Rumor New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Vegas Disney Fan

My concern is that they don’t know

This has been a common theme with Disney as long as I can remember, they come up with an idea, roll it out before sorting out the details, chaos and frustration ensues, and they patch it with bandaids as they go.

That’s been true of their line schemes, their apps, their website, RunDisney… everything they do puts the cart before the horse, and we happily pay for the bad experience while complaining. 🤷🏼‍♂️

TrainsOfDisney

That’s been true of their line schemes, their apps, their website, RunDisney…
Don’t forget D23!!!! While it sold out before I could decide I’m kinda glad I’m not there for them trying to do reserved seating in an arena this year! They could shove large groups in to open seating in a timely manner I can’t imagine that disaster! Haha

ConfettiCupcake

I'm pretty sure you are being disingenuous when you claim it *isn't* a line skip system. It was literally designed for people who claim they are unable to stand in the regular line...aka, a line skip system.

I think the disconnect is when it’s not explicitly said the wait is done elsewhere (although I think 200+ pages in we all understand this) as line skip implies you can just walk up to the LL like GAC allowed.

Again I think in the context of the thread it’s semantics though.

Are wheelchair loading areas at the bus stops a line skip system?

I mean technically they kind of are, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist for legitimate reason.

DisneyHead123

Yes I'm sure they were high from resort guests who "WE" had a 30 day advantage..I would give them 100% satisfied for that benefit and the refresh was a great bonus... Plus less pressure on DAS.
I always thought the FP+ was an incentive to fill the resorts and based on my experience AP rooms were harder to get sometimes .
When 19 came along and reduced staff for resorts, then they went to a paid version to increase $$$.. and that brings us to the DAS abuse...
Extended family's could plan a trip with FP's and not need DAS for the reasons they get them now.
Yes, I’m sure it depends on an individual park goers touring style, but for me and my extended family it was great. I really don’t like Genie+. My son has some sensory sensitivities and will currently only go on about 3-4 rides at MK (on a good day, other days it’s limited entirely to the train.) If we had FP+ we could easily get the rides he wants over and over, because they’re all pretty much C-list kinda rides like the Speedway (these days anything and everything can get a substantial wait though.) With Genie it’s this big extra cost to make sure we can skip the line once. And it seems like that method probably contributes to longer waits anyways - I don’t understand why they don’t have the “no re-ride” rule apply only to e-tickets.

jaklgreen

Yes, I’m sure it depends on an individual park goers touring style, but for me and my extended family it was great. I really don’t like Genie+. My son has some sensory sensitivities and will currently only go on about 3-4 rides at MK (on a good day, other days it’s limited entirely to the train.) If we had FP+ we could easily get the rides he wants over and over, because they’re all pretty much C-list kinda rides like the Speedway (these days anything and everything can get a substantial wait though.) With Genie it’s this big extra cost to make sure we can skip the line once. And it seems like that method probably contributes to longer waits anyways - I don’t understand why they don’t have the “no re-ride” rule apply only to e-tickets.
This is where I think that Disney can get into some problems if it comes down to them just telling those with disabilities to just buy Genie+. People with disabilities are supposed to have equal access. Genie+ does not give you that. Typical people can ride the same thing over and over if they wanted to, Genie+ doesn't allow for that.
Take away that it costs money, not having the availability to re-ride can also be seen as unequal.

ditzee

All im asking is why is Disney NOT explaining how its gonna work. People are literally weeks away from dealing with this unknown on a 1st hand basis. Its a really risky and expensive some families may be forced to gamble with all because Disney has communicated this extremely poorly
The DAS CM I spoke to yesterday on the video chat told me nothing would be released until May 20th. In other words, all the stuff we're hearing and reading is crap supposition. Will some of it turn out to be true, maybe but she was adamant that the CMs were in training and nothing could be discussed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is where I think that Disney can get into some problems if it comes down to them just telling those with disabilities to just buy Genie+. People with disabilities are supposed to have equal access. Genie+ does not give you that. Typical people can ride the same thing over and over if they wanted to, Genie+ doesn't allow for that.
Take away that it costs money, not having the availability to re-ride can also be seen as unequal.
Who’s riding things “over and over again”?

Chi84

Premium Member
But the things people want to ride can have waits of 1 to 2 hours, so it’s self-limiting.

ditzee

I'm pretty sure you are being disingenuous when you claim it *isn't* a line skip system. It was literally designed for people who claim they are unable to stand in the regular line...aka, a line skip system.
GAC, before it changed, was a total skip the line system. GAC holders were brought in through the exits a lot of the time. It was like having a free VIP tour line access but maybe better and definitely cheaper.
DAS is a virtual line system and having done both, I can say that if skipping the line was the objective, GAC was 1 million times better.

Happyday

Are wheelchair loading areas at the bus stops a line skip system?
Technically yes but... if they don't separate the line then a whole bunch of people will have to move for a wheelchair to gain access this is a logistical issue. Just remember there are only 2-3 spaces for wheelchairs/scooters we have had to wait for 3 buses at times when the 'standby' line emptied out each time. We have been sitting there waiting for a bus while everyone has left for the parks.

TrainsOfDisney

Technically yes but... if they don't separate the line then a whole bunch of people will have to move for a wheelchair to gain access this is a logistical issue. Just remember there are only 2-3 spaces for wheelchairs/scooters we have had to wait for 3 buses at times when the 'standby' line emptied out each time. We have been sitting there waiting for a bus while everyone has left for the parks.
Oh I wasn’t saying it’s wrong…. I don’t think it’s a “line skip” either. i didn’t think anyone would think it was! Haha

RamblinWreck

Well, part of the reason the lines were “just as slow as before” is because Lightining lanes were still being used by a lot of DAS users. But yeah, this alone certainly won’t fix the issue, but it certainly won’t hurt.
In June of 2021, the lightning lanes seemed very empty to me.

The few people I did see going through them were what led to me learning about the existence of DAS in the first place. I think a lot of people probably have a similar experience. "I thought fast pass was gone? How are those people going in that line?".

RamblinWreck

I don't think there's a court out there that's going to buy that argument. I doubt Disney is worried about it in the slightest.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In June of 2021, the lightning lanes seemed very empty to me.

The few people I did see going through them were what led to me learning about the existence of DAS in the first place. I think a lot of people probably have a similar experience. "I thought fast pass was gone? How are those people going in that line?".
They should have been…it didn’t start until the fall 😎

The only people in them were DAS

Chi84

Premium Member
I don't think there's a court out there that's going to buy that argument. I doubt Disney is worried about it in the slightest.
That’s an interesting issue. Disney is likely going to limit line accommodations quite a bit, which may lead to a lawsuit being filed fairly quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom