News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Goofyernmost

In my opinion, it seems to me that even though Disney realizes that the gondola's will be a novelty, for a while, they are going to classify them as a utility, because then all the costs can be a deduction I believe and never considered a revenue producing commodity. Just my opinion, I don't know how that works exactly, but, it seems obvious that they are going to be looked at as a utility, like the buses. No need to paint a utility, its a worker not a show piece. Paint the areas that they think will clash with the show and the rest will just be left raw.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
In my opinion, it seems to me that even though Disney realizes that the gondola's will be a novelty, for a while, they are going to classify them as a utility, because then all the costs can be a deduction I believe and never considered a revenue producing commodity. Just my opinion, I don't know how that works exactly, but, it seems obvious that they are going to be looked at as a utility, like the buses. No need to paint a utility, its a worker not a show piece. Paint the areas that they think will clash with the show and the rest will just be left raw.
Aren’t the buses painted?

Goofyernmost

Aren’t the buses painted?
Yup, externally and that would make a logical connection with the Gondola's themselves, however the drive train and undercarriage is not painted and those parts would be the towers and cables of the Gondola's. In those two respects that are the same and they are utility items.

halltd

The monorail beams aren't painted, the roads aren't painted. Why waste money on initial painting and eventually repainting a bunch of towers? It's not like painting them will make them invisible. They'll still look like metal poles with rollers mounted on them. No matter what you'll have a gray cable running from tower to tower.
Some of the beams and pylons are painted...and they look way worse than the plain concrete ones.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The monorail beams aren’t ... and they are butt ugly!
Some of the beams and pylons are painted...and they look way worse than the plain concrete ones.
I’m not suggesting the towers should be painted. I think they look fine the way they are and I agree the monorail beams don’t need paint...maybe just a good cleaning.
The monorail beams aren't painted, the roads aren't painted. Why waste money on initial painting and eventually repainting a bunch of towers? It's not like painting them will make them invisible. They'll still look like metal poles with rollers mounted on them. No matter what you'll have a gray cable running from tower to tower.
I never said painting them would make them invisible. Not sure where you got that from.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
long enough
images(23).jpg

nace888

I ...find the gondola setup interesting. As much as I love the monorail, we can all agree that the gondola will be much easier to add onto... wonder what the CM costume will look like for the Skyliner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom