Rumor New Orleans Mini-Land and "Reimagined" Country Bear Jamboree

wdwfan22

But more than anything, this points out that your feelings are out of touch with today. While you say that TV and late night TV are not funny, there are some very wealthy entertainers that would beg to differ with you. The idea of comedy has changed, it is just that you have not kept up with it.
I disagree with you. Society as a whole is softer today. Everyone is offended by everything. If the Country Bear Jamboree was re-made today, most of the current show wouldn't be included as it would be considered offensive to some.

Walt Disney1955

But more than anything, this points out that your feelings are out of touch with today. While you say that TV and late night TV are not funny, there are some very wealthy entertainers that would beg to differ with you. The idea of comedy has changed, it is just that you have not kept up with it.

So what sort of comedy - today - is funny? It is so structured, so preachy..................

Last edited:

Walt Disney1955

I disagree with you. Society as a whole is softer today. Everyone is offended by everything. If the Country Bear Jamboree was re-made today, most of the current show wouldn't be included as it would be considered offensive to some.

I could start a thread on just how disastrous a Country Bears theme would be with modern Disney. They wouldn't know charm or comedy if it bit them in the face.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It shouldn’t be too hard to tell the difference.
One day tickets shouldn't be $169, either. But there we are.
1683550800758.png

This has been an interesting read for me. I never really had much attachment to the Jamboree, even as a child.

Would hate to see Frontierland disappear. The time the gun at the shooting gallery was broken and kept giving me free shots will never fade from memory.

On the other side, I always felt much attachment to Sleepy Hollow, which I realize is obscure. My father, back in the 80s-90s, would always stop there for a coffee at the end of the night before our 2 hr drive home.

doctornick

More specific to the topic at hand here, I could see some arguing (for example) that "blood in the saddle" could be a trigger who people who have been victims of violence or something like that and should be removed. But I'd be surprised if really all that many people who have suffered real trauma are actually bothered or offended by it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ilovetotravel1977

What if Thunder Mountain were the first part of the new expansion with a complete new Western theme town as you move around it... Crossing the train tracks much like they did with Hong Kong Disneyland expansions....Geyser Gulch... it could be pretty spectacular and no one would miss Frontierland proper... Especially if they moved the Country Bears with it in a new theater....And did a Louis Jazz Review show in the old Country Bear theater... Not that they would invest the money in the park at this point... seems like those grand dreams are behind us now...
He talks about BTM in the video

In the Parks
No
Wow that was amazing! I was there in 1972...brings back a lot of memories... Pre-Space Mountain, Pre-Pirates... And in it's youth it was still so beautiful...Saddest was seeing how beautiful the entrance to Tomorrowland was...
It's interesting to see the Country Bears Animatronics in such great condition. Notice that Henry imitates the Five Bear Rugs playing their instruments as he names them (he does some air banjo, air violin, air washboard, air harmonica, and air "thing"). I believe only the only one of those he imitates now is very slightly the banjo and maybe the "thing."

This effect is still completely functional in Tokyo's Country Bears, by the way!

celluloid

It's interesting to see the Country Bears Animatronics in such great condition. Notice that Henry imitates the Five Bear Rugs playing their instruments as he names them (he does some air banjo, air violin, air washboard, air harmonica, and air "thing"). I believe only the only one of those he imitates now is very slightly the banjo and maybe the "thing."

This effect is still completely functional in Tokyo's Country Bears, by the way!

And they still do the season overlays too.

To think we got a Christmas overlay of that caliber, just because it was the season. No extra charge or party ticket required.

Not to mention The Mile Long Bar animations to watch after exiting and dining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom