New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

mikeh

Are they actually adding more narration to the show? Why? I thought that the few lines in the beginning were pretty self-explanatory...

While the narration early in the show is self-explanatory, the actual show itself isn't. Very much like Illuminations.

Opinion: It works for Illuminations simply because there is awesome pyro and musical score. While the music in Rivers is very nice, it's not enough to sustain the show. They'll do well with at least a little nudge here and there to try and tie what you're seeing into the story that you should be experiencing.

mikeh

Just look through this thread. The fan base anticipation is like a rollercoaster ride. Hopes raised. Hopes dashed. Every glimmer of opening hope is jumped on.

And that's a problem due to the reasons you posted. It has to deliver. But will it? Or will anything after such a long wait be accepted as the best possible?

Might make sense to "hide" the show behind Pandora

PaisleyMF

They need this to open before Avland. The park needs it open beforehand.
Think this, The View (ABC) will be at Animal Kingdom (Maybe live, maybe recorded) March 7 to the 10th. Would it make sense that week may also be a Media event, and that is why they are holding RoL?

Jeremy Geertsema

Very interesting: Mark Daniel, the guy who does voice announcements, the parks live streams and some other Disney video media things, posted this on twitter and Instagram. Maybe he's doing announcements or something? Getting closer?

Attachments

• IMG_2110.jpg
    IMG_2110.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 284

jrhwdw

Very interesting: Mark Daniel, the guy who does voice announcements, the parks live streams and some other Disney video media things, posted this on twitter and Instagram. Maybe he's doing announcements or something? Getting closer?
Someone asked about his pic(wasn't me), apparently his mouth is closed! So no help yet!

Jeremy Geertsema

The other pins said Spring 2016 so I think we're on to something!!! :)
that's what I was thinking too! He responded with a lip sealed emoji. So if his lips are sealed, then he must've done something! He could've just been wearing the pin for fun, but if your lips are sealed, then it seems like he knows stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_2111.jpg
    IMG_2111.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 153

indyumd

that's what I was thinking too! He responded with a lip sealed emoji. So if his lips are sealed, then he must've done something! He could've just been wearing the pin for fun, but if your lips are sealed, then it seems like he knows stuff.

I know we can't really assume anything with this show, but is there any chance its NOT a nightly show? I'm trying to plan a Spring Break trip and I have no idea how to plan my evenings because the park hours are super short and I have no idea what the nighttime entertainment options are going to look like.

prfctlyximprct

I know we can't really assume anything with this show, but is there any chance its NOT a nightly show? I'm trying to plan a Spring Break trip and I have no idea how to plan my evenings because the park hours are super short and I have no idea what the nighttime entertainment options are going to look like.
All I can offer is don't plan around this. No one knows. Don't jeopardize any of your other plans for something that might be possible.

Magic Feather

When it opens, it should be nightly. There is a chance of an initial test and adjust period, but at this point, when it opens, it opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom