New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

brb1006

I acctually meant how long are the heads used before they have to be replaced with new heads. But 28 years is a long time, I definitely think it was time for the update.
That answer can be a bit difficult to explain. I remember seeing old footage from WDW and Disneyland from 1988 that still used the 1978 heads but sometimes showed the then new heads which started rolling out sometime in late 1988 (If I remember correctly WDW) but 1989 was more noticeable since you no longer see the previous heads.

I can tell this since the Mickey's 60th Birthday Parade from 1989 contained the Jack Wagner voice for Mickey and Minnie which was common from there previous designs. But that would also be the last time they were heard since the show Minnie's Birthday Surprise was the earliest use of Wayne and Russi Taylor's Mickey and Minnie voices.

And yes Jack Wagner voiced various Disney characters at WDW and DL and some Disney specials back in the 80's including Minnie (Which was speed up).

That's what I think, any head rollout for any Disney character is a bit hard to explain and varies for each park.

jrhwdw

That answer can be a bit difficult to explain. I remember seeing old footage from WDW and Disneyland from 1988 that still used the 1978 heads but sometimes showed the then new heads which started rolling out sometime in late 1988 (If I remember correctly WDW) but 1989 was more noticeable since you no longer see the previous heads.

I can tell this since the Mickey's 60th Birthday Parade from 1989 contained the Jack Wagner voice for Mickey and Minnie which was common from there previous designs. But that would also be the last time they were heard since the show Minnie's Birthday Surprise was the earliest use of Wayne and Russi Taylor's Mickey and Minnie voices.

And yes Jack Wagner voiced various Disney characters at WDW and DL and some Disney specials back in the 80's including Minnie (Which was speed up).

That's what I think, any head rollout for any Disney character is a bit hard to explain and varies for each park.

What's weird is on some videos on YT, from that Era, the 90's heads was in the
All America Parade and the 80s heads were in Meet and greets?????

Last edited:

brb1006

What's weird is on some videos on YT, from that Era, the 90's heads was in the
All America Parade and the 80s heads were in Meet and greets?????
I remember seeing this video which used the 90's heads that still contained Jack Wagner's Mickey and Minnie voices which while fitting for there previous design feels so unfitting if your used to Wayne Allwine's Mickey voice.

Also it's so weird to watch older WDW and Dl shows from the 80's since this was before the Disney characters started bobbing there heads when they spoke (Which didn't started becoming very common until the mid to late 1990's) as seen in this video.

Last edited:

peter11435

I remember seeing this video which used the 90's heads that still contained Jack Wagner's Mickey and Minnie voices which while fitting for there previous design feels so unfitting if your used to Wayne Allwine's Mickey voice.

Also it's so weird to watch older WDW and Dl shows from the 80's since this was before the Disney characters started bobbing there heads when they spoke (Which didn't started becoming very common until the mid to late 1990's) as seen in this video.

Jack Wagner did the announcements but he was not the voice of Mickey or Minnie.

Cmdr_Crimson

TDO is to lazy to role them out. I will speculate it will finally happen sometime this Summer. After all WDW and Tokyo are the last two resorts left that still uses the soon to be old heads (Which debuted in 1988/89 or as early as 1987).

Especially since Paris recently gotten the new heads.

Also the Disney on Ice shows are still using them as well..I do wonder how well they be for Fantasmic eventually.

tathompson87

There was a time when Disney on Ice was using 1970 Mickey and 1990 Minnie in the same show. Hopefully they don't get that careless this time but you never know.
Capture+_2017-03-02-10-31-24.png

Cmdr_Crimson

Last edited:

brb1006

There was a time when Disney on Ice was using 1970 Mickey and 1990 Minnie in the same show. Hopefully they don't get that careless this time but you never know.View attachment 192118
I remember seeing an old commercial that featured Jack's Mickey voice and Russi's Taylor's Minnie voice while containing also having the old heads. If I remember correctly, it was a PSA about making sure you buckle up. I seen the commercials years ago on Youtube but I'm not sure if it's still available or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom