Rumor New Orleans Mini-Land and "Reimagined" Country Bear Jamboree

Bocabear

What if Thunder Mountain were the first part of the new expansion with a complete new Western theme town as you move around it... Crossing the train tracks much like they did with Hong Kong Disneyland expansions....Geyser Gulch... it could be pretty spectacular and no one would miss Frontierland proper... Especially if they moved the Country Bears with it in a new theater....And did a Louis Jazz Review show in the old Country Bear theater... Not that they would invest the money in the park at this point... seems like those grand dreams are behind us now...

nickf456

Some thoughts on this while the rumor is hot:

While as a theme park history fan I'd be very sad to see Frontierland go by the wayside, it'd make much more sense thematically to have Frontierland become a New Orleans street or breezeway, as that'd make a much more seamless transition over to TBA when it opens and would honestly be a great transition over from Liberty Square. One thing I just hope they do is maintain the charm of Country Bear Jamboree, even if they are going to do a new version. As for the existing expansion, I think Big Thunder Mountain will fit nicely into a southern land expansion, which I almost see as a spiritual successor to the original Frontierland. The villains land has been so long overdue, and if its greenlit, I'm extremely excited to see what comes about of it!

James Alucobond

Count me in the bucket of folks who wouldn't mind seeing this happen. But...what's the validity of this rumor?
I mean, it’s almost exactly what was presented in the blue sky plans plus slightly more New Orleans. Many on this board have suggested a very similar arrangement to make sense of the space. Knowing the source video, it is likely a guess.

James Alucobond

I’m not convinced that WDW is going to spend extra money to re-theme an existing area for our benefit…. How will it make the money back? If the answer is it won’t, then they won’t do it. Imo of course… rumor busted
To me, if the blue sky plans pan out, it does make some degree of sense because Pecos Bill would likely be rendered redundant by the southwestern fare that I assume they would rather put in the Encanto / Coco plaza. Also, if we're going after problematic characters, Pecos Bill is way more of an issue than the Br'ers.

This is also why I think it's just a guess. It's a pretty straightforward way to redesign the area if things proceed as Disney already suggested.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom