News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No they won't:
View attachment 291458
The first nights on that calendar can already be booked, but they don't appear to have loaded the standard rooms into inventory yet for those dates. I'm sure they're coming, though. You can book a pool view at Pop for the earliest of those dates for $5 more per night. Those can be booked right now.
You are really banging this drum, huh?

Looking at those prices there would still be sub $200 rooms available after the increase.

Goofyernmost

Or foolish I am going with foolish ,were are the one”s with lightnig rods ? Oh i forgot, The whole thing is a lightning rod. And florida is the third Place there is the most Lightning! Lets get in line now kids”
Do you even know what lightning rods do or how they function. You really should look it up, because it is a safety feature not a death sentence.

Last edited:

OG Runner

Okay, time for some stupid speculation, but honest questions. How are they going to deal with the heat, without AC?
I know venting was mentioned earlier, but on day when it is 95 degrees outside, venting is not going to help much.
In conjunction with that question, what happens if the system stops for even a short period. We have all heard about
what can happen to people in a hot car, now we put 6 or 7 other passengers in that hot car without. Finally, if those
are the way the gondolas are going to be mounted, was any thought in to the glare that will be coming off of them?
They are supposed to travel over some roads, aren't they?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Okay, time for some stupid speculation, but honest questions. How are they going to deal with the heat, without AC?
I know venting was mentioned earlier, but on day when it is 95 degrees outside, venting is not going to help much.
In conjunction with that question, what happens if the system stops for even a short period. We have all heard about
what can happen to people in a hot car, now we put 6 or 7 other passengers in that hot car without. Finally, if those
are the way the gondolas are going to be mounted, was any thought in to the glare that will be coming off of them?
They are supposed to travel over some roads, aren't they?

The issue with heat has been rehashed many times in this thread. The upshot: Passive ventilation of a vehicle traveling about 13 mph creates enough of a 'breeze' (like you're coasting on a bike). You don't have direct sunlight on you like you when you are walking around the park (how do people survive that?!). If you can survive in a bus queue in the heat, you can survive in a gondola which will only be one to two degrees warmer than ambient air.

As far as glare... no more so than vehicles passing directly over your line of sight on a bridge/overpasss.

OG Runner

The issue with heat has been rehashed many times in this thread. The upshot: Passive ventilation of a vehicle traveling about 13 mph creates enough of a 'breeze' (like you're coasting on a bike). You don't have direct sunlight on you like you when you are walking around the park (how do people survive that?!). If you can survive in a bus queue in the heat, you can survive in a gondola which will only be one to two degrees warmer than ambient air.

As far as glare... no more so than vehicles passing directly over your line of sight on a bridge/overpasss.

Thank you, I do appreciate the response.(honestly) I am glad I can count on a nice, humid, 97 degree breeze.(a little sarcastic)

Bender123

And a one way trip on these things is going to be like three to five minutes...Its not like we are talking about spending 25 minutes in these things. Im constantly amazed at how these questions keep coming back up.

danv3

Thank you, I do appreciate the response.(honestly) I am glad I can count on a nice, humid, 97 degree breeze.(a little sarcastic)

Lack of AC is a legitimate concern. I don’t know why it’s being dismissed so facetiously on this thread.

An exec from a competitor of Dopplemayr was quoted earlier in this thread as noting temps inside their cabins are 1.5 degrees hotter than outside and that they continue to work on the possibility of AC in cabins.

When it’s 95 degrees out, a 96.5 degree gondola isn’t going to be appealing to guests (who will be paying extra for the privilege). But try to discuss that here and all you all get are jokes about baking and alligators.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom