Rumor New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Splash4eva

You could enroll on May 18 and it would be valid for 30 days. At that time you would need to re enroll with the new process and if you qualify the new DAS would be valid for 120 days.
Are you sure its only valid for 30 days or it will be valid for you entire trip? I cant picture you being asked to enroll yet again mid trip new rules or not?

peter11435

Are you sure its only valid for 30 days or it will be valid for you entire trip? I cant picture you being asked to enroll yet again mid trip new rules or not?
If they enroll on May 18 it will only be valid for 30 days. In this case they could just wait until May 20 and enroll once under the new system and it will be valid for 120 days and include their entire trip.

Fido Chuckwagon

Not too many people go on a trip for 60 days, I don’t think Disney is going to make an exception to their 30 day rule for those rare edge cases.

sWANNISAX

Thanks for the info I missed that 30 day thing In all the info. I'll probably enroll before the cancellatjon for the first few days of my trip. Especially since it's unclear what accommodations if any they will offer me under the new program. Thanks for the info.

And for those commenting on the length. I have a vacation home and am a teacher and planning to spend my summer down there. So yea it's a two month trip.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yes. During the transition period the DAS is only valid for 30 days. If they want it valid for their entire vacation all they need to do is wait to enroll on or after May 20.

Are you sure that's right? When we've used DAS, it's been valid from the start date of of the ticket - i.e. the first day we used it, and then for 60 days (now 30). So if they registered May 18 for their first day in the park on June 17, wouldn't it be valid from June 17 + 30 days? Unless they have an AP which is a different situation.

sWANNISAX

Are you sure that's right? When we've used DAS, it's been valid from the start date of of the ticket - i.e. the first day we used it, and then for 60 days (now 30). So if they registered May 18 for their first day in the park on June 17, wouldn't it be valid from June 17 + 30 days? Unless they have an AP which is a different situation.
Mine is an ap

peter11435

That is my understanding. The 30 day window begins at registration. The goal here is to transition as quickly and smoothly as possible.

Fido Chuckwagon

I’m sure they’re doing it this way to avoid people who won’t qualify under the new system from registering 1 day before the new system rolls out to try to continue getting access to the old system for as long as possible. I’m interested to see if they move Guardians off VQ ahead of my late June trip understanding that they can’t right now because of how much capacity would be eaten up by DAS reriders.

nickys

Premium Member
To clarify the situation for regular tickets, if your trip starts before June 20th, you can register 30 days before and your DAS will be valid for the length of your ticket.

So if you have a 10 day ticket with a start date of June 11th, you can register today under the old eligibility rules and your DAS will be valid for your entire trip.

In the case of a UK 14 day ticket starting June 11th it would be valid until June 28th.

For APs I don’t know how it’s working.

RamblinWreck

Are you a pass holder or no?

If you are a pass holder it will be good for 30 days starting with the day your trip starts. This one I am 100% confident in.

If you are not, it will be good for the length of your ticket.

On another forum there are a lot of people posting their results and this seems to be the consensus.

Happyday

If you are a pass holder it will be good for 30 days starting with the day your trip starts. This one I am 100% confident in.

On another forum there are a lot of people posting their results and this seems to be the consensus.
Have you heard of AP holders renewing before the old DAS expired? That would be the only thing that may be a catch for this person.🤔

Splash4eva

Thats what i thought. It will be good for my entire trip once it starts…

nickys

Premium Member
Yes. During the transition period the DAS is only valid for 30 days. If they want it valid for their entire vacation all they need to do is wait to enroll on or after May 20.

Coming to update with information confirmed on Touring Plans from someone who just did it.
@mikejs78 is correct here for APs too. If you renew now for a trip starting before June 20th, the DAS is valid for 30 days after your first park reservation.

Retiredlife60

It's quite simple....Person A can sit in a wheelchair and be fine...Person B doesn't have that same accommodation. The physical issues have always been weird to me...So if I'm missing a leg(and can't hop down a full queue) and "refuse" to use a provided wheelchair then I can just get DAS and skip the line?
My husband is totally disabled with a back injury. Has been for a number of years. Has had back surgeries which have made him worse. A mobility device does not work for him because his back hurts if he sits too long, stands too long or walks for extended periods. We know that he will not qualify for DAS because it’s a mobility issue. We plan on taking a cane with a seat and hope that they allow that so that if we are in line and he needs to sit down he can. I guess the point I’m trying to make is a mobility device is not always the answer for people with certain conditions like my husbands. It would be nice if they have something for these type of issues.

ditzee

My husband is totally disabled with a back injury. Has been for a number of years. Has had back surgeries which have made him worse. A mobility device does not work for him because his back hurts if he sits too long, stands too long or walks for extended periods. We know that he will not qualify for DAS because it’s a mobility issue. We plan on taking a cane with a seat and hope that they allow that so that if we are in line and he needs to sit down he can. I guess the point I’m trying to make is a mobility device is not always the answer for people with certain conditions like my husbands. It would be nice if they have something for these type of issues.
I qualified for the same type of issue.
Now will I qualify after my trip next week, I don't know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom