New Parts For Potato Heads?

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Hi there
I am a huge Mr. Potato Head collector, and I had read a while back that in summer of 03 Disney was going to introduce some new parts for their Potato Head stations (where you can fill a box with as many parts as possible) but haven't seen them before today. I saw some for sale on Ebay, and have a partial list of about 12 items that are new. Can anyone tell me when these new parts came out? And, if it's possible, can you get a picture of the tower of parts for me?

I'm so antsy....I need to get these parts, but I don't know when the next time I'll be at WDW will be.:hammer:

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
I forgot to mention the 12 new parts:

1. Minnie Bride Veil
2. Mickey Groom Top Hat
3. Princess Hat
4. Star Wand
5. Glass Slippers
6. Goofy Hat
7. Suitcase
8. Mickey Safari Hat
9. Clock
10. Minnie's Red Bow
11. Cast member name tag "Potato Head"
12. A Mr. Potato Head sign.

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Also, I hate to be a nuisance, but if it's at all possible, could someone get me a complete list of the parts available in the Once Upon A Toy store in DTD?

Thank you so much in advance.:animwink:

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Thanks!!!!!
That would be great!
I just called my mom and told her we needed to go NOW! and she said that a friend of hers is going on Wednesday, and she'll ask them if they can fill a box for me.

Personally, that is the best thing to do in WDW. I fill a box every time I go and try to get as many parts in as possible. My personal record is 78....hehhehe I am really addicted.

Thanks again!

sum41914

yeah i was wondering about this too, if they were ever going to come out with new potato head parts i have all the peices since October 2003, But I WANT MORE!!!!:lol: imm going again in July i hope they come out with more i especially would like the CM name tage with potato head, because im a future CM!

sum41914

I emailed WDW last night and they sent me back this:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Here are the Potato Head pieces that we carry at Everything Pop (Disney's new Pop Century Resort).
Keep in mind that this is by no means the complete Potato Head selection -- Once Upon a Toy at
Downtown Disney would have everything.

Mickey Mouse balloon
nametag
video camera
glasses
right arm
left arm
teeth
mouth w/smile
four styles of eyes
safari hat
Santa hat
Goofy hat
Sorcerer MM hat
mouse-ear hat
bride MN hat
groom MM hat
sandals w/feet
Mickey shoes
Minnie shoes
autograph book
MM premium ice cream bar
WDW entrance ticket
suitcase
Mickey clock
red & yellow earrings
yellow mouth
toupee
white bow-tie
moustache
pink ears
red & yellow noses

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
That's funny. When I contacted them they told me that they had no clue about what I was talking about.

Hrumph.

I also found Mickey's yellow shoes (to add to my list)

sum41914

omg you have no idea how much more anticipation this brings to my summer vacation trip. I made my own Mr. PH now this time im going to make a Ms. PH. When i come back this time i want to bring Mr. PH and put him in my window and Im going to make a sign like "Looking for the special Spud" then im going to have them get married, then they are going on there honey moon to where else but WDW. Im staying at the PC so this should make an interesting window display. Im also think about taking their picture on the rides like Honeymoon pictures. OMG OMG OMG im kind of scaring my self :lookaroun . I really want the bride and groom ears and also the mickey and minnie shoes.

sissa216

That made me so mad!! I bought a box in November, and they didn't have nearly as many Disney-type pieces. I had rom to spare, and had to waste it on the more boring pieces, like normal shoes.
Its really cool though that they're expanding it. I saw the newest pieces a few weeks ago. They're really cute!!

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
On his arm, I think. I've seen pics on Ebay.

I actually sewed my potato heads a veil and wedding gown and was the "photographer" for their wedding, and took pictures of them. I've also sewn evening gowns, tu tu's etc

I have over 1000 different parts, and I play with them all the time. In fact, I'm integrating them right now into a project for a (college) art class I'm in.

Freaks unite!!!

alice

Originally posted by sum41914
omg you have no idea how much more anticipation this brings to my summer vacation trip. I made my own Mr. PH now this time im going to make a Ms. PH. When i come back this time i want to bring Mr. PH and put him in my window and Im going to make a sign like "Looking for the special Spud" then im going to have them get married, then they are going on there honey moon to where else but WDW. Im staying at the PC so this should make an interesting window display. Im also think about taking their picture on the rides like Honeymoon pictures. OMG OMG OMG im kind of scaring my self :lookaroun . I really want the bride and groom ears and also the mickey and minnie shoes.

ahhhhhhh you people are scaring me!!!!!! you are crazy....about potato heads!!!! no i'm teasing, i'm glad you are so passionate about this. i'm sure your window display will be precious. you'll have to take a pic and use it as your avatar or post it in the album. we printed out the little picture of the ph that we "built" on the computer at once upon a toy, but we didn't buy one. all this discussion has made me want to collect them too. i'll have to pick some up when we go next month. yay! i would play with them too!:sohappy: i do already have one from a happy meal or something, it does little flips...does that count as one? yay! i have one!

sum41914

I went to WDW in October and when i went we made our potato heads like I said before but since we've been back we have been arguing about what this peice was it looks like a gas mask. Can anyone varify it. I checked it on the list WDW sent me and it doesnt say Gasmask?
100%5F1510.JPG

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Your link is not working for me, but I have one too so I'll have to say:
Yes, It is a gas mask.
It has two circles on either side, and two pegs in the back to go in the mouth and nose holes. It's supposed to go with the fireman, or constuction worker. Why disney would have a part like that is beyond me.

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
I have one more part to add to my list.

A Rock N Rollercoaster Guitar,

It's red and white just like the giant on outside of the attraction building.

These parts are getting me so excited!

Now all they need is a Cinderella or other Disney Princess Dress, or some red shorts like Mickey's, etc.

Disney....if you're listening...keep expanding!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom