New Fast Pass Testing at Splash Mountain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonaldDoleWhip

I live in Texas and the theaters around here do not allow outside food in. When I was stationed in California the theaters there did. I remember people bringing whole pizzas in the movies with them...:ROFLOL:

I did get "caught" here once...we had bought the kids some candy at the candy store in the mall and we were not allowed to bring it in the movies when they saw the bags from the candy store. I "ran" it back out to the car....well I stuck it in the pockets of my coat and returned and entered the movies :) Of course I stilled had to buy $20+ of popcorn and sodas :ROFLOL:

I am a rule breaker but I am not immoral for doing that IMO. :)
I'm happy for you that you are comfortable with being a rule-breaker. I was raised to see rule-breaking and wrong/immoral in the same vein, even if the rule makes no sense.

Instead of people in this thread telling me that I'm a rule-breaker for doing something that Disney's employees have permitted and encouraged for years, I'd be happy to see the policy officially change. I expect it to change soon, just as a CM told me on Sunday. Until then, there's not much that annoys me more than receiving what I consider to be an insult to my character, even if it is online or anonymous. And the fact that other posters can take joy in riling other people up is shocking to me. I'd never do something partly to gain enjoyment out of someone's frustration, but I guess internet anonymity will do that (not referring to you).

Krack

I honestly think it's silly that using a fastpass outside of the return window is being compared to disgraceful, immoral actions. If it's so wrong, then tell the CM's to say it's wrong. Change the policy, and then it's wrong. Until then, why should I feel guilty?

Because you know it's wrong and you shouldn't have to have someone in authority scold you once before you start following rules.

DonaldDoleWhip

Because you know it's wrong and you shouldn't have to have someone in authority scold you once before you start following rules.
I don't think it's wrong, because CM's wouldn't be allowed to encourage guests to do something that's wrong. And clearly it's not as black-or-white as you imply if so many people see no problem in using FP late. Again, I don't pool hop, I don't re-use mugs, I don't show up for an ADR one hour late and expect to still be seated. But in this case, CM's have encouraged me to use FP whenever I want as long as it's after the start time, and I don't see what's wrong with it.

Krack

I don't think it's wrong, because CM's wouldn't be allowed to encourage guests to do something that's wrong. And clearly it's not as black-or-white as you imply if so many people see no problem in using FP late.

Many people don't follow rules if they think they wont get caught or that nobody will enforce them; probably not a majority of people, but a significant portion of the general public. That does not make their behavior correct or beneficial to society as a whole.

But in this case, CM's have encouraged me to use FP whenever I want as long as it's after the start time, and I don't see what's wrong with it.

Has it ever occurred to you that the CMs who are "encouraging" you to use the FP against company policy either (a) don't know what the correct policy is, or (b) don't care, or (c) have been told not to enforce the policy but not to encourage it by management?

To use the previous analogy ... if a movie theater's policy is to:

1. Not allow outside candy in,
2. If you see it, don't say anything (it's easier than angering the customer),
3. If someone asks, tell them that outside candy is not allowed

And you ask if you can bring your Junior Mints in and some teenager says "Sure, do whatever, I don't care," .... does that mean you're exempt from the theater policy for all time? Like, you just scored your golden ticket to movie candy for the rest of your life? Or are you still breaking the rule?

Do I doubt that you have had a cast member tell you to wait until after the designated time period to use your FastPass? No, of course not. Do I believe that cast member was doing so at management's direction or because that's the company policy? Not a chance.

Here you go. Someone came right out and said it:

Yup, I did. Is it the most anti-social behavior I've ever seen? Nope. But it's still wrong.

Definition of INTEGRITY
1: firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : incorruptibility
2: an unimpaired condition : soundness
3: the quality or state of being complete or undivided : completeness

BigTxEars

I'm happy for you that you are comfortable with being a rule-breaker. I was raised to see rule-breaking and wrong/immoral in the same vein, even if the rule makes no sense.

Instead of people in this thread telling me that I'm a rule-breaker for doing something that Disney's employees have permitted and encouraged for years, I'd be happy to see the policy officially change. I expect it to change soon, just as a CM told me on Sunday. Until then, there's not much that annoys me more than receiving what I consider to be an insult to my character, even if it is online or anonymous. And the fact that other posters can take joy in riling other people up is shocking to me. I'd never do something partly to gain enjoyment out of someone's frustration, but I guess internet anonymity will do that (not referring to you).

I guess we just see things in totally different ways :)

I mean by your thought process if you have ever sped you are a immoral person....I mean you have sped before I assume? Would you consider yourself immoral for doing so? :shrug: I certainly hope you do not.

We certainly have reached a fairly deep conversation for Junior Mints and FPs :)

DonaldDoleWhip

Many people don't follow rules if they think they wont get caught or that nobody will enforce them; probably not a majority of people, but a significant portion of the general public. That does not make their behavior correct or beneficial to society as a whole.

Has it ever occurred to you that the CMs who are "encouraging" you to use the FP against company policy either (a) don't know what the correct policy is, or (b) don't care, or (c) have been told not to enforce the policy but not to encourage it by management?

To use the previous analogy ... if a movie theater's policy is to:

1. Not allow outside candy in,
2. If you see it, don't say anything (it's easier than angering the customer),
3. If someone asks, tell them that outside candy is not allowed

And you ask if you can bring your Junior Mints in and some teenager says "Sure, do whatever, I don't care," .... does that mean you're exempt from the theater policy for all time? Like, you just scored your golden ticket to movie candy for the rest of your life? Or are you still breaking the rule?
Why should I just know that using a fastpass after the return time ends is wrong? What about it is intuitively and obviously wrong? If I got a fastpass for 9:45 AM and I choose to use it at 9:45 PM, then clearly I was at the ride way before anyone in standby at 9:45 PM or anyone using a fastpass for 9:45 PM. If I had gone earlier in the day, I would've been an extra person in front of everyone at that time. Instead, I chose to use my pass later, meaning I didn't slow down anyone earlier in the day but am slowing down people later. Why is that wrong?

And since almost every fastpass-situated CM has told me the same thing, I don't think your example holds. It wasn't just one CM who really didn't care. It was every CM I've ever spoken to at the entrance/distribution for a fastpass attraction.

boufa

Flat out simple truth.... Disney will only fix it if a.. there is a significant number of complaints that can be directly attributed to it ( there is not, because the avg guest does not know what time is on my fp ) or b.... there is money to be made from changing the system.

For every ride you use fp on, there are many rides where u do stand by. The benifit is cancelled out each time some comes back late while u are in standby. I can see them closing fastpass lines an hour before park closing to eliminate the last minute rush, but that is all.

DonaldDoleWhip

I guess we just see things in totally different ways :)

I mean by your thought process if you have ever sped you are a immoral person....I mean you have sped before I assume? Would you consider yourself immoral for doing so? :shrug: I certainly hope you do not.

We certainly have reached a fairly deep conversation for Junior Mints and FPs :)
I think you make a very good point. :) I can live with being a rule-breaker if the impact is relatively benign, but I still don't see what's so inherently wrong in using a fastpass late.

Krack

I think you make a very good point. :) I can live with being a rule-breaker if the impact is relatively benign, but I still don't see what's so inherently wrong in using a fastpass late.

What's inherently wrong is that by using the fastpass late, you are using the fastpass in a manner other than the system was designed and implemented. Disney management has chosen to not enforce this policy because it is easier to look the other way than to enforce the rule and have to hear endless complaining from selfish people who don't see what's wrong with breaking a rule when the impact is relatively benign. If everyone broke the rule similarly, the system would collapse (and does at certain times and with certain attractions).

BigTxEars

Hey we are a country or at least a colony of rule breakers......we started breaking them back in the 1770s and that worked out pretty well for us :ROFLOL: We did the same thing here in Texas in the 1830s :)

I do not think it is such a wrong or bad thing to do to use a FP late, I just think they are/were indeed set up by WDW to use within the allotted time. I am not going to say if I am 25 mins late to a ride I will not use my FP, heck I might even do it with some Junior Mints in my pockets :ROFLOL:

Disney just needs to enforce or remove the times so it is clear to everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom