News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Storm

Aslong as the room prices for AoA and All Star dont go up too much because of it , this is a good thing and it'll help with transportation as the busses seem to always be full and are really limited as of their destinations

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Which hot countries are they using this cable in already? I couldn't find anything pine about its use in hot climates. Thanks

I don't know about this cable specifically, but they have built system in Vietnam and Macao to name two, so they have hot climate experience.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Aslong as the room prices for AoA and All Star dont go up too much because of it , this is a good thing and it'll help with transportation as the busses seem to always be full and are really limited as of their destinations
Shouldn’t have a major impact on All Stars, but AoA...that could be a different story.

Cosmic Commando

I love how every single detail is a new potential point of failure! The -40 degree temperatures and -60 degree wind chills at ski resorts are probably more stressful for the plastic in the rope than 100 degree heat. The site said that the rope with plastic is especially recommended for systems with long operating hours. People have thought of these things. It'll be fine.

Obobru

There are many plastics that take extreme temperatures just fine. Florida climate is not going to melt the cables.
Obviously I wasn't talking about the cables melting, that's foolish. From the technical documents on the website posted this plastic is a filler to make the rope smoother therefore it's a filler of sorts between the metal. As such my question was pertaining to the durability of this in a heat situation but also a constant use situation, not one person has provided a single piece of useful info on this type of cable being used in a hot climates or a constant use situation. What people have posted it how this company has built systems in other countries or other equally repetitive comments that have nothing to do with my post.

So for more clarification, does anyone know of this plastic treated cable type being used in a high use system like Disney will have in a similar climate? No I am not asking what hot countries countries gondolas are used in nor systems that are operated 365 days a year I am asking which systems use this cable in those situations.

Minthorne

So for more clarification, does anyone know of this plastic treated cable type being used in a high use system like Disney will have in a similar climate? No I am not asking what hot countries countries gondolas are used in nor systems that are operated 365 days a year I am asking which systems use this cable in those situations.

Yes, someone knows.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Obviously I wasn't talking about the cables melting, that's foolish. From the technical documents on the website posted this plastic is a filler to make the rope smoother therefore it's a filler of sorts between the metal. As such my question was pertaining to the durability of this in a heat situation but also a constant use situation, not one person has provided a single piece of useful info on this type of cable being used in a hot climates or a constant use situation. What people have posted it how this company has built systems in other countries or other equally repetitive comments that have nothing to do with my post.

No, I can not offer that, but what difference does it make?

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I would guess the company selling the product (whose professional reputation is on the line in a high profile install) and the multi-billion dollar corporation buying the product would have looked into if the product was compatible with the Florida weather or not. Why would either side want to install something that is not necessary for the end product if it wasn’t compatible? Common sense tells us it probably is.

lazyboy97o

What portions of EN 10264-3 and ANSI B77.1 do you find insufficient for Florida?

flynnibus

Premium Member

I'd wager on the PEs on the job whose job it is to sign off on the design and materials used before I'd back someone on the internet whose sole point is "do you think anyone has thought of this?"

Yes, I'm pretty sure the licensed engineers have considered the materials in use.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom