New Fantasmic! - Live Stream, Videos, Reviews, Reactions

Nland316

It'd be pretty neat to see what the Peter Pan scene would look like, with all of the new special effects put in place for the show. Yes, the new scene is 1000x better visually, but Peter Pan would be also if they had kept it and enhanced it with the new effects.

The transitions into and out of the scene are so horrifically bad, that I wonder what the team behind it was thinking. They did a good job implementing the Genie segment, but then from the underwater segments-Pirates-Princess medley, the new transitions are jarring and don't help the show remain seamless.
I kinda realized how irrelevant the underwater scene actually is in the new show. There really is no need to show Triton's castle, or the nemo segment. It would make equal sense if it had just cut into Cleo/Pinocchio.

Disney Analyst

I kinda realized how irrelevant the underwater scene actually is in the new show. There really is no need to show Triton's castle, or the nemo segment. It would make equal sense if it had just cut into Cleo/Pinocchio.

True, there isn't really a point. Unless there's a technical reason that scene needed to be extended. Unsure.

Californian Elitist

Ummm, Yes... It has rainbow colors like woc and looks alot like i'm watching world of color at some points in the show.

LMAO. So rainbow colors mean World of Color? Never mind the dialogue/plot and the live actors in the show. Fantasmic! is basically World of Color because of the different colors seen throughout the show...

Stop it.

BrianLo

I haven't heard anything about this week, but you have to understand, TDO doesn't care.

They flat out don't care. About anything. They spend money when they have a gun to their head from Burbank.

When they do things right, they learn the wrong lessons. Happily Ever After is fantastic, and a big hit for them. What's their takeaway? No night parade needed anymore! We can ride this HEA train until the 50th!

I'm sure they've heard how great F2.0 is, but I doubt they will pull the trigger on their own unless Chapek forces it.

Chapek must be holding a freaking bazooka to their heads these days!

I feel like it will happen by the 50th, which is arguably too long, but I think everyone at DHS is in a weird holding pattern until Toy Story opens up to let the pressure off somewhat to start refurbing the shows.

GiveMeTheMusic

Chapek must be holding a freaking bazooka to their heads these days!

New attractions are a bit different, and those are coming down on a corporate mandate. TDO isn't really calling those shots. But when it comes to things like shows/parades and their refurbs, they've been able to coast for a very long time. It'd be nice if their entire lineup can be overhauled by the 50th (HEA/ROL excepted of course).

Curious Constance

New attractions are a bit different, and those are coming down on a corporate mandate. TDO isn't really calling those shots. But when it comes to things like shows/parades and their refurbs, they've been able to coast for a very long time. It'd be nice if their entire lineup can be overhauled by the 50th (HEA/ROL excepted of course).
Why would TDO be so resistant to upgrading things? The money isn't coming out of their pockets is it?

George Lucas on a Bench

I'd say the biggest reason why this feels more World of Color esque is that they're both Davison productions, and have some of the same vocals.

But, this Fantasmic! is still miles ahead of World of Color.

Well, considering World of Color is a BORING clip show, that's not saying much. I'd rather they just project an episode of Seinfeld on those fountains for the half hour. Maybe the Seinfeld clip show!

Phroobar

I mean if we all want to get real for a second, Fantasmic is THE original world of color.
Fantasmic isn't the first colored fountain show. The Disneyland Hotel had the Fantasy Waters Show. It ran from 1970-2007.
Dancing_Waters_0983b.jpg

JediMasterMatt

I haven't heard anything about this week, but you have to understand, TDO doesn't care.

They flat out don't care. About anything. They spend money when they have a gun to their head from Burbank.

When they do things right, they learn the wrong lessons. Happily Ever After is fantastic, and a big hit for them. What's their takeaway? No night parade needed anymore! We can ride this HEA train until the 50th!

I'm sure they've heard how great F2.0 is, but I doubt they will pull the trigger on their own unless Chapek forces it.

It comes out of their budget, yes. It's hard to award yourself bonuses every year when you spend your budget on actual upgrades to the guest experience.

Unfortunately, this is still the truth. TDO may be dead on paper; but, the mindset is still very much in play. I'll be putting my much more comprehensive thoughts together eventually in Spirit's thread; but, nothing has really changed in Orlando. The old ways are still very much in place.

The windfall that is coming Orlando's direction for the 50th comes with a warning about "beware TDO bearing gifts". While yes, it sure is exciting to have a whole slew of "upgrades" coming online as it seems the sleeping giant has finally awoken in the swamps after 20 some years of malaise. The danger is what happens AFTER the Emperor's New Clothes go on display and the spotlight turns after the 50th? Will all of those shiny new toys retain their luster? What good does buying the new Ferrari if you aren't going to keep the factory shine on it?

Considering the first of the shiny new toys is enjoying the first summer online, Smurf Village is already showing some very non-Disney Parks signs of neglect. Graffiti that has been in place for weeks still hasn't been painted over and while TDO is doing a markedly good job of making sure at least their resort guests get a crack at Pandora with the extended Magic Hours being well... extended again, what about the rest of the parks? Well, here in the peak of the summer season on a Friday night, the Magic Kingdom is closing at 10:00pm! Simple maintenance projects that I saw behind walls in June were still under walls in July. Effects that were broken were still broken.

The easiest way I can put it is WDW is your child that keeps bringing home D's and C's on their report card when you know they can get an A (like Pandora and Happily Ever After).

In what should be the start of a new golden age in Orlando with the new attractions, transportation, and resorts coming for the 50th - will it be the beginning of a return to form or just providing more opportunities to come up short and letting the giant go back to slumber? All I know is it better be the former as it's going to be a LONG way until the 75th and I don't think WDW could survive another quarter century of tarnish.

There is no excuse for not plussing WDW's Fantasmic in time for the 50th other than simply the don't care. TDO's excuse is the rubes are still lining up for it, so why bother... and unfortunately, they are right. WDW needs stronger advocates.

Phroobar

There you go. Fantasmic, World of Color. All fakes! Copies ;) Fantasy Waters is the original.
No one gives proper credit to that show. My wife's family lived near Disneyland when she was growing up. They would go down to the Disneyland Hotel just to see the show for an evening's entertainment and then go out for pizza. It was free entertainment.

Kman101

Unfortunately, this is still the truth. TDO may be dead on paper; but, the mindset is still very much in play. I'll be putting my much more comprehensive thoughts together eventually in Spirit's thread; but, nothing has really changed in Orlando. The old ways are still very much in place.

The windfall that is coming Orlando's direction for the 50th comes with a warning about "beware TDO bearing gifts". While yes, it sure is exciting to have a whole slew of "upgrades" coming online as it seems the sleeping giant has finally awoken in the swamps after 20 some years of malaise. The danger is what happens AFTER the Emperor's New Clothes go on display and the spotlight turns after the 50th? Will all of those shiny new toys retain their luster? What good does buying the new Ferrari if you aren't going to keep the factory shine on it?

Considering the first of the shiny new toys is enjoying the first summer online, Smurf Village is already showing some very non-Disney Parks signs of neglect. Graffiti that has been in place for weeks still hasn't been painted over and while TDO is doing a markedly good job of making sure at least their resort guests get a crack at Pandora with the extended Magic Hours being well... extended again, what about the rest of the parks? Well, here in the peak of the summer season on a Friday night, the Magic Kingdom is closing at 10:00pm! Simple maintenance projects that I saw behind walls in June were still under walls in July. Effects that were broken were still broken.

The easiest way I can put it is WDW is your child that keeps bringing home D's and C's on their report card when you know they can get an A (like Pandora and Happily Ever After).

In what should be the start of a new golden age in Orlando with the new attractions, transportation, and resorts coming for the 50th - will it be the beginning of a return to form or just providing more opportunities to come up short and letting the giant go back to slumber? All I know is it better be the former as it's going to be a LONG way until the 75th and I don't think WDW could survive another quarter century of tarnish.

There is no excuse for not plussing WDW's Fantasmic in time for the 50th other than simply the don't care. TDO's excuse is the rubes are still lining up for it, so why bother... and unfortunately, they are right. WDW needs stronger advocates.

I agree with pretty much all of this but the first part is a bit ... rough ;) lol. WDW needs better management who gives a crap. They also need to learn how to loosen the purse strings once in a while and do upgrades for the sake of upgrades. There's a lot of flaws in how they run things and management is terrible. But you act as if WDW is falling apart and that's just not true. It's sad though how guests just don't care and do what they're doing in queue lines, but they also used to be on top of that stuff ... WDW could be SO much better. It has all the ingredients but they only do things when forced. I have to imagine they're panicking at all these new rides. It's why they like to replace instead of add (though some things are actual additions). But I also know guest feedback is a big part of why they're finally moving on Epcot and DHS. Their decade of stagnation (and in some cases *coughEpcotcough* longer than that) is finally catching up to them. They basically have no choice at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom