the last Star Wars PH down there, we went looking specifically for it in MGM too (I ended up getting it in Toys R Us Times Square), so I'm assuming the new ones won't be down there either.

I haven't seen/heard of any new parts though. I'm still missing two Donald Duck parts and the gold mouse ears.

You are waaayy to lucky to be down there for CP, you'll get the parts as soon as they're out!!!

Dizneluvr

Hey! I am new to this forum but i already love it. My language arts teacher miss busch LOVES Mr. Potato Head and this week is teacher appreciation week. I want to get her some parts from downtown disney but i'm in IL!:cry: Does anyone know of a website where you can buy the parts to make your own Mr. Potato Head? Please let me know ASAP!

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
I would say to try ebay - that's probably your best bet. Type in Disney Potato Head for the search, and a bunch of hits should come up.

Also, if you go to laughingplace.com, they have a store where you can buy the parts individually, but they are a bit overpriced.
Mainstreetmegastore.com might have parts too, but once again.....overpriced.

Try ebay, and see what luck you get.....I don't know if you'll get it shipped in time for this week though.

Welcome to the boards! And what a wonderful place for your first post!!!

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Sum....in your sig it says you'll be doing the Fall Advantage. Is that at WDW, and if so are you down there now?
We need a potato head update! Are the Gold Ears in stock in DtD?

Have fun down there! I'll be there the end of May!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom