New Disney park in Shanghai in 2012

jrriddle

Connor002 said:
i thought that WDI still desgned the attractions and parks...:veryconfu

WDI designs the attractions, OLC gives them a big enough budget that they can build what they dream (with in reason of course). That's why TDLR got DisneySeas, DLR got DCA and DLP got DSP. It's all about the budget.

cherrynegra

jrriddle said:
WDI designs the attractions, OLC gives them a big enough budget that they can build what they dream (with in reason of course). That's why TDLR got DisneySeas, DLR got DCA and DLP got DSP. It's all about the budget.

I agree with you completely. You design and build what you can with the budget you have. I think the Japanese expect a quality product that far exceeds what the Americans expect, and anything less than perfect would not do in Japan. It is a culture that values aesthetics in all things big and small. So they're willing to budget more monies to assure a quality experience in their parks.

WDWScottieBoy

I can confirm this "rumor" 100%.

One of my professor's is an ex-President in the Walt Disney Company and was telling us all about this new park today.

So consider it done. I was told they are going to start ground-breaking by 2008 or were hoping to have it open by 2008...I'm going to go with the first one on that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom